Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mardock Scramble: An upcoming anime by Range Murata - Minitokyo

Mardock Scramble: An upcoming anime by Range Murata

page 1 of 1 2 total items

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Details are sketchy, but Mardock Scramble, a science fiction novel by Tou Ubukata that won top honors in Japan in 2003, is being adapted into an anime by Gonzo as their 15th anniversary project (much like Last Exile was their 10th anniversary project). As with Last Exile, character designs for Mardock Scramble will be done by Range Murata, something that should certainly please fans of his artwork. While Gonzo is known for use of CG in its animation, it will apparently be using full 3D CG in animating all of Mardock Scramble.

Story details are also hard to come by, as the novel has not been translated into English, but as Range Murata noted in an interview with Anime News Network, "The story is kind of... dark. Basically the main character is a girl, and her body is burned by the bad guy, and she dies, but then she's resurrected. So she's out for revenge."

It is still uncertain when Mardock Scramble will be released and if it will be a full series like Last Exile or an OVA like Blue Submarine no. 6. Information (and a new trailer) are available on its new website, http://mardock.jp/.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Interesting. Thanks for sharing the news, and that trailer looked pretty cool XD

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.