Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Social Commentary in Anime...? - Minitokyo

Social Commentary in Anime...?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Recently, I did a mass media search for the anime "Serial Experiments Lain", and found a trace bit of information on how the computer and Internet, etc., are contributing to the possible suicide and social isolation of people-that is, we're all so busy "socializing" on the Internet that we don't hang out with the people in our life outside of the computer and Internet. In other words, we become addicted to the sedentary lifestyle the cyber world offers us, and forget about having a life out of the house, the Internet, etc.
My main question here is: Has this happened to you, and what do you think of the possibility of an entire demographic being "Trapped on the Web"?

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

marcoskatsuragi

marcoskatsuragi

Quez Quez diz quirido.

I thing that we need to control and make a balance between virtual and real life. The internet time are really cool... it's really easy find interesting people there.... you can turn to a internet-addiction really fast, i believe...
Internet are turn more and more important on your lives, but, we need to use the head and manage this... the most import are the real life, real friend... internet are just something to short distance and share information around the world...

Signature Image

Feenixdeathdeal

Feenixdeathdeal

"Demonic Typhoon"

As for me, its actually helped me in gaining friends and people to connect and contact with. It is what it is. If you treat it like it runs your life...it may as well be. If you treat it for the convenience that it is used for, then by all means its beneficial to you. Sometimes people abuse this and make it more than it is by "living" your life online instead of it "helping" you.

My girlfriend's mother is basically "trapped on the net" as you say and she can't pry herself away from it to even cook food for the family and uses her son and daughter to do all the work and chores themselves...she's not even providing for her family either(she doesn't have a job either because she's obsessed with Maple Story-Yes, i said Maple Story, go ahead and laugh til it hurts! If it wasn't Maple Story, she was obsessed with chatboards...). Its sad really.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm antisocial, I hate being around people, I hate even more seeing people, so nope the net has not hurt me a bit, it's actually helped me ^_^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.