Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 English or Japanese magazine? - Minitokyo

English or Japanese magazine?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

toonleap

toonleap

Just a Waller

I am planning to subscribe to an anime magazine, and I am thinking on Newtype perhaps or Megami....
My problem is the following...which version should I get, the japanese or the english version....I cant read japanese too much, but ofbviously, the latest stuff comes from Japan...I am not sure if the english version of Newtype has the latest stuff up to date with their counterpart in Japan.....

I am also thinking to subscribe to the Megami Mag, but if it is good?..I mean, it has LOTS of cute girls and stuff, but what about its content?....so, it is between newtype eng, newtype jap, or megami perhaps....

any suggestions?

Signature
Visit my Gallery, make a comment, fav it if you like it and best of all, Download it! Enjoy!
Unete a Hispanime Other groups I joined: Anime Club, MT Singles Club, ::Simple-ism::,
::Mai-Hime-fans::

well.... if you don't read japanese, I wouldn't recomed Newtype in japanese because, everything is in that lang. and it doesn't have that much of pictures XD , the english vers. is kind of late on things...and megami mag.... rulx!!!!!! hehe, because it doesn't have that much reading content..... sooo .... that's my opinion... :D goooooooooooooood luck chosing..

It depends on what you want. Newtype is basically a "general" anime mag with a wide spectum of the anime out there in Japan. Megami is more "Shounen Perv Oriented"....I don't think I've ever seen a pick of a guy in Megami ever...but, yeah, basically lots of pretty girl pics.

I for one can't read a single bit of japanese..but I enjoy flipping through both mags pretty pics. And for USA Newtype, the US version usually is about 2 months behind on content sorta...they tend to mix and match so sometimes you can get stuff that is current (usually not), but if I wanted to read a particular article, I'll go to Borders or something and read it there. But they generally don't have any info that I usually don't know already.

If you are in the states, subscribing to Newtype USA is pretty good, you can save a few bucks from rack price. I don't beleive you can "subscribe" to the Japanese version of Newtype or get Megami (Jap only last time I checked)...though you can get them through places like Asahiya or Kino or some other Japanese book stores through special order...perhaps they give subscription discounts of some sort on that. Or buy just buy off the shelf.

Just remember, Megami is like 50% more expensive than Japanese/USA Newtype.

I though personally prefer Animage over either. Has a nice mix of anime pics and great special items in it...Sept Animage had Col Mustang's State Alchemist gloves from FMA ^_^.

Hope this helps.

chunli61

chunli61

Chocolate Queen

hmmm if you want the latest stuff then get newtype japan, if not newtype usa. i dont really like megami. but i have noticed that newtype usa doesnt get the same "special inserts" as newtype japan, and also sometimes the covers for certian months are different. i'm pretty sure the contest is the same tho, just about 3 months or so behind newtype japan.

over in my place, newtype usa is more expensive than its japanese counterpart. even back issues. i just bought newtype and animage from kinokuniya. since i cant read any kanji, i just look at the pretty pics :)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.