Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Airsoft guns: should they be banned? - Minitokyo

Airsoft guns: should they be banned?

Should the sale/import/trade of airsoft guns be illegal?

Yes
1 votes
No
9 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

I recently became interested in airsoft guns. I was planning on buying an M4A1 assault rifle but unfortunately I couldn't quite afford it :sweat: .

Anyways I recently heard about the VCR Bill in the UK (Violent crimes reduction bill) which bans the sale/import/trade of any replica weapons and I was told by a friend that airsoft guns will be illegal to sale/import/trade as of the end of March. There has also been talk of banning airsoft guns in the USA. Kind of strange, considering real firearms are legal to sell in the USA...

Now to me, I don't see how banning replicas is going to address the big problem of gun crimes and armed robbery crimes in the UK. For a country that has made firearms illegal, there sure are a lot of shootings happening all over the UK. Airsoft guns (even with full levels of upgrades) barely break the skin, yet the government feels the need to appear proactive in the fight against crime while not actually doing anything at all.

The majority of people who own airsoft guns are extremely responsible people, and in some cases are ex-military/ex-police. So please don't assume that an interest in guns makes us testosterone fuelled morons.

What are your thoughts on the ban?

oh for those of you who wish to help fight against this ban please visit saveairsoft.org

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I'm always against bans that just try to get rid of retarded stuff. Do I personally own (or plan to own) an airsoft gun? No. But I have a friend that does and he is just a gun nut that doesn't want to use a real gun just in case. Hell I get enjoyment out of watching him nail his own mailbox with it. Show me some stats on airsoft gun related deaths, then we'll talk.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Quote by KidderSo please don't assume that an interest in guns makes us testosterone fuelled morons.

I am pro-gun, I carry a real gun, Glock 26, (legally) with me much of the time. I am also a staunch vegetarian, very pro-human rights, have a college degree, and much more left-wing than right.

I don't think that banning things solves problems. It's like putting a bandaid on a larger social issue so the government doesn't have to deal with the larger social issue.

I remember playing with very real looking replica guns when I was young. I never thought of using those real looking guns to commit crimes or point at people who weren't playing with me.

Most kids are smart enough to realize they might really get shot by the police or someone with a real gun if they fool around with realistic toys.

Things like Airsoft guns are very easy to ban because the politicians making the decisions like to pretend they are trying to save children (a popular political ploy to get votes).

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

airsoft must not be banned!

i am a proud member of our local airsoft community, and i can say that these morons committing crimes with $20 wal-mart, spray-painted spring pistols are the cause of all this trouble--if governments would actually look into the sport and see that it's no different than paintball, then they would understand--but no, politicians make it a point to make everyone's lives miserable except their own

the problem is not the airsoft guns themselves, but the idiots that get a hold of them

i, for one, think that we should just give up stupid legislation like the VCR bill--it's not going to work and crime will ALWAYS exsist, just as war always exists, and it will continue to exist until the day humans are extinct

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

I do have 3 of those type of guns.

1 small pistol
1 medium size
and one uzi.

Only one of them still works.
But i do think they are dangerous.

We used to play some variant of TDM/CTF in a forest.
Everybody has 1 hour to build a base with things they find in the forest.
Bases must be atleast 100m away from each other.
Then after an hour we go to the center point between the bases, do a last check up of then you have 5 minutes to get yourself in position. Since we did wear thick jackets we couldn't feel the plastic projectiles hit us. So we did a small CTF with it. If you got shot and you did feel it you must lay down and nobody may shoot at you then. A team member needs to revive you by sitting near you for about 5 seconds (You need to shout while you are counting ;) ).
If all team members have been hit the game is over.
Another way to win was to capture an object that was in the enemy base and get it back to yours.

We did this once a bunch of assholes. They got themselves hurt.
They were shooting at our heads with their small handguns.
We just shot everything we had at them.

Should be banned for people that are less then 16 years old.

btw, here you can find were its still allowed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft_gun

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

no i mean i've been shot with them if you banned thrm you would have to ban bb and well everything including nerf i mean if you shot with them it hurts like a (insert proper name for female dog) but they shouldn't be banned i mean a nerf dart to the right place (balls eye open wound) can do the same aoutn't of pain so whats next oh i know

EVERYONE BAN PENCILCE CAUSE THERE SHAPED LIKE KNIFES

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

Quote by beethovenno i mean i've been shot with them if you banned thrm you would have to ban bb and well everything including nerf i mean if you shot with them it hurts like a (insert proper name for female dog) but they shouldn't be banned i mean a nerf dart to the right place (balls eye open wound) can do the same aoutn't of pain so whats next oh i know

EVERYONE BAN PENCILCE CAUSE THERE SHAPED LIKE KNIFES

Yeah, that :)

Then i can't cut myself anymore with pencilces.
+ No technical drawing with hand, yay :)

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

there is only one condition in which an airsoft gun can hurt you--if you're stupid and not wearing ANSI rated goggles while playing

i've been shot multiple times by a 390 feet-per-second Classic Army M249 SAW, and it does hurt, but it cant kill or mame you

what i hate is that these VCR dipshits claim "we're not banning the sport, we're just banning the sales of airsoft products"

if you ban the sales of airsoft products, you kill the game

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

Granted I am not a UK citizen, but I support airsoft players. Banning the sale of these products will not prevent immature dilweeds from idiotic things.

Signature
	Image[/img]

okayillgonow

okayillgonow

Never tolerate oppression...

Forget IT! Just have airsoft gun eye protection and everything's fine!

''From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.'' (Karl Marx)

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.