Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any advice on making this plain-like wallpaper beter? - Minitokyo

Any advice on making this plain-like wallpaper beter?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

hey it's me again <_<''
yeah i know you guys are tired of me, but anyways.

This time i choson Maya from Komugi or what it's called <_< or from what series it might be with that name

i vectored maya, and then i tried making somthing different then always abstract <_<
this time i will use other stuff >_> but thing is i dont know how to make it look better, it looks just to plain.

i always see other works with only colour, used from vector or somthing, and they are always good, but i'm no good >.<

i changed the perspectiv of that star like thing i made myself, it was meant to be a sun like thing, but turned out like that, i used some swirly brushes, but now i'm stuck, any advice/ideas on making it look better?

Note: there are soem stuff i dont understand when you tell me to do somthing, so if explaining abit more detailed whould be very greatfull

like i dont know what fonts is o.o yeah i mean it, so try explaining abit more/better

but here it is
Vesion 1
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5481/mayawallpapercopy5zs.th.jpg

EDITED
i worked abit more on it, still didn't do any shading, but will

here is Version 2

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4444/mayawallpaper5oa.th.jpg

what do you think of it?

maybe the thing above her head should be abit more round? then just flat round?
i could maybe add some sirly at the top right coner again?

It is time for you to drown

Ooo...neat design idea...
I would suggest working on making the sun look more realistic and less flat...maybe adding some craters or something (the swirly brushes are in the right direction but a little fake looking)...maybe add more orange areas?...also adding appropriate shading to the entire wall would make it look less flat

Tias

Tias

Quote by cyd84Ooo...neat design idea...
I would suggest working on making the sun look more realistic and less flat...maybe adding some craters or something (the swirly brushes are in the right direction but a little fake looking)...maybe add more orange areas?...also adding appropriate shading to the entire wall would make it look less flat

hmmm, i did try to make it look more realistic, but got no idea how to, maybe some fire like thig, but then it will be 3D T_T

*the swirly brushes are in the right direction but a little fake looking)...

you mean those in the top right corner?
what should i do about it? take them away or change where they are?

*maybe add more orange areas?...also adding appropriate shading to the entire wall would make it look less flat

some more orange, well i could add some orange swirly

and whats shading? and how is it ''done'' or you know a tutorial on it?

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

it looks to empty, you should add something to the background and maybe make something like a frame with the brushes you used in the top-right corrner, and the yellow color doesn't fit in that well, actually the types of colors you used in the bg don't fit at all.

Tias

Tias

hmmm what colours are sugested then?

i could add her some wings? pixie/fairy like wings on the back <_<

Quote by Tias
hmmm, i did try to make it look more realistic, but got no idea how to, maybe some fire like thig, but then it will be 3D T_T

*the swirly brushes are in the right direction but a little fake looking)...
you mean those in the top right corner?
what should i do about it? take them away or change where they are?

*maybe add more orange areas?...also adding appropriate shading to the entire wall would make it look less flat
some more orange, well i could add some orange swirly
and whats shading? and how is it ''done'' or you know a tutorial on it?

The black swirls on the wall in general don't really go with the color look of the background...especially since they look very flat.

You can always just do an internet search for photoshop tutorials...and you should be able to find sites such as this that may be helpful
http://www.pslover.com/search/planet/1
http://www.good-tutorials.com/search/query/shading

Also I think the art forum has links to major photoshop tutorial sites which you can check out

Tias

Tias

so shading is giving it a shadow?
i'm not good in that wit hshadow and it's right perspactiv or how it's spelled, but i Updated to version to, what do you guys think of it?

i still know it lacks somthing, i would like to try using a brush, with butterflies or leaves or somthing and making it look like it's coming from behind and then it's in front in a circel like path

Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister

already dead

Good work- the pose of the figure is very static the main composition is based on horizontal and vertical lines, the weight between the character and the BG is a bit unproportional. It is always better to use different fonts and/or colors for dividing Title from subtitle, the y at Maya is hard to read, a font like Zapfino One may can look better on this. The color of the dress is very close to the color of the BG. It does not missmatch at all, but it makes the silhoutte of the figure disappear. The best contasts you will get with a complementary color to the dress color (easy to find by inverting the color of the Image) In this case it would be sort of a green.
Tilt the image and zoom in the figure, maybe this will become the figure look more dynamic. I like this sun and the haze on the floor, but to make it more 3D you need a horizont and something that will make the BG look more spectacular.
You can add a glow to the maya title, a horizont line can be below the brastline of the figure- between breastline and the first buttons of the skirt). Keep the original look and do not play around with blurry shadows (the only blurry thing shall be the light). Most Wallpapers here do have much more information, thats more or less a matter of taste- You can play arround with textures ore a BG picture and place it into the sky of your image, but you will need a gradient fade, to keep the contrast to the plain areas + a gradient fade will simulate sort of air perspective, you will avoid of making it too flat looking...
And place the watermark elsewhere, maybe flip it CCW and reduce its opacity.

"have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.