Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bring back the old shoutbox? - Minitokyo

Bring back the old shoutbox?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

people r saying the site would be faster without the shoutbox...well its stil slow to me...i say bring back the old shoutbox.

Kas. please don't start an argument with the mods.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I say don't. The site IS faster, sides the shout box was just full of spam and it became irritating to others to read that crap. Its better with it as is, were lucky its not taking away or disableed. Sadly I must agree with Paolo too.

Signature Image

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

no, screw the shoutbox. if you guys wanna chat, come to the irc channel. shoutboxes were meant for just once a day kind of thing, but too many people overuses it and contribute to the slownesss of MT...personally, i think we should jsut get rid of it ;b with the shoutbox, it'd be EVEN MORE SLOW X_X

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

And to expand on sammo's post, server address is irc.rizon.net and the channel is #minitokyo.

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

I enjoy talking on the Shoutbox. It was just another fun way to communicate to those online @ MT. I would like it back, but yeah.. there are some people who have real hella slow connections...

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Leave it the way it is. Maybe when the new server arrives it could come back. Good riddance for now.

Signature

rory07

rory07

Cowabunga!

Quote by kastelic4444Leave it the way it is. Maybe when the new server arrives it could come back. Good riddance for now.

well said ..i agree

the shoutbox is just spam, it really served no puropse except suck bandwidth. if you have something to say just take it to the forums or as said, irc

Yarashi

Yarashi

*squish*

Quote by sammono, screw the shoutbox. if you guys wanna chat, come to the irc channel. shoutboxes were meant for just once a day kind of thing, but too many people overuses it and contribute to the slownesss of MT...personally, i think we should jsut get rid of it ;b with the shoutbox, it'd be EVEN MORE SLOW X_X

Ditto that! ^__^
People do overuse and abuse them, and it's pointless. We do have a forum where we can post over a sentence, isn't that better for communication?

then why would the mods put a shoutbox if they knew it would make the site slow.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Um.....To give people an easier way to announce if something was comming out, not to be used as a chat room. Which is what it got turned into, I'm honestly for them just getting rid of the whole thing period. No more shout box. Theres PM's, a forum, and IRC channel, three different methods. Its not needed to have the box anymore.

Signature Image

Its better with the shoutbox gone, possiblely take it away for good?

How about the option to toggle whether the shout box shows or not.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

If you want to talk to people, go to the IRC chat, or there's this new invention called the "Instant Messenger"-- it's catching on really fast-- like everyone has it. -_-'

Closed.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

i c no ned to close this *reopens*

thanks..... :D

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

hnmmmmmm interesting i liked the shout box and cy is right we and i say we abused it i liked talking to every one in there it was fast and fun...but mt is faster w/o most times... i guess we can irc, but i guess some ppl are shy and dont want to go or ask for ur screen name in the box u could call some one out and start talking i dont know whatever's better for mt.....

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.