Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Improving my Heimdall Wallpaper~ - Minitokyo

Improving my Heimdall Wallpaper~

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Heimdall Wally~

I think this is the best thing I've made on photo shop so far and that it shows some real skills in working with filters and such as aposed to the cut out, copy, and paste type of works I usually do. I think I've gotten a lot better because of this wall but aparently it's not good enough since it got deleted. Does anyone have any sujestions on how I can improve it or what I can add to it? Speak slowly~ I'm really bad with photoshop. XD

pamelaho

pamelaho

*iyellowbus...

It looks more like something scanned as opposed to a creation for a wallpaper. No offence meant for the following:

I see a lot of lines (looks like scan lines to me).
The quality of the wallpaper is not particularly great.
The text looks plain ("Get Real")

This would be a great picture to vector. Go look up some tutorials on how to vector, or fake a vector.
Tips to "improve" your image: Double the layer and use Gaussion blur on it (use a strength of 8), then "overlay" the blurred image. Mess around with the tones, and the tools such as the pen tool, the oh-so-popular brush tool. Download some brushes from other website (AND GIVE THEM CREDITS), and play around with the brushes to make the wallpaper a little richer.
For the text, try using the blend options. Don't make it plain white or any plain color since it looks really boring.

Signature

Latest Wallpaper: Hidamari no Tami - Vector

The scan lines were done on purpose... Are you saying that is a bad effect? (I can show you the wall without the scanlines if that would help.)

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

In this case, scan lines don't add to the composition. The background is also too simple: the planets are 2 copies of the same image, and the stars are the same brush. There are lots of tutorials for planets and nights skies, so why not go try them?

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.