Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My deleted wallie..."Shizukana Yoruni" - Minitokyo

My deleted wallie..."Shizukana Yoruni"

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

This is my latest wallie submission here at MT...
But too bad, it was quarantined again.
I've spent so much time and exerted a lot of efforts in making it, still it got quarantined...*sighs* But I'm not complaining or anything like that. Well, I probably should improve my extracting and walling skills, and I'm really not that good in having ideas for the wallies.
Oh, well....
Please comment on it...
Hope you'll like it!
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/219/lacusclynemiraclesofhope9im.th.jpg

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

S13

i'm not sure if this could be the reason...but i've noticed a trend of deleted walls for "ghosting" (taking the same image or another one and blowing it up to fill space in the background).

also, i noticed that there's a texture over the character image (also on the background character) while the rest of the background is "smooth" (without any texture).

you may want to try and work on your background a bit without using the blown up character image ^_^

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

1. Ghosting is disouraged since it hints little effort or used just to fill up empty space.

2. The character is poorly rendered. The jagged outlines of the character is painfully obvious.

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

I think that the scan is not of a good quality :)
You should vector the image i think !
And also you souldn't use ghosting cause, as awol said, it is discouraged ^^

Signature Image

the texture on the scan seems to be from the kind of paper it was scanned in from or you have added it you self, the character isnt that well cut out and it shows no interaction with the background, the ghosting image is way too much and overall is a poor attempt to fill that blank space, the stars seem very random and you have too many bright ones, you should variate them alittle so only a few are so brigh as to help give alittle depth to the image, adding someinteraction with the character to the background would be a great way to really help your efforts not go unnoticed,

heres an idea, why not take out the ghost image mess about with the starts alittle and to get the character to feel apart of the image and awindow behind her with a shadow where she is leaning onto it, so just make a window frame form a space ship kind of style ( not you normal house window lol) and a bit of shine to it show her leaning against it and i think that, that would really help it out.

hope that helps alittle

Signature Image

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Apart from what's said, I'll target composition-

Your ghosted image is facing left and your scan is facing right- the composition is messy. If they were facing the same way or each other, it'd probably be better than facing in outward directions.

The extraction of Lacus isn't too clean. There are still bits attached to her hair- it's okay, but still, it could be a bit better. It looks like her hair is a bit chopped off on the left.
I'm not sure if that texture over the main scan was already there or not, but most of the time you should never texture a scan unless you are making a collage like image (ie. different textures for different specific parts)- if you texture an image, people will probably assume you didn't clean the image.
Another thing is that the outline of the scan looks very faint and unsharp- so you'll have to clean it.
(Duplicate the scan layer, and on the dupe, Filter> Noise > Median 5px and set mode to Soft Light - read below on blending modes if you're not sure where it is) and if it's not any better, then you'll either have to find a larger high quality image, or, vector it.

The brushwork is a bit overdone in the sense that all the brushes look similar, and they haven't had anything done to them- you could test out some downloaded brushes (just google Miss M and you'll find some great tutorials)- and play around with blending modes (if you're using photoshop, it's on the layer menu at the top to the left of your opacity. Usually it says normal, but play with the other settings when the menu drops down)

The whole wallpaper is very nice and has a good concept- but I think it is just lacking that little bit. This is one of the better wallpapers I've seen in the Sandbox, and it definitely has potential. Just a few issues on composition, quality and background can be fixed, and hopefully it should get the thumbs up and stay in the gallery :) Kudos for posting ^^

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Abzuseilue

Abzuseilue

The Way Of Arts~Springs forever

hello, my friend, your wall is nice and good combination of two lacus, but the main lacus in front not that soft, and easly see the texture[body on lacus-pointed,pointed], Coz this is scan effect, or you wan make it more nice and make avector art 1st , hope this can help you, my friend^_~

Good and bad path just choosing by yourself,the future world will change with the path you choosen
Signature
Creator and page design Adminstrator on
GundamModelClub

i belive that it's nice, i haven't done a wall yet but i think this wall is pretty

The concept of this wall is very interesting and I like it but I have to agree that the scan quality is poor and the background doesn't quite fit in with the image of Lacus. I suggest maybe instead of a ghost to fill the space maybe some text and an image of say the Freedom/Strike Freedom for the other space or Kira in that space with a slight fade and at least dim down the stars in the backgground so the picture is more viewable. Also see if you can't find a better quality image of that scan of Lacus.

Eitehr way I do like it though.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.