Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 sega's new console - Minitokyo

sega's new console

do you like a sega's new console?

yes
1 votes
no
0 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

i found this in: http://www.ferrago.com/story/3480

i'm really excited

Several rumours of SEGA re-entering the hardware market have been flying around the less well lit parts of the internet recently, and as such we've felt no need to report them. Until now.
It all started with speculation surrounding Sammy's arcade platform 'Atomiswave'. Some thought that Sammy could port this new system to a home console and brand it with their child company's well known SEGA logo.

SEGA threw some nitroglycerin into the mix last week with a press release announcing their E3 offerings - "Learn about SEGA's 2004 line-up and hear BIG news you'd NEVER guess". Some PR person getting overexcited (as they often do - it's their job), probably. The tasty part of this rumour is still to come, however.

Slick electronics weblog Gizmodo, was sent a tip from a reader regarding an encounter with a games industry veteran -

It may be pure coincidence but I thought I'd let you know something I heard the other night. I was at dinner with a woman who has worked as a headhunter in the video game industry for 7 years; "Since before there were women in the industry", she says. It was the first time I'd been around a woman with more video game history/knowledge than myself and it was deeply emasculating. More than a little out of my element not being the alpha male in an electronics discussion, I stooped to the tried and true favorite of drowning her in booze to pump up my self esteem. She mentioned after several glasses of wine that she was going to E3. Naturally, acting like the well educated, adult male that I am, I begged and pleaded with her to let me tag along as her assistant making promises to rub her feet at night and let her call me 'Scoop'. She told me in no uncertain terms that there was no way she would take me.
I had been a little overserved myself so instead of throwing wine in her face like I do with most women who turn down my extravagant requests I entered into an argument about the coming Playstation 3 and Xbox 2 announcements. At this point she mentioned to me how new console announcements are pass‚ since there were four big console makers and they were always announcing something new. Sensing a small victory I pounced, "there are only 3 console makers!" Like a mother scolding her son she replied, "no, there's Sony, Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft." "Sega?", I questioned, "but they're out of the console business?" She stopped what she was saying and looked at me, then mumbled something about how I should forget what she said. Relishing my perceived victory over her supposed video game industry knowledge I let the Sega remark slip thinking it was brought on by the liquor. After seeing your post about a possible Sega announcement I figured I'd drop you a line. I agree with your opinion that a Sega announcement is unlikely, but seeing your post and hearing this woman's drunken remarks is a little interesting.

Make of it what you will. The official line from SEGA is predictable:

"SEGA cannot comment on rumors relating to its exclusive press event on day one of E3," a PR spokesperson read from a script. "SEGA remains excited about its powerful lineup of yet-to-be announced titles." More on this soon.

animazine.blogspot.com
Signature

LPO

LPO

Compressed Anomaly

As much as it would rock to have Sega back in business, the article is nearly two years old, and I haven't heard anything of the sort until now. I'm sure *something* would have leaked out earlier if they were planning on making a new console...Oh well. We can always dream

Hinata - Because quiet girls are hot.
Check out my fanfiction here!

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

You shouldn't be posting copied news articles to the forum, possibly just the link...and what was the purpose of posting the link, then just copying what it said and posting it here?

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

Hm, I thought Sega was bought by Nintendo since they weren't doing so well. The article does seem to be outdated too, since it says "3rd May 2004." All I know is Sega wasn't doing so well. Dreamcast is long gone too. @_@

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Please refrain from creating threads merely by copying and pasting a news article from somewhere else. Members are expected to create threads with their original comments and thoughts.

Closed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.