Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT Idol - Results - Minitokyo

MT Idol - Results

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

This is the Official MT Idol Results (sorry it's late guys ^^")

There has been much problem over the voting system due to the bias in the poll. It seemed that many people took the actual poll as the link to song file and clicked singer #1 by mistake. I have done my best to stop this, but it seems that it didn't help as much as I had hoped. Nevertheless, I will reveal all contestants as promised here.

I truly thank all participants, whether they have done well or not, for being a part of MT Idol. Thank you so much!

Just before I reveal the results, I'd like to add in that I did not hold this event for competition. It was never suggested for that purpose. It was purely for fun and something new on MT for everyone to enjoy. It isn't a competition of vocal talents - just remember that some people did not have proper recording systems.

I do hope that everyone who has taken notice of MT Idol has enjoyed this.

If anyone would like to have a look at the original thread for the song files, click here

So, the results - please take note of the format it is in (it's a little confusing):
Singer # = MT username ---> votes received before / after sheq edited the poll saying that the actual song files were further down the page ---> Difference of the two votes

Singer 1 = XianPu ---> 21/45 ---> 24
Singer 2 = Kamikazekazuo --> 0/5 ---> 5
Singer 3 = Terra-chan ---> 0/0 ---> 0
Singer 4 = Kuroimisa ---> 0/1 ---> 1
Singer 5 = Teryon ---> 0/1 ---> 1
Singer 6 = AngelKate ---> 2/2 ---> 0
Singer 7 = Shinta ---> 2/2 ---> 0
Singer 8 = Xiaku ---> 1/1 ---> 0
Singer 9 = Cagari ---> 0/1 ---> 1
Singer 10 = Sukie --> 1/8 ---> 7
Singer 11 = Rennai ---> 1/2 ---> 1
Singer 12 = Buttoshi ---> 11/22 ---> 11
Singer 13 = Meg ---> 7/7 ---> 0
Singer 14 = chopstickz ---> 0/0 ---> 0
Singer 15 = W00Tazn --> 1/7 ---> 6
singer 16 = Kei0Kusanagi ---> 0/0 ---> 0
Singer 17 = Amaranth ---> 1/1 ---> 0
Singer 18 = TheRavenisunskill ---> 2/3 ---> 1
Singer 19 = col0rs ---> 0/0 ---> 0
Singer 20 = nekosasu ---> 0/0 ---> 0
Singer 21 = Angelette ---> 4/7 ---> 3

From the above results, the antique-POP staff have decided on the following results. Just a little note that funniest and cutest idea has been trashed due to poll options. So the important bit - the results *drum rolls*

MT Idol Winner - Singer 12 - Buttoshi
MT Idol Runner-Up - Singer 10 - Sukie

3rd Equals (it was very close) - Singer 13 - Meg, Singer 15 - W00Tazn and Singer 21 - Angelette

Congratulations to all of you!

Now, I know XianPu received the most votes, but due to the whole bias problem, after much discussion, the antique-POP staff have decided to make Buttoshi the winner.

If you think XianPu (singer 1) was by far a better singer than Buttoshi (singer 12), and should be made the MT Idol, please send me a discrete PM with your reasons why - you must have heard the songs before doing this! From the response I get I will decide whether the situation should be changed around.

As for the Prizes, they are sadly not ready yet but will be when everything has been confirmed and prepared (it might take longer than expected).
This is so far what the prizes will be but there may be changes according to availabilities.

1st Place (MT-Idol): mod song + wsftp with lots of music
2nd Place (MT-Idol Runner Up): elite song + userpage layout

Other Participants: There is nothing special for the participants (sorry, just can't think up decent stuff), but if they wish, some small prize(s) can be arranged. This may be banner/signature/avatar sets or whatever else we can think of.

Note: Mod song and elite song will be strictly available only to the two winners, and will not be shared amongst the members. I will let you all know which mod/elite the winners chose so that you know how lucky they are at least.

I will inform the winner(s) of prizes once things have been sorted out.

To all contestants: A PM has been sent to all of you not long ago. Please let me know that you have received it. I cannot trust the usage of 20 commas in my Recipients input bar.

That is it for now I believe. I hope I haven't forgotten anything. I am truly sorry for the delay. On a happier note, thanks to all participants. Your hard effort is very much appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Due to Buttoshi's lack of activity in the last 30 weeks, I have changed the results slightly.

MT Idol Winner - Singer 10 - Sukie
MT Idol Runner-Up Equals - Singer 13 - Meg, Singer 15 - W00Tazn and Singer 21 - Angelette

Also, since I have not received any PMs regading XianPu's votes, the results are final.

took yer long enough :P

but is it me or is buttoshi an inactive member?

anyways congrats to all and sorry to those disturbed by my less then average performance :3

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

^_^ thank you eunasahng (one day i'll be able to write it without checking the spelling :p) for putting the results online. You told me you had a lot of work so thank you for putting them. I was waiting to see who's who ;)

It's sad the the winner seems to be inactive ; i really wanted to congratulate her ^_^' I'm really satisfied with the antique pop staff decision. You are wise guys and girls ^_^

It's fun to discover who's who ^_^ It seems good wallers are also good singers. They have lots of hidden talent.

P.S there is a little typo :

Quote: 3rd Equals (it was very close) - Singer 10 - Meg, Singer 15 - W00Tazn and Singer 21 - Angelette

Actually Meg is singer 13.

Thanks eunasahng ; the antique pop staff and all the contestants. It was really a fun event to watch. I enjoyed it a lot ^_^ I hope more events like this will come in the future.

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

w00tazn

w00tazn

hottie.

taking the difference does nothing at all to the results. it actually makes it more biased than correct.

look at meg, she got 7 votes PRE sheq and 0 votes POST sheq. she should rank higher than someone who had 0 PRE and 1 POST.

my statement is valid because who would randomly click on meg's # to listen to her mp3 first? that makes no sense. this system doesnt take into effect the people who actually know what they are doing. =/

EDIT

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW:
(16:58:42) w00tazn: why
(16:58:50) w00tazn: did they take the difference
(16:58:52) w00tazn: and then NOT
(16:58:54) w00tazn: use them
(16:58:56) w00tazn: lol

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

It's true that it's a bit unfair for meg ... she is a really good singer too.

And i understand your statement too ... it seems there were too many people voting without knowing what they were doing. It's sad =/
But if you look at the original votes and that you "forget" contestant 1's votes, then the winners are the same as the ones announced here. ^_^'

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

It was difficult to process. I had to take account of everything I could think of and so I started off by ignoring #1. Then I looked at the results. I took the differences to see if it show me if people still voted for #1 after adding in extra info in the poll. Unfortunately, people don't bother to read, so we ended up with a bunch of biased result. Also, I hoped that more people would vote, but we don't have as many interested people out of 200k people on MT. T_T That was a little disappointing seeing that we have so many people here. Perhaps I should have done more promotion xD

Oh, about Meg, she needed one more vote and she would have been 2nd. In fact Woot and Angelette only needed one more too. I told you it was a close call.

And as for Buttoshi... I didn't know she was inactive. T_T
I might have to shift it all around then and make sukie the winner. I'll see how it goes for another few days.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I never even knew about the poll o.o And I can understand that confusion on the voting... I thought I was clicking to hear the song and it had me vote ^_^;;;; Not everyone reads, huh?

I'm still sad that I didn't get any votes... Should I even try for Canadian Idol now?

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

ooo results xD
Congrats to...o.o''
the top people all sounded reall nice =3
it is kinda sad that she's inactive tho o.o''...
lol...polls aren't perfect..
don't really get how difference works...i would think that'd only be for the first one...but i guess people can choose rdmly at the beginning too xD
hehe..i'm happy i have..one..maybe rdm vote xD

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i am still wondering...how did a banned member (Xian Pu) get to participate..? LOL
anyhow, congrats to the winnaersz!
whatever it was, it was fun while it lasted.
You guys should host another one, this time we will do some heavy advertising in group pages as well. This way, you get more people to join in.

Oh by the way, Terra-chan, I did consider pressing you to vote....but I can only vote once lol....and I would have decided to vote for a second place.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

XianPu got to participate because all this happened late last year. ^^"
I've just been busy getting everything sorted out.

I'm glad to hear that you guys enjoyed it. Next time, although I doubt there will be one, we'll do big promotions. ^^

Just to those who are confused about the differences, it was suppose to prove to me that the poll system was biased but it didn't work. You should look at the results without the #1. Then it would make more sense.

lacusxxclyne

lacusxxclyne

~JUst SmilE & Ill BE FinE~

shouldn't this thread be deleted?

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Well, closed technically. ^^;
Now that you mentioned it, I will. It's been ages anyway. Closed.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.