Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 at what age should people be dating? - Minitokyo

at what age should people be dating?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

moonlight-shawdow

moonlight-shawdow

@riddle roses@

I see people in my school dating at such young ages from like 5th all the way up are people dating and im preety young(im 12)myself and not dating but not jealous or anything but it sickens me sometimes cause i think you should atleast be in highschool or atleast 18 and the reason i wrote this cause my friend is dating someone and sometimes i worry about her and i wish she wait till highschool.Though i get amd because they're doing it for no reasonand i just want them to date if they really like each other not because of the hell of it but my friend likes him and he likes her so i thought it okay but i still worry.
So please give me ur opinion

I am a member of colorfull wallies. free--wallers vectory sakura--cb
nugeneration timeless--rain celestial-luminesse

Well, you must define first what is dating. Because many boys and girls from 12 or a little lower gather to go out to a variety of places, and there's nothing bad about it. If you refer only to romantic dating (for the case you expose) well....it is cuestion of seeing if the persons of the couple like each other. A date is nothing dangerous as long as it involves respect for the other, care and honest feelings. That's why I think 12 is a good age for dating, because it's useful to convive and to learn to know the feelings for other people....

It's just a small part of what I think about this, but it would take too long to explain every aspect....

lime123

lime123

Super annoying 14-year-old

Hm... I guess a good age to date-date would be... um... I don't know... probably 14?

Life is like a box of chocolates...
You always know what you're going to get.
CHOCOLATES!

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

13+ becasue your a teen & you actually have some sense. :D

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

I don't see any harm in young teens/almost teens dating each other... it's probably a good thing for social development. Some of the things that dating leads to are best left until later on in life though.

Quote by TessaLover12becasue your a teen & you actually have some sense.

I haven't met many teenagers that had much sense... Perhaps it's their undeveloped frontal lobes that makes them as such.

"If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, 8 o'clock, day 1." -Time Bandits

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

i hear 13 is a good age..

-repeat-

man i think it's when someone has already matured a little..

it's not numerical.. i think..
but something more of the inside..

if it is with 15.. with 20.. with 25.. who knows..

rorenzu

rorenzu

Mio Amakura

hmm? i don't know,, i date my friends,,..
maybe the age when you're ready to marry

Together...forever...
Signature
sig and avatar by Kuya JaK

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by moonlight-shawdowI see people in my school dating at such young ages from like 5th all the way up are people dating and im preety young(im 12)myself and not dating but not jealous or anything but it sickens me sometimes cause i think you should atleast be in highschool or atleast 18 and the reason i wrote this cause my friend is dating someone and sometimes i worry about her and i wish she wait till highschool.Though i get amd because they're doing it for no reasonand i just want them to date if they really like each other not because of the hell of it but my friend likes him and he likes her so i thought it okay but i still worry.
So please give me ur opinion

I wouldn't blame you for thinking that way. Depending on the North American society [I assume you are probably in], the word of "dating" is sometimes blown way out of proportion. Others do it because they think it is the "cool" thing to do. All I have to add here is that you shouldn't really submit to any of the ridiculous peer pressures this new generation is pulling out today. Just because you don't do what everybody else does doesn't necessarily make you somebody that should automatically be loathed at, by others. I just despise anybody who really misinterprets others that way and believes they are "unfit" and "uncool," because of it. Who says they are the boss and how does that pertain people who should go against you, when you are pretty much in control of your own life [from an ethical technicality, fairly much].

Besides, I suppose you must be referring to some serious dating, but yes, you are presumably correct. Dating normally becomes real as one reaches more towards the post-secondary education era, but its not unlikely for someone even close to 11 or 12 to start play dating as well, with parental supervision, of course. With dating kept in mind, it is naturally presumed that the older the person is, the more "committed" that individual will become when looking for some sort of companionship. That is normally how the typical scale works in today's society, around the world. It is also based on how responsible an individual can be, not particularly on just age, you know. These things take time to work around with.

Quote by mikenoxI haven't met many teenagers that had much sense... Perhaps it's their undeveloped frontal lobes that makes them as such.

Well put, and I somewhat agree with you stated as well, except the underdeveloped part. I haven't really met any person around my age while I was a preteen or even as a teenager who probably was "mature" as I was, when my friends compared me to the others oh so very often and told me all about it, I'll have to admit there [it sort of makes them look bad, but I won't go deeper into the issue]. I can't stand extremely "immature" people generically, but a little bit of flexibility [through fun and humor from an individual] can be considered fine for me to cope with around here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

segawalilac

segawalilac

~Eternal Bakaness~

It's really different between each person. My friend she said he dated since grade 5...and I'm 14 and never dated.

Dating does not seems very serious or anything, it's more like just having a better friendship with a boy or girl. If it's not serious or anything, a young age (like under 13) would not cause any problems.

If it become serious and might lead to marriage, most people would think that about 16 is a suitable age.

My friend who was 14 then, told his mum that he has a girl friend. His mum went and lectured him for about an hour and told him not to get in to such relationship in a young age. She also told them not to get a GF till 16.

Which makes me think that most people think that about 16 is the age for serious dating

Quote by CelessaI somewhat agree with you stated as well, except the underdeveloped part.

Ah... but that part is just plain fact. Your brain doesn't fully develop until after your teen years. The frontal lobe of the brain, the area of the brain that controls judgment, doesn't fully develop until the early to mid-20s.

"If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, 8 o'clock, day 1." -Time Bandits

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

actually it's 21

well i think it depends on emotional maturity so probably after 15 but if you are younger then that and you are going out and like holding hand and stuff thats ok nothing serious

Quote by candy-chanactually it's 21

It can't really be measured all that exactly (different people develop at different rates). 21 is a decent estimate though... perhaps the mean. Early to mid-20s is the range in which 21 fits.

well i think age doesnt matter. as long as you know what you are doing, it's fine.
just dont lose your conscience between.

foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten

Sentimental Daydreamer...

Well... I'd just suggest as long as you're at a age in which you're responsible and mature... it can be different for everyone...

I'm 13 and a half, and I haven't gone on a date yet, and not really that interested in it yet ^^

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.