Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Water of Life (wallpaper) - Minitokyo

Water of Life (wallpaper)

page 1 of 1 9 total items

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

Here is my latest wallpaper and I'm wondering if it's good enough to put up here or what suggestions you all have for making it better.

Water of Life

Photobucket resized it from what my friend told me (it's supposed to be 1024x768), but i think it gives the general gist of the wall.

This one features Chikage from Sister Princess and the planet was made using brushes from here.

Feel free to critique it and give me feedback. ^_^

"Mythology is psychology misread as biography."-Joseph Campbell
"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
— Albert Einstein
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."-Cicero

Hmm... first of all, a hint: try hosting your images on imageshack.us, their website allows really big images and you'll have no more problems with resizing.

Your wallpaper looks really good, but I'd suggest you change the color hues of the two moons so that they look a bit more like each other... And also, you should try several more different star brushes for the background. Apart from that, it's cute. You should give it a shot and post it ;)

Awww.. it's a really pretty image.. .. It'd be nice if you can make the wall bigger than 1024x768.. technology moves quickly, and a lot of people use larger resolutions nowadays.. other than that.. the wall looks nice.. Perhaps you should make the colors blend more.. Chikage doesn't seem to match well with the dark blue sky.. it'd be much more pleasing to the eye to see some purple shades of color and effects.. like.. comets.. shooting stars.. make it more magical .. ^^

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

Ok, I shall check that out. ^_^

The Orb is a part of the scan, but I can try making the other one match in color....maybe a blue? And I shall see what I can do about the stars.

Thanks for the suggestion ^_^

merged: 02-16-2006 ~ 12:26pm

Quote by mayAwww.. it's a really pretty image.. .. It'd be nice if you can make the wall bigger than 1024x768.. technology moves quickly, and a lot of people use larger resolutions nowadays.. other than that.. the wall looks nice.. Perhaps you should make the colors blend more.. Chikage doesn't seem to match well with the dark blue sky.. it'd be much more pleasing to the eye to see some purple shades of color and effects.. like.. comets.. shooting stars.. make it more magical .. ^^

I will see what I can do about the comets and what not. As for the size, I'm working off of an 800x600 screen, so even this is stretching it for me and last I knew this size was still the most common.

— Albert Einstein

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

It's a nice start, but it feels like it's missing something. The chara looks too seperate

* The moon doesn't match the scan; it's too textured, whereas the scan is smooth. A lot of wallers fix this type of problem by adding clouds. Clouds not only soften the bg, but fill in some space.

* The stars look too regular. I'm not sure at this resolution, but it looks like a pure noise filter. The cross-like stars are also too regular. I suggest downloading some more brushes and alternating them, You may also want to try another tutorial for the bg.

* I think a well-done title would give the wall more weight and structure.

* btw: Screen size shouldn't be too much of a prob when making walls. I make 1600x1200 walls on a 1280x800 (that's widescreen, too) laptop. 1600x1200 is the best resolution for walls now, and the one you'll see most often from long-time wallers here at MT.

You can use Quicktime to get a peak at Photoshop files while working on them to see what the whole image looks like, or you can just zoom out in Photoshop.

Hope this helps. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

Quote by bluSakeIt's a nice start, but it feels like it's missing something. The chara looks too seperate

* The moon doesn't match the scan; it's too textured, whereas the scan is smooth. A lot of wallers fix this type of problem by adding clouds. Clouds not only soften the bg, but fill in some space.

* The stars look too regular. I'm not sure at this resolution, but it looks like a pure noise filter. The cross-like stars are also too regular. I suggest downloading some more brushes and alternating them, You may also want to try another tutorial for the bg.

* I think a well-done title would give the wall more weight and structure.

* btw: Screen size shouldn't be too much of a prob when making walls. I make 1600x1200 walls on a 1280x800 (that's widescreen, too) laptop. 1600x1200 is the best resolution for walls now, and the one you'll see most often from long-time wallers here at MT.

You can use Quicktime to get a peak at Photoshop files while working on them to see what the whole image looks like, or you can just zoom out in Photoshop.

Hope this helps. :)

Thank yo ufor the suggestions. I really appraciate it. ^_^ I was thinking of adding some mist at the bottom, but couldn't find the right brushes on my comp. ^^; I have a friend who is going to be helping me to learn some new tricks to make my walls better. :D

— Albert Einstein

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

for the starfeild, duplicate it, increase the contrast on the new layer, tranform it bigger, rotate to lose the echo effect and then merge them and attack it with the clone stamp. thatll give it more depth and a more random realistic look.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

You can make your own mist if you want. Off the top of my head,
1) Using a soft brush to laydown some white. Don't be too uniformed. Go diagonal, add some high points and such. [You can just add a big block of white and do step two though. Just more boring.]
2) Gussian[Sp] blur it to give you a boost.
3) Eraser at 10-15% opacity and go with your heart.
4) Finally, if you want, take your Blur tool and take out some hard spots if you want. Don't forget to lower opacity.

That shoulds give you some soft mist. If you want it to look harder. Less blurring or something... I have only tried it a few time in a large scale. Small scale you can get clouds.
Well, hope that works out for you. Did for me... Don't send a group of rabid monkies at me...

One more thing, extract the area below her head.

Well, hope I helped.

Learning little by little.
Signature

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

Quote by PhoenixNoxfor the starfeild, duplicate it, increase the contrast on the new layer, tranform it bigger, rotate to lose the echo effect and then merge them and attack it with the clone stamp. thatll give it more depth and a more random realistic look.

Alrighty....Thanks ^_^

Vinitachi: I'm not gonna send any monkies after you. XD I appreciate all the help. ^_^ I'm seeing if I can find some brushes.

— Albert Einstein

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.