Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 "Us Angels" Wallpaper. Opinions appreciated :) - Minitokyo

"Us Angels" Wallpaper. Opinions appreciated :)

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Eimin

Eimin

.Let's play together.

Well, this wallpaper got deleted some days ago and I want to ask you guys opinion on why it might have been deleted and how can I improve it?

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/4449/usangels9hd.th.jpg

btw, that's not the original size, it's upposed to be 1280x1024 in resolution :)

Signature

Regenbogen

Regenbogen

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Hmm... well the characters in front look really clean so that's already a good point!
Your wallpaper looks really sparkly... but that's not the problem. I think you should try to think of a concept of your wallpaper. The background on the left looks as if you just "threw" many things together. I can see that you intended to have a shading of the girls in the back, same what you did with the font. But to tell you the truth, it doesn't look so appealing. I'd suggest to think of another way to "fill" your background. Try to be creative... Your background also shows a mixture of so many different brushes. I would try to use less...
And the color of your background. Everything looks icy? Why? The girls don't really look like ice queens. So what I can suggest to you is to spend some more time on the concept of your wallpaper. It is more than just placing a scan on a almost randomly mixture of shapes and brushes.
So if you try to develop the background a bit more... with a nice idea behind it... then it could definitely turn out nicely. ^-^ I hope this was of some help...

Edit: The background you made may have been considered as "ghosting" that is simply putting a character into the background. And it is considered to be a rather lazy technique... and it make everything look rather messy... I have to agree with that. So main focus should be to get rid of the girls in the back! ;)

Signature

Eimin

Eimin

.Let's play together.

Thanks for the help :)

Signature

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

The characters are so cute! I would also say remove the shadows of the girls and make the colors match the scan more. The text is a cute touch, is it the logo for the series? It's a little degraded. You might of deliberately distressed it with a filter, or it might be because it was resized. Either way, make it either clean or clearly changed so it looks less like an accident. I like the lacy border but I would put them in front of the top section. Very good start and should be easy to improve!

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.