Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 "Chi?" What does it mean? I think I know. [spoilers!] - Minitokyo

"Chi?" What does it mean? I think I know. [spoilers!]

Tagged under Chobits

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Quote by TrigunPreacherGirl

Quote by WindAlchem(...) something that will ruin it for you.
the word "chi" in japanese translated to english means "blood".
maybe Chi is evil! XD[/quote

"Chi" also has a different translation: Intelligence, or wisdom... though, maybe this can't really be applied to Chi herself... ^_^' .

I think the original theory, that she's named after her parents, makes a lot of sense. Interesting topic, by the way!

I think the poster above is thinking about the word "Eh?", since that, in essence, is the Japanese word for "What?".

sooo it means that chi means <intellegent blood> or <blood of wisdom>

hiihi .. thats would be mey guess

Makes sense but maybe..... they just wanted an easy name for a farm boy like Hideki

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

? or?? (w/e kana it's written in) it's simple a cute sound in Japan. CLAMP was probably just trying to define Chii as really cute.

But your theory is good too.

Hehe. Does it really pay to be worked up over something as menial as this? :D

But seriously, nice insight. :) I can't believe I missed that tiny detail, and I call myself a Chobits fan lol -_-

Quote by JetKrazy? or? (w/e kana it's written in) it's simple a cute sound in Japan. CLAMP was probably just trying to define Chii as really cute.

But your theory is good too.

which theory ? mine? :D

Actually the word "Chobits" are written Chi-yo-bi-tsu in the japanese. I think her comes from there. But then, her name is Chii(with double i) so maybe that's just a reference to chiisai(little) since she is short and cute.

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Nice theory! Could be as you said. But it could also be just a word with no meaning, like 'nya', 'kya', or even old Japanese words used like 'gozaru', or like in Super Gals! (Gals!), the word 'datchuu'. These are just words put for 'making it special'. And chi is also easy to pronounce. But I have to say that I agree with you, nice going!

Signature

Lol, never thought about it... But all the theorys appointed are good hehe

WOW you really taught deeply about that (my,my) ohh well it makes sense XD

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Don't bump threads after more then a year of inactivity especially when your not contributing anything meaningful.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.