Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Macross Dub - Minitokyo

New Macross Dub

Tagged under Macross

page 1 of 1 2 total items

As many of you are aware, ADV is releasing a new english dub for Macross.

I have mixed feelings about it.

Vic Mignogna plays Hikaru well, and Mara Iijima reprising her role as Minmei is a real treat.

However, I'm not happy with the casting for Global and Misa Hayase. Global lacks any sense of command in his voice, and Monica Rial's reads as Misa come across as too high-pitched and nasal.

I am interested in hearing Max and Miriya. They're being played by Chris Patton and Luci Christian, respectively, who also performed together as Sosuke and Kaname (again, respectively) on Full Metal Panic.

Brett Weaver's reads as Roy are eerily similar to his reads as Gai Daigohji on Nadesico, and I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

At the very least, we don't have to listen to Reba West's ear-bleeding voice this time out.

Hikaru07

Hikaru07

Pilot VF-1 Valkyrie

mmmm...
the new dub... is good ...
but...
the way in says "Macross" is really bad....
single Mari Iijima pronounces it well..

Hikaru07
Pilot VF-1 Valkyrie
MACROSS TV SERIES
Signature

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.