Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Corps or Thirteen squads? - Minitokyo

Corps or Thirteen squads?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Afthartos

Afthartos

The Forbidden One

In the episodes we have seen that the Soul Society has two Fighting forces...The Thirteen Squads and Corps(the ones fighting hollows in the real world)When Shinigamis graduate from the academy they have to choose if they 'll stay to the courts of a Squad(Particularly of the Squad they where assigned) or follow the duties of the Corps Operations...If u had to make that choice what would u choose and why?I would choose to follow the Corps because they have the chance to experience combat with hollows more often than the Court members who mostly fight hollows in Soul Society and because of their very cute Commander and Captain of the 2nd Squad...Soi Fon ;) She's very HOT!Especially when she's angry...:D

Two souls....
Signature
One Destiny...

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I would dispute your assertion that only the Corps fights hollows in the living world, because there are a number of instances where non-corps members of the Thirteen Squads are present hunting hollows in the Real World. Furthermore, there is evidence to suggest that the corps is nothing other than the Second Squad of the Thirteen Squads; as we can see, each of the squads has a specialization (the fourth being healing-oriented, the eleventh being melee-oriented, the twelfth being research-oriented, etc.) and therefore the second squad can simply be special operations-oriented.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Afthartos

Afthartos

The Forbidden One

Quote by shinsengumiI would dispute your assertion that only the Corps fights hollows in the living world, because there are a number of instances where non-corps members of the Thirteen Squads are present hunting hollows in the Real World. Furthermore, there is evidence to suggest that the corps is nothing other than the Second Squad of the Thirteen Squads; as we can see, each of the squads has a specialization (the fourth being healing-oriented, the eleventh being melee-oriented, the twelfth being research-oriented, etc.) and therefore the second squad can simply be special operations-oriented.

Hmmm...I can see u have a point...But still if remember the episodes only In very serious situations Captains or court members fight hollows in the real world...Furthermore i don't believe that the Corps are a branch of the 2nd Squad...U see it was never mentioned that Yoruichi was a captain in 2nd Squad as Soi Fong is now..Adding to all these it was mentioned that academy members make the choice between courts and corps...

Two souls....
Signature
One Destiny...

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

Yeah, as shinsengumi suggested, I would say CORPS is just a division of the 2nd squad, which is the military unit of Soul Society. Furthermore, hallows are used during shinigami trainings.

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

toonmaker

toonmaker

Nani mono ka? Namae nanka...

No I definately disagree that the Corps is a branch of the second Squad! In fact I would prefer to be a Corps member because they get to see Action more often as Afthartos said! ! !

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.