Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Avian/Bird Flu - Minitokyo

Avian/Bird Flu

page 1 of 1 9 total items

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

As you know, Avian Flu can only be transmitted through birds, but it is predicted to be the cause of the next pandemic in the next few years. If this were to ever happen, what would you do if you found out if Avian Flu (H5N1 Virus) was transmissible through humans? How would you change your lifestyle, if you would?

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Yes, I know. Country where I live now has a quite fair share of fallen victims to this new form of Grim Reaper. Although chance of being transmittable from human through human is very small (if I'm not mistaken), it is still not impossible. If that happens, you ask? Well, I'll just be very-very careful whenever I have contact with everyone, especially those who have flu, whatever type of flu they have. poor enough, if that time comes, I think no one will take it easy with influenza anymore...

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Bla bla bla. The bird flu was mostly spreaded by media, making a total disaster out of it. It's so typical, they did the same about other viruses earlier. When the topic grows old and stops selling good they find another sensation. And then you realise that actually the world still functions pretty well, and no global epidemic started.
Yes, it happened again...

up up and away

There is something you can do (which I would most probably do).

A virus usually dies if the surrounding temperature is too hot or too cold.

So I can go live in a country near the equator, or somewhere in the polar regions...

Just an idea...

okayillgonow

okayillgonow

Never tolerate oppression...

In 1918, before anti-biotics, 6,000 people died. With all our medical advancements (I'm not saying prescription drugs are good), how can it reach 2,000,000!? X-O

''From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.'' (Karl Marx)

okayillgonow, you bring up an interesting point - now I'm not too sure about viruses, but I do know for sure that bacteria are rather pesky little creatures as they can abosrb DNA from their environment and other bacteria into their own genome. Now what does that all mean you may ask, well it means, say one strand of bacteriaA has a resistance to a particular anti-biotic, it can give it to another bacteriaB, hence bacteriaB is now resistant. Now not only that, but the bacteria aren't restricted to just their 'family' if a plant bacteria has a resistance to a drug that kills off other animal bacteria, plant bacteria can give it to animal bacteria!

That's why we are having so much problems with things like Golden Staph in hospitals, because just as quickly we can develop a new drug, the bacteria can gain resistance to it! Now isn't that furstrating?

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Quote by Justice48There is something you can do (which I would most probably do).

A virus usually dies if the surrounding temperature is too hot or too cold.

So I can go live in a country near the equator, or somewhere in the polar regions...

Just an idea...

No! No! In fact, it's at the equator where this virus can spread "happily"!
This virus spread with the help of wind, something often happened in equatorial area...

helmet02

Helmet Rule

i don't care, if the flu kills me then i'm dead. i'll let the pharmacists worry about any 'cures' or whatever

Whatever helmet says is true so believe it or else... nothing happens. so obey foolish mortals!!

to tell the truth the bigest way for it to spred from berd to man/woman is the PIG yes it is crasy but the bird flu dos not need to evolv as mutch to in feckt the pig and then the it can evolv faster and infeckt man/woman. Did you know that moste peapel how fell il owend not only berds but pigs to?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.