Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 100 of the... - Minitokyo

100 of the...

page 1 of 1 18 total items

A while back like Halloween of 2004, Bravo did a special on the 100 Scariest Movie Moments of all time and I was really surprised and disappointed by the number one moment and the movie it was in. Here is the list.

100. 28 Days Later
99. Creepshow
98. Zombie
97. Cat People
96. The Birds
95. Jurassic Park
94. Pacific Heights
93. Child’s Play
92. Village of the Damned
91. Shallow Grave
90. Night of the Hunter
89. Alice Sweet Alice
88. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
87. Black Christmas
86. Wizard of Oz
85. Blood and Black Lace
84. Blue Velvet
83. The Others
82. Terminator
81. The Howling
80. Poltergeist
79. Dracula
78. The Brood
77. Signs
76. The Evil Dead
75. Candyman
74. Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory
73. Blood Simple
72. Them
71. The Sixth Sense
70. The Stepfather
69. Re-Animator
68. The Black Cat
67. Duel
66. Marathon Man
65. The Tenant
64. Near Dark
63. Deliverance
62. The Wolf Man
61. The Devil’s Backbone
60. The Beyond
59. Fatal Attraction
58. Cujo
57. House of Wax
56. Single White Female
55. The Vanishing
54. The Changeling
53. Demons
52. Phantom of the Opera
51. Dead Zone
50. The Last House on the Left
49. Les Diabolique
48. The Thing
47. Nosfurato
46. The Sentinel
45. The Whicker Man
44. The Game
43. It’s Alive
42. An American Werewolf in London
41. The Hills have Eyes
40. Black Sunday
39. Dawn of the Dead
38. Peeping Tom
37. House on Haunted Hill
36. Cape Fear
35. Aliens
34. The Hitcher
33. The Fly
32. Pet Sematary
31. Friday the 13th
30. The Blair Witch Project
29. The Serpent and the Rainbow
28. When the Stranger Calls
27. Frankenstein
26. Seven
25. Phantasm
24. Suspiria
23. Rosemary’s Baby
22. Don’t Look Now
21. Jacobs Ladder
20. The Ring
19. Hellraiser
18. The Haunting
17. The Nightmare on Elm Street
16. The Omen
15. Freaks
14. Halloween
13. Scream
12. Misery
11. Audition
10. Wait until Dark
9. Night of the Living Dead
8. Carrie
7. The Silence of the Lambs
6. The Shinning
5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Psycho
3. The Exorcist
2. Alien
1. Jaws

So what do all of you think of Jaws being number one? Also they are redoing a lot of the old movies like Psycho, the Hills have Eyes, Silent Hill, House of Wax and so on so what do you think of these updated versions of them if that is you have seen the first ones. I personally like the first versions because it was more about the story and not how much blood you can throw around. On the other hand I was more impressed with the undated Psycho than the first one but then that is just me. My person favorite scary or horror movie is of course the Hellraiser series Pinhead is so hot.

Okay your choices and your thoughts my loves?

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

blackdagger

blackdagger

Too much to handle

eh?! are they even thinking?!

What I think is that Jaws doesn't deserve the numbah 1 spot...it doesn't even chills...Deep Blue Sea is much scarier than Jaws, for goodness sake..!

I think I'm overreacting =)

>-I do WHat i waNt<-
GoT anY Problems

A-men! I was all excited because most of the movies I thought were really scary made the one hundred list and then it was all like 3....2...SURPRISING BUT DISAPOINTING CRAP! And I was all like Jaws...JAWS THAT'S IT!? What a load of crap! I've crapped scarier shit than that! What a f*cking disappointment! JAWS! JAWS! Give me a f*cking break! I was happy with my Hellraiser being number 19 though that made me happy.

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

JAWS? Definitely not scary but it did spark an almost religious world-wide hunt for "man-eating" sharks so that (and reports of actual events) is probably why it made the top of the list.
Kinda suprised Ghost and the Darkness isn't listed (or I missed it). That one was acutally based off a true story. True it was "Hollywooded" up but still a pair of lions going on a killing spree just to kill is pretty frightening and can be applied to anywhere large predators roam.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

s-scary m-m-movies? >.O hahaha well thats awsome what a big list of scary movies....i don't think i neveer seen any of those haaha

Signature

I'm glad Jurassic Park made it. That movie scared the crap outta me, and it was good. The Ring was crazy. Jaws, never seen it Jenosy.

"I'm not lonely. Cuz I'm always alone".

Yaya-chan

Yaya-chan

Placebo :3

I think number should've been The Ring, The Blair Witch Project or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Jaws isn't scary at all, it just makes you tense >_>

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.

They said that the reason why Jaws made the number one spot was because it made everyone afraid to go into the water even in little kiddy pools all over America.

Be happy that you didn't Wing-love because it was a total let down and the shark was so fake. Then they go and make like four sequels that are worse than the first one.

Signature Image

Four sequels that are worst, eh? Thats a waste of time and money. It's also funny that some people can't go in the water becuz of a movie, let alone a fiction. Jaws is too old Jenosy, so I agree with you by not watchin' it.

"I'm not lonely. Cuz I'm always alone".

It makes me twitch when they make sequels to movies that don't need them and for the movies that would be improved or explained by a sequel they don't do anything with. In my experience no one really knows how to do a sequel except for Japan of course (never want to anger the powers that be or the lesser gods) but then they are free to think up anything they want to every kind of degree. I think the best sequel would have to be Candyman II that was really good and better than the first and third one...which is very rare. The sequel to the Ring didn't explain crap and it wasn't even as good.

When I watched the Ring I went to bed after and when I woke up my room was the exact same color as the TV was when the little girl crawled out of it. It was creepy as hell!

Signature Image

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Actually I kind of agree with Jaws being number 1. After watching Jaws I am ALWAYS on the look out for sharks whenever I'm in a fairly large body of water, even in lakes :P. Seriously, Jaws basically ruined sea sports for me, coz I am ultra scared of sharks. It was really scary for its time because Steven Speilberg managed to build up really tense situations just with the ominous Jaws theme tune and the possibility of a Great White shark popping out of the water. Remember this was well before convincing CG was used in films.

I'm a little confused as to why Willy Wonka and the Choco Factory is in the list (or as the author of the thread spelt it "Willy Wanka " heheheh I'm so juvenile).

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Well it's because of that scene when all of them are going down the river of chocolate and are seeing all of those scary images. When I first saw it, it struck me as odd too and of course we must remember my loves that most of these movies were shown back when people were more sensitive to what was considered scary like sharks and creepy dolls. Today it is rather hard to scare people now they just focus on grossing people out in my opinion.

And here is a fact you may or may not find interesting you are more likely to be killed by a pig than a shark.

Signature Image

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by JenosydesWhisperMatrixWell it's because of that scene when all of them are going down the river of chocolate and are seeing all of those scary images. When I first saw it, it struck me as odd too and of course we must remember my loves that most of these movies were shown back when people were more sensitive to what was considered scary like sharks and creepy dolls. Today it is rather hard to scare people now they just focus on grossing people out in my opinion.

And here is a fact you may or may not find interesting you are more likely to be killed by a pig than a shark.

What if you're a surfer? And look quite tasty in the water? :P

Plus pork tastes good, whereas shark meat doesn't really. And also I think it's more the darkness and mystery of the sea and all the possibilities of dangerous creatures that scares me. Sharks and jellyfish are my main concerns though when i surf.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Well love the truth of the matter is the only reason why a shark would attack you is if you were to look like its main pray animal as in a seal. Plus humans don't taste good and you'll just get injured rather than killed oh and worry not when a shark bites you, you actually don't feel any pain just tremendous pressure. When it comes to jelly fish though well then there really is no way to protect against them unless you want to spend bookoo dollars to buy that shark-proof wet suit.

Signature Image

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

i thought the excorsist is the scariest movie ever! why jaws?

Signature

Quote by julian1i thought the excorsist is the scariest movie ever! why jaws?

I would like to say it is because they're tards but it was becuase it made everyone afraid to go into the water no matter what part of the country they lived in. When I first saw Jaws I considered being afraid of going into the water but then it hit me that the fake-ola shark that they used was the Great White and I live in boring old Colorado so I'm no where near the ocean so I just decided that it was a dumb movie and went onto watch better and scarier crap. I guess that just shows how sensitive people were back then compared to the people of today. It takes a lot to scare me in fact I don't fear anything least of all fake-olarama sharks. I personally expected more from Steven Spielberg but I guess you can't be great and genius all the time.

Signature Image

millyfinalfantasy2

millyfinalfantasy2

the bringer of despair returns

well, I've gotta say definately the blair witch project, I watched the premier when it ame out in england and shit was that scary, especially the end when the camera drops and he's in the corner.....it still makes my hair stand up now!
I actually just watched the remake of "the hills have eyes" and having not seen the origional, I thought it was great, I did feel a bit uncomfortable watching the trailer fight scene knowing what was happening to the girl from lost, but what a film, near the end it kinda reminded me of cabin fever and evil dead.... the guy just goes psycho!

but definately b.w.p. for scariest film.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I was actually surprised that Dr. Giggles wasn't on there. Back when I saw it, it was like the only movie I couldn't sit through because it was so disturbing to me now I have head some people describe it as funny but even now I don't think I could watch it at all. Yeah I know I'm a walking contradiction. I was even younger when I was the Silence of the Lambs oh and FYI I didn't actually get the reference to the lambs until recently and got board really quickly with it back when I saw it for the first time. Now I love Horror--personally think that is has gone down hill lately. People wanting to gorse out more than scare but that could just be me. And I think my love of horror spans from the fact that I don't nightmare...never have...never will...anyone else like this?

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.