Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Wii - Minitokyo

Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Wii

page 1 of 1 2 total items

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

I know there are many threads discussing the games already revealed in E3 already, but I thought that this game deserves it's own discussion. The Super Smash Brothers series has always been popular, and I was just interested in everyone else's opinion on the trailer so far.

I personally think the graphics have actually gone worse since the Gamecube, as they throw in more 3D effects and shading. The battle system looks pretty much the same as before, but some of the attacks looked really dull. For example, the scene of MetalKnight fighting looked really out of place in a SSB game, such as the normal "A" button attack looked faster than the typical attack speed.

I think the special attacks that they introduced look really cool, though still out of sync with the SSB franchise. SSB was especially successful because it was simple yet fun. Now they're gradually making it more complicated, and the special attacks seem to add to that complexity.

And finally, the new characters that they revealed so far. I think Zero Suit Samus was a bad idea, as having two of the same character, just in different forms, seems out of place to me. I do not like Wario, but I think the addition of MetalKnight and Pit is really cool. But Snake coming in... o_0

Anyhow, what are your opinions? If you haven't seen the trailer yet, I'm sure it's easy to dig up at Youtube.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

Yeah, the Zero Samus thing is plain and simply a bad idea, if she's a separate character. If she's gonna end up like Sheik/Zelda, though, it might not be SO bad... Pit looks like a cool dude to use... Wario is plain and simply a bad idea, especially his special attack at the end of the video... T.T

The graphics going to more shaded and realistic, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It gives it a more mature view, meaning that they'll get more sales, but that changes the feel of the SSB gaming experience. *sigh* This thing is either gonna flop out or be a huge success.

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.