Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Handhelds help - Minitokyo

Handhelds help

page 1 of 1 11 total items

atog

atog

Anime atog freak

guy I am having a delema. the choice between a Nintendo DS and a PSP, which is better for a RPG gamer. The ds so far has the most titles for rpg's and in addition it has metroid hunter. on the other hand the psp is still new and it has a smaller library of games but the list of games to come is realy good.

the ds is a good handheld, it is cheaper and has a relatively good game library but the PSP has a much higher price but it can do more than the NDS...

PLS help me! ^_^'

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

personally i prefer the DS bec. they have more rpg titles and cheaper too....

Signature

Phren

Phren

Kodoku no Koe

well, that's tricky. In the end it depends on the games you want to play. If you wait until there's a game you actually really want to play, handheld cost will only go down. As for what's out right now. that depends on where you live. The DS has some 3rd party support and all Nintendo's proven ability to make great ,innovative games, but the 2 screen setup is looking to end up being a sad gimmic, so I'm not sure how much more attractive the PSP will become.

As for the Current PSP, that's another matter. There really aren't any *GOOD* games out domesticly (assuming you are U.S. bound?) But Jap already has PSX-> PSP ports of Valkyrie profile and Europe has English ports of Breath of Fire 3 and Tales of Eternia if you can afford to import : \
I like the multimedia abilities of the PSP myself, which is what I chose (plus emulators, but that's hush-hush XD )

.../X\(. .)/X\ *scuttle*

Square Enix is going to release a butt load of good titles in the near future. If I were you I would wait a while before buying anything. If you decide that the PSP's new titles are must-haves then you can get a PSP. If you decide you'd still rather get a DS then the DS: Lite will already be released state side meaning you will end up with a better product by waiting no matter which hand-held you end up getting.

i'd say the psp would be a better choice with breath of fire coming out on it but its quite an investment for either system so i'd wait until there were more rpg games (and, in terms of the psp, more games in general) to come out before buying either one. that is, unless you want to start watching umd movies on airplanes or something.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

I wish I would see some ports of Final Fantasy games (7 and up) or Xenosaga or something along those lines for the psp. I'd opt for the PSP, but thats cause I already own one. I think the DS looks like a gimic to me personally, I still prefer the GBA over it. I wish they would have stuck with that line and kept on improving it.

i own a psp and my sis has a ds ,she love my psp because of all it capable .Both handheld has a brightly lit future a head of them. I enjoy both also.i heard there alot good rpg for the psp ,right now i'm playing kingdom of paradise Or Tenchi No mon .i'm about to end it and the story is pretty good i love the anime cutscene the graphic are like ps2 and you can created your own sword style by combining other from different clan of different element.if you like Action rpg like kingdom Heart get it

Looking at whats currently out and some soon to be released titles, I'd say a DS.
I'd recomment Mario&Luigi, plus when it comes out get Children of Mana.

There are quite a few other titles to choose from and the whole setup is far cheaper than a PSP so you can afford to get a few extra games for the same price.

I'd say DS, most games for the PSP are easily obtainable in a similar game or the same game on the PS2. The PSP is also far more expensive and Sony has poor support should something go wrong with it. The PSP is really more of a gimmick than the DS, the second screen see's alot of use on the DS but the PSP's UMD format is dying a slow death and, let's face it, there's a good reason for that. The PSP can't do anything something else, and something cheaper, doesn't do much better aside from play the games it does and most of those can be played on other systems.

Kelena

Kelena

Pulchritudinous Solitudinarian

I lean towards the DS, but that may be because that's the handheld I own. ^_^' There are several RPGs coming out that look really great for the DS as well. There is Lostmagic, Children of Mana, The Lengend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Harvest Moon DS, Final Fantasy III and Xenosaga I and II. Not to mention that the system and the games are far more cheaper then the PSP. But I'd wait for the new DS Lite.

Plus, like Keonyn already stated, most of the games on the PSP can be played on the PS2.

I've noticed that most of the really good RPGs for the PSP are only released in Japan...

I would pick DS (not just because I own it! ) It is much cheaper and it also has its fair share of RPGS, as kelena said I would wait for the DS Lite. Children of Mana and The legend of Zelda: The phantom hour glass are going to be GREAT! ^_^ The DS ismuch more inventive than the DS and there are classics on that which will never reach the PSP. ^_^

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.