Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Space Anime Anyone? - Minitokyo

Space Anime Anyone?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Hi Minna!
i want to ask you, if you know anime based in space rather than yamato 999?
bceause i want to see more variant anime story than the usual one
is anyone can give my advise?
thank youu!

suejean

suejean

[onigiri]

umm..i don't know much but there's
Galaxy Angel
Gundam (all the series)

that's all I know ^^; eh heh...*shrugs* aif I find anymore than i'll let you know ^-^

Crest of the stars is good one especially its sequel which is 90% of the times is based in space. Crest of the stars is about fifty fifty though since it shifts from space to land especially towards the end but its sequel is purely space. The only thing with these are that they are quite short (or not as long as you want them to be) and its difficult finding them around too.

Also, you can argue the fact that Cowboy Bebob is a space anime to but that's also fifty fifty. Anyway good look find some more.

In order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. This is the first law of equivalent exchange

uchuu no stellvia...

There is Outlaw Star, Angel Links, Gunbuster, Infinite Ryvius, Xenosaga , Nadesico, Vandread.

There are also alot of space oriented plot anime which mostly take place on the ground as well.
Like Argentosoma, Blue Gender, Evangelion, Fafner in the Azures, Gunparade March, Gun X Sword, Kenran Butoh Say, Onegai Teacher, Photon the idiot menace, RahXephon, Soultaker, the Legend of Black Heaven, Wild Arms, Zone of The Enders (series and movie)
These are all oriented around aliens and invaders. Take a look into them for some more detail
Enjoy!

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Crest/Baner of the Stars, Martian Successor Nadesico, Infinite Ryvius, Sol Bianca and most definitely Vandread. I love space animes so I watch them when I can. I highly recommend Vandread, which I throughly enjoyed.

Also I don't know if this series could be termed a space anime but Survive: Uninhabited Planet which has a group of students heading from a space colony for a school excursion and getting sucked into a gravity storm and crash landing on an uninhabited alien planet.

Same author than Yamato: Captain Harlock
you have the 1978 serie, the 1984 (i think, i forgot) serie, the "Arcadia of my youth" movie and the "Endless Odyssey" serie

Don't forget about Starship Operators. I just recently finished watching it, very impressive.

Signature Image

ceriseangel2

ceriseangel2

Intjkitty

gundam seed is really good, except gundam seed destiny could have been better

Im surprised nobody mention Planetes, never watched before but i heard it was good. Desription,

Hachimaki Hoshino is a garbage man in space. Together with his friends Yuri, Fee and Tanabe he collects everything from satellites to screws, that has the power to, at high speeds punch large holes in innocent spaceships. But Hachi dreams of owning a spaceship and he sees an opportunity to earn a lot of money in becoming a part of the crew for the first manned trip to Jupiter, but in his way are armed terrorists, his own dark side and even the grim reaper.

wow, thanks alot minna!
i dont know there's many anime based in space!
especially the movie's one!
after checking starship operator's, is the 13'th series is the last episode of it?
and is anyone know about endless odysesy and arcadia of my youth? thanks moreka for the information!

3 recommendations from me:

-Gundam Seed, although it's not all set in space (actually I think the majority is set on ground of the series), it does have quite a lot of space and space battles between ships and things like that

-Cowboy Bebop has some space parts in it, I think it's a bit of a minority but the main characters fly in a spaceship so it might be what you're looking for. Either way this is a great anime and I recommend it

-Outlaw Star - I haven't watched this myself but I think this is a space based one - I could be wrong ^_^'

I'm watching Kiddy Grade now. It a very sophisticated cyborg action drama.
You could always go old skool with Yamato/ Galaxy express 999 movies. etc.
Then there's Tenchi Muyo, although they tend to spend a lot of time on earth too!

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I highly recommend PlanetES. Gives you a good look at what life may be like in the future (with a good storyline mixed in as well)

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I also highly recommend "PlanetES" because it's such a good story. Most anime try to attract you with all sorts of special powers, magic, beautiful characters and what not but PlanatES is very down-to-earth with characters that are very normal looking. I feel its closer to reality so it's easier to relate to the anime...hmmm, not sure if I expressed myself very clearly hehe =P Other than that, "Uchuu no Stellvia" is very cute and "Vandread" is fun to watch. "Cowboy Bebop" is a more mature than the previous two though it's probably not 100% space anime but also highly recommended ^^

All the Gundam series, of course. The space battles are usually well done. Galaxy Express 999, Captain Harlock, and any spin-off universe of them just for the sheer imagery. Cowboy Bebop is a more serious watch.

Quote by mushishiwow, thanks alot minna!
i dont know there's many anime based in space!
especially the movie's one!
after checking starship operator's, is the 13'th series is the last episode of it?
and is anyone know about endless odysesy and arcadia of my youth? thanks moreka for the information!

Yes, the 13th episode is the last episode of this series. I think it was too short, and seemed like they rushed things. That's probably one of the few downfalls of this series though.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.