Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Looking for advice - Minitokyo

Looking for advice

page 1 of 1 19 total items

OkuniSensei

OkuniSensei

Psychotic warrior XD

My first wallpaper, and already deleted.
Well... I don't complain ^^
I just want to know why, to produce a better work.

Edit: Please check the other wallpapers in the end of this topic too, thanks ^^

=> Togainu 01

I thank you in advance for your help ^^

In addition, I want to submit this one, but now I'm more careful ^^;

=> Togainu 02

This one would have more luck than the first one?

I expect the first one was deleted because the image you used looks rather low quality (rather blurry and jaggy)
Also, it seems you only added the text and framing bands to the original image which was probably deemed not enough personal effort
The second wall looks better with better image quality...
however, putting multiple images together in a collage style also is lower effort and time
Have you considered taking one of those images...extracting the character from the scan and making your own background? It is always better when you make a personal contribution to the wall beyond choosing a scan and adding text
Hope that helps :)

OkuniSensei

OkuniSensei

Psychotic warrior XD

I feel I don't have the same conception of "personnal effort" that others.
Sometimes, something that seems simple can be excellent. I spend 3 hours in the second, by selecting the images, adding effects, color layers, calculating the correct size of the bands... It doesn't seem, did it? ^^

Anyway, I won't renonce :p

I'll find a better quality for the first one, I didn't notice the blurry thing, due to the re-sizing.
Now I see only that! I'm bad >___<

Other comment? please ^^

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

well, I think that the wallpapers look very nice, but sooner or later youre going to need to learn how to extract your images or else nothing will get accepted into minitokyo ^_^'
just using filter and color changes arent counted as personal effort because its basically the program thats doing it. you have to be able to make a great wallpaper with some help of filter and color and be able to incorporate that into your artwork. I know exactly how you feel though, because thats how I felt when I first started here. My artwork still isnt that great...theres still so much more to learn! Just for an example, Ive only gotten 2 wallpapers (i think) so far that have scans in them that havent been extracted. One becuase it has a white background, and the other one because I was just really lucky for some reason and it hasnt been deleted :sweat:

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

ok well the one you wont to put on is ok but what was the one you had deleted?
Then maby I can give you some advice

rituel

rituel

kLepToMAniaX Designs

the concept for both works are great, but here's what i think:
-->The first one:
- It looks too plain, at least by MT standards. It's almost as if you just put the image, added the transluscent black bands on the top and bottom, then added text. Try adding more effects to it, like light burst effects etc.
- As cyd84 said, it's blurry/grainy. if you scanned the image, i suggest you extract a better one. Or if you got it off somewhere, look for a better quality image (and don't forget to mention where you got the image, just in case)

-->The second one:
- Again, it looks too plain (not necessarily so). Again, it's as if you pulled in three separate images and slapped them there. Try something else, like maybe arranging the images around one another using a more interesting background.
- The left image is kind of dark/blurry. Clean it up a bit.

If u used Photoshop, try this site: www.imanimetions.net
There are tutorials and other works there. Who knows you might get inspired. ^_^

lastly, i apologize if I offended you in any way -_-

OkuniSensei

OkuniSensei

Psychotic warrior XD

I'm not offended ^^

Well... after reading you, I've already new ideas, but the bands style, is my style ^^;
I used that in most of my works, and I won't suppress that. I'll just do it differently ^^

but I have another question.
I didn't find it in the rules.

Can I use brushes in my wallpapers? Of course I'll credit the owner ^^

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Quote by OkuniSenseiI'm not offended ^^

Well... after reading you, I've already new ideas, but the bands style, is my style ^^;
I used that in most of my works, and I won't suppress that. I'll just do it differently ^^

but I have another question.
I didn't find it in the rules.

Can I use brushes in my wallpapers? Of course I'll credit the owner ^^

Brushes are definitly okay! It's important to make sure that you have a concept for your background and not just use brushes and filters to fill up space, but brushes are good.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

Kuzoku

Kuzoku

Sweet Dreamer

Definately use brushed when it suits the idea and theme of your wallpaper. I think the right brush effects can only improve on ur wallies ^_^*

Those who dream sweet dreams forget the pain of yesterday

OkuniSensei

OkuniSensei

Psychotic warrior XD

Hello ^^
Another attempt, I still need your good advise ^^
Is this one fine for a submit?
What should I change?

=> Togainu no Chi 3

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

the character extraction isnt that good, like the edges of his cape. also, the character is in black clothing, and has red eyes -but there is nothing blue on him. So personally I think that you either need to put something blue on him to make him fit with the bg, or change the bg. if it was me, i would put him in a bamboo forest with a moon shining through or something.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

Add in wings would be nice. And the bg would be in a dark realm or something mysterious.

Signature

OkuniSensei

OkuniSensei

Psychotic warrior XD

Wings with this guy? Oh no! ^^;;
It's a vampire-like man...

And he's living in a futuristic city, so no for the bamboo forest either.
But indeed, the blue may not fit well. I thank to couter-balance the red of his eye. But may be a grey bg would be better.
The dark realm is a good idea ^^ this would fit with his world. But in this case, this would suppress my idea of a wall-like bg...

Ilovelucky

Ilovelucky

~forgotten pain~

Hi, i uhh......k,i put a picture on one of the scans and i called it naraku beauty, but what came out was a surfer surfing on the ocean, i meant to put naraku there but i messed up now i want to delete it but i dony know how can u help me?

OkuniSensei

OkuniSensei

Psychotic warrior XD

I don't know...
Is there a "deletion" option in the page where is your scan?
If it doesn't work try to contact a webmaster to delete it for you, give him the link to your picture ^^

By the way, a new work, obviously incomplete.
Could you help me to finish it?
=> Wall Devil May Cry

beautifuldreamer1289

beautifuldreamer1289

Cosplay Goddess

i think its nice, but i think they deleted it cuz the quality (not how good it was, how clear the pic was) is too low. other than that, the composition is great!

url=http://groups.minitokyo.net/intothesky/]||IntoTheSky:AG||[/url]
DNangel-DarkWings

OkuniSensei

OkuniSensei

Psychotic warrior XD

Are you really speaking about de Devil May Cry wallpaper?

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

For the first wallpaper - the image is obviously enlarged and filtered. Elarged images = grainy/blurred/pixelated = bad. If you have to enlarge an image for a wall, it's most likely not going to be accepted here.

For the second wallpaper - again, enlarged and filtered = bad. mt tends to like cleaner looks to their submissions, and this one is very sloppy.

For the third wallpaper. Blue is a bad choice, you sau you want to work against the eyes? Bad idea. The eyes are the contrast, a Red BG would work better to bring out the sinister nature of the game and to contrast the character better. It'd make a more interesting wall then.

For the Devil May Cry wall - I see an eye, some fancy digitized edges and HUGE TEXT. Don't get me wrong, the background looks really nice, and I don't know too much about the game or it's images, but I can't tell how much of that image is your work besides the corners and the text. Adding Huge text is never a solution. If you want to fix the wall, try adding a focal character instead of the text.

Another thing to keep in mind when you're new is to give very detailed explanations of what you did on the wallpaper when submitting and give a time frame of how long you worked on it. That way you can't be accused of low effort right off the bat.

Also, I think there may be a slight bias against lower-res walls. Sure your screen may be 1024x768 (that's my screen-res too!) but it's the resizing issue. You'te wallpapers are on the smallest end of wallpaper sizes and scaling an image up is bad. If you try to make larger wallpapers, then you can scale them down for you're own screen no problem and people with larger resolutions can also be happy.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

OkuniSensei

OkuniSensei

Psychotic warrior XD

First, I said that the Devil May Cry wallpaper is a work-in-progress...

I don't really know what you mean by "my work or not".
About the image: a scan is a scan. it's the work of the designer of the game, even after modification, it still in the basis the work of the designer.
I aggree with the idea to add another image of the character, but it would be still the work of the designer of the game, not me...

I took a scan as a basis and modify the eye to put the ligth, because this eye is the center of the project. It's a link between the eye of the hero and the word "cry" in the title (because he's an half-devil).

the text is a test, it would be resized and the effects changed if necessary in function of the additions.
I expected commentaries about the choice of effect, colors, and so on.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.