Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Strongest still in the Future? - Minitokyo

Strongest still in the Future?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

A while back I was watching future set Animes like Gundam Seed and Ghost in the Shell and it baffled me to find out that even in the future and having made contact with other worlds and other beings that our still greatest power is still nuclear...is still plutonium. Come on...did it also strike other people as odd that this was still the truth factor of the future? Or what it just me? I would think that we would expand our resources at least a little in the next fifty to over three thousand years...what are your thoughts on this?

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

I think the nuclear/hydrogen or even plutonium power based weapons will remain the strongest unless we can find or harness infrared or ultraviolet into something that can pontentialize them (splitting the atom). Still, the possibility of a solar storm can damage our resources. Scientist say it might occur in a few years.

"I'm not lonely. Cuz I'm always alone".

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

I guess nuclear power is just their for ease of understanding. It is also in used in stories as it is a not so safe way of getting energy. I see your point. I think there are better sources of energy, but nuclear power is something many people basically understand for story telling purposes.

Inversion988

Inversion988

....Revived?

actually, i wouldn't be suprised if nuclear power was still the strongest even in the future. remember when everybody said in the year 2000 everything was going 2 be advanced? like riding in space cars and going 2 different planets-or whatever? yeah well it's 2006 and everything is the same....i guess they were being realistic when they made those future-type anime. i think we won't be seeing anything other than nuclear power for a while......maybe about 1000 years from now.

Signature Image

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Come now, what other energy would you propose? I would like to see you make something up, especially as an energy source.

-repeat-

Quote by jasaiyajinCome now, what other energy would you propose? I would like to see you make something up, especially as an energy source.

PFT! No imagination at all ~_~ :\ and yeah it was kind of stupid to think that the world of the future as seen through the eyes of someone from the 60s as being really advance so of course I will agree with you on that. YEAH WHERE THE HELL ARE OUR HOVER CARS DAMMIT! Anywho, I think all of you my lovelies are just seeing through this world...can't there be others that have greater resources than just little old Earth. And Yeah okay nuclear is a lot easier to explain without having to explain it really at all but come on. But then think about that now I suppose that in the future it is more likely that people would start to focus on expanding life than ways of how to end it...huh.

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Nuclear is just the most convenient weapon. Troops ain't dying, no pilots needed to bring bombs over enemy teritory. Minimal losses on your side, maximum damage to the enemy. There are plenty weaps to wipe out the entire humanity already. And what's more - they were developed 50-60 years ago. But it's meaningless to use them. So the nuke is on top of weapons. Until we develop sattelite warfare, there is no helping it. What's needed from weap is accuracy, power and terror. Nuke is still the best in it. It's far cheaper, than supporting huge armies & expeditions.

Damn. loox like we're all doomed. :) Jaj. If there'll be no vendetta freaks in the goverment, it is gonna be ok. What I'm conserned now about is Iran... Well, we'll wait and see how it'll go.

PS:Weaps will exist - no helping human nature. Alas. :(

The more time humans have the more time they have too have a break through.

I think that nuclear substances could be the best way to create things such as electricity, bombs, or even fuels for 500 years or more, because frankily it is not that old of an idea to use nuclear substances for these purposes. I mean the first use of a radioactive material was the use of uranium in bombs about 61 years ago. Many people live longer than that! Then came the use of Nuclear material in power plants to power are homes. The only thing I think will change in the next few hundred years will be how much power a nuclear reactor could possibly generate and the destructiveness of nuclear bombs.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.