Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anyone use the ISP "Be"? - Minitokyo

Anyone use the ISP "Be"?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

The internet sercive provider "Be" in the UK has recently started doing 24 Mega bit connections which is the fastest home use connection in the UK. At the moment my ISP is Bulldog and we have an 8 Mega bit connection (although it's more like 6 Mbps, which Bulldog claims is a problem with the LAN lines hence not their problem). I am considering switching to Be but I'd like to know how reliable it is first.

Is anyone using Be and how reliable do you find them to be?

How long did it take to connect you?
Have you had any connection problems?
Do you actually get the connection speed you paid for?
Is their customer service centre effective in solving problems?

Any info about Be and their new 24mbps connection would be greatly appreciated.

this is a news article about Be's launch of the 24mbps connection in London http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEFAlkkAVVMYGZjmOW

And this is the Be website https://www.bethere.co.uk/

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

I have a 24Mbps connection, and I warn you that 24Mbps is a theoretical max, while you can get those speeds, the connections tend to be fairly unstable, and remain unstable until about 8Mbps, which still only yields about 6.4Mbps anyway.

On the link you posted it said "Up to 24 meg ultra-fast broadband", so basically you'll rarely be getting the advertised speed.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

i'm not so worried about the speed as long as it is faster than my current 8Mbps (which like you said tends to run at about 6Mbps). The monthly rate appears to be less for Be although I'd have to reconnect to BT for my phone line.

My main concern is really the ISP "Be". My current ISP keeps overcharging me every month and every single month I have to call them and get it corrected. Their customer service is pretty poor. So if I'm gonna switch ISP i'd like to at least switch to a more efficient company.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.