Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you use the elite gallery viewing option? - Minitokyo

Do you use the elite gallery viewing option?

Are you using the elite gallery viewing option right now?

Yes
9 votes
No
48 votes
No, but I might use it in the future...
13 votes
...elite gallery? *oblivious*
10 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

I might but now no. If I see a waller with potental, I'll help him/her out. For me to notice them, I got to have the regular gallery up.

That option is useful to find a good wall to replace your current one though.

Learning little by little.
Signature

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

I never do... but I also need to see all new submissions to get rid of the bad ones OX

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

The irony, after all that grand exposure of the initial beginnings of the elite gallery option, all that pre-party hype...and this happens that more than XXX numbers of people don't really use it.
Oh well, it is kinda redundant, since I hardly been off a few days in a row. Nonetheless, it is a good feature that is biased, (at least towards the doujinshi end)
I still work on using it sometimes, just for the heck of seeing the great eyecandy first, and then looking for the rest.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

zakaro

zakaro

I'm your princess

i don't use and i will never use the elite gallery, because i think i will miss some submission tha t i could like even if they're not done by those who use it!

@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*
This is my latest wall...
Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by DevildudeThe irony, after all that grand exposure of the initial beginnings of the elite gallery option, all that pre-party hype...and this happens that more than XXX numbers of people don't really use it.

Yeah... granted the number of people who's voted in the poll is just a tiny fraction of the MT community, but it does seem kind of unfortunate that people are working hard for a feature that doesn't seem to be actually used much.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by DevildudeThe irony, after all that grand exposure of the initial beginnings of the elite gallery option, all that pre-party hype...and this happens that more than XXX numbers of people don't really use it.

A little over harsh, considering most people who come to MiniTokyo don't go go to any of the forum, but prefer to look at the galleries instead. So the poll that has a tiny fraction of the populace voting on it is hardly going to be an accurate statistic for you to base that harsh little dig at.

As for the poll itself, the results may not be encouraging, but you must remember that you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Not long ago there was a thread about AP versus MT, and the biggest criticism levelled at MT was the amount of 'low quality wallpapers'; that people had to trawl through masses of walls just to get to the high quality stuff. Now everyone has a chance to literally not see all of those run-of-the-mill wallpapers, but there's cries of unfair treatment for the 'lesser' walls.

As far as I'm concerned it's all about choice. People now have the ability to change the way they browse MT, and to me that's the best thing about it. Nothing is being enforced on people, it's jsut there for them to se if they want to.

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I don't use the elite gallery 'cause it happens that the images I'm interested in are not in the elite gallery.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

I'll probably have stones thrown at me, but I do indeed use the elite gallery, except for when browsing through people's galleries, or when viewing the vectors. I will, however, turn it off once in a while to see the newer submissions, but the eilte is generally turned on.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

I enjoy using the elite gallery. It is just a tad bit too troublesome to switch back and forth in the galleries though.

I know that lots of nice works are not in the elite gallery. But sometimes I just feel like looking at eye candy and the elite gallery certiantly has top notch works.

I think the main reason that the elite gallery is getting such a negative response is because lots of wallers are unhappy that their works did not make it into the elite gallery.

I was personally bumped when I realised that only some of my vectors were in the elite gallery. But life goes on... and I must say that the elite gallery sets some sort of a standard for artist to work towards too.

It really is unfortunate that the mods spend so much effort in going through the galleries to filter the works and many people don't make use of the added function.

The new feature certianly has its flaws, as with all new and untried schemes. However, I am sure that the mods will continue to work towards gathering feedback and improving on the system of the elite gallery.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by Chloe-chanI'll probably have stones thrown at me, but I do indeed use the elite gallery, except for when browsing through people's galleries, or when viewing the vectors. I will, however, turn it off once in a while to see the newer submissions, but the eilte is generally turned on.

Haha... not at all, you're being honest :D And there's nothing wrong with using it =_= For what it's worth I didn't start this thread as an attack on the elite gallery. I admit that I'm clearly biased against it, but I really just wanted to see how "effective" this new MT feature is. I think that people in general tend to start new things and not gauge the effectiveness of said things afterwards, and I think you can really only improve if you evaluate and debate the success/failures of said ventures.

Now it's obvious that the number of people voted in the poll is just a tiny fraction of the community, but I'm going to speculate that the people who did vote are probably the more active members who actually contribute to the community. I guess you can take that for whatever that's worth.

Quote by saikusaNot long ago there was a thread about AP versus MT, and the biggest criticism levelled at MT was the amount of 'low quality wallpapers'; that people had to trawl through masses of walls just to get to the high quality stuff. Now everyone has a chance to literally not see all of those run-of-the-mill wallpapers, but there's cries of unfair treatment for the 'lesser' walls.

I think this really hits home a good point. For me I've often thought that MT is trying a bit too hard to compete or measure up with AP. The two communities will always have their differences, and I feel like MT admins/mods sometimes forget that MT has its good points that AP doesn't have. More active forums, a comparatively more open gallery... Before the return of the levels, credits, and the elite gallery I feel like MT was going to start a really nice, Relatively more equal system... Yes there will always be downsides and people will always complain. I just wish MT had stuck to its guns about its principles, of what MT3 was going to be when it was just implemented.

Quote by pegasus21I think the main reason that the elite gallery is getting such a negative response is because lots of wallers are unhappy that their works did not make it into the elite gallery.

This is another good point. I mean MT is a walling community after all. Where would it be without its wallers and (doujinshi) artists? >_>

To wrap up this overly long post... I think one suggestion that's come out of this thread so far is that since some people like switching between the two galleries, it might be nice to make the switching option more accessible, like if you can just click on the service announcement link and be able to switch the elite gallery on and off. Might encourage more people to use it more, if that's what the admins want.

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

I don't

I started to use it the first day, but I couldn't see some wallpapers I wanted to view, so NOW I don't use it..

maybe I'll use it another day, but now I voted NO

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I don't use the elite gallery option, mainly because I like seeing concepts rather than quality. It might sound really strange, but there are some wallpapers that may not be executed perrrfecktly, but they might have an interesting idea, and I like to absorb these things.

Aside from that though, I'm sure more people will use it when the elite gallery has a more complete collection. There's a lot still in the regular gallery... and they haven't been moved yet.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

no way, i dont use it and never use it, there's lots art deserve to be in elite, and a lot, as i view, arent deserve that, but still beautiful and high quality....and sure, to make sure i wont miss any submission ^__^, i dont like the elite view at all, though the idea of elite gallery is really good so we can see if that's really good or not but just that, i wont use the elite system ^__^

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

hah
I find it deplorable that users choose not to use the elite option only because their work is not featured. How egocentric.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by candy-chanhah
I find it deplorable that users choose not to use the elite option only because their work is not featured. How egocentric.

Lol, of course XD I mean, I work hard on my walls, I'd like to see them all the time if I feel so inclined... and I'd want other ppl to be able to see them all too. Egocentric or not it's kinda unavoidable... I'm sure most people don't like the idea of other people only seeing certain walls picked by a small number of ppl in their galleries.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Oh but that wasn't my point. I like it when people view my walls too, afterall this is why I submit them XD

But when it's a question of community organisation and knowing your own limits/levels, I think a sane member should be able to accept this easily.

Quote: I'm sure most people don't like the idea of other people only seeing certain walls picked by a small number of ppl in their galleries

damn I can't disagree here

parami

parami

The lord of Mystery place

I don't.
Because I wanna see all works of MTs. And I recognized that some really interesting works are not on elite gall.

Sabbathiel

Sabbathiel

+++Cali+++

[h]Ello
I don't use it but sometimes I use it to see elite work only, but I switch the view after couple of minutes

Signature

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

nah, never used it since the first launch. <_<

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

sometimes I use it,but not often.
elite,a good place...

ShiXon

ShiXon

PFFFTT.

i used it like once or twice, but i never use it and just leave it that way.
i'll probably just use the elite option to browse some galleries and switch to normal mode : )

HAY THARR.

enchantressinthedark

enchantressinthedark

Eternal empire.

I don't really use the elite gallery because I don't even know how the mods evaluate the works. Some wallpapers are the so-so type yet they're in the elite gallery, while some really nice and beautiful ones get left out. >_<

Nice feature, but it ain't my cup of tea.

Intertwined ways of life.
Signature Image
Admin/Mod of G00D| F.W.| AsuCaga| GS-A| C.G.K| F.M.D| J.T-MT| B.W.T.B| S.R| Tsubasa| Host-Club

I don't. Probably cause the recent pic have to been processed and more important I probably have different likings... (I can set a high standart for wall of unknown series and take most of the walls even if they aren't that good of a serie I like).

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

enchantressinthedark

enchantressinthedark

Eternal empire.

And also not to forget, sometimes those elite walls may get deleted from the elite gallery. What is going on? >_<

Intertwined ways of life.
Signature Image
Admin/Mod of G00D| F.W.| AsuCaga| GS-A| C.G.K| F.M.D| J.T-MT| B.W.T.B| S.R| Tsubasa| Host-Club

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.