Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Has Anyone Played "Legend of Dragoon"? - Minitokyo

Has Anyone Played "Legend of Dragoon"?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Yep! That's it! Have you ever played that game before? Did you finish it?
What's your opinion about it?

Well, I think it's good... Playing such game with massive amount of CDs (4! Comparable to FF VIII, and it's rare to find games with many CDs) with good storyline really worth the time. However, it seems to be drowned completely by the popularity of FF or even Dragon Quest series... And some even say that this game was a total failure. Is it true? I wonder why? I think the story is not bad, although a little cliche (save the world in the end, from an insane from past). The characters are nice too (I like Lloyd, the silver haired bad guy :)!) The fighting concept is also very active, unlike those from FF, in which we can turn to TV channel whenever battle occurs, keep pressing X button to attack, and we still can win anyway)...

And more, why didn't the developer (SCEI) make its sequel? I bet it'll be much appreciated. Maybe it can gain more popularity or even compete with FF series?

oh oh me me! lolz. yeah i've played the game. but i dont think i finished it. the game really challenges one's IQ ya know. lol. well to me at least x). i think it's a nice game. soundtrack's nice too. but if compared to FF, FF still wins. :x XD
oh well. just my opinion ^^

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

I've played it before, never finished though unfortunately. Got stuck somewhere on the last disk T_T
I like the game though, it was the first RPG I really got into (before I realised that I love RPG's >_>). The story was interesting too, I liked how is was such a long game and it took you a while to become good at it and work your way through.

I'd have to agree with Bumble-Bee in that the battle system is alot better than the one in Final Fantasy. You actually have to pay attention to get the timing of your moves down to give the best attack possible. I loved the dragoon power also! Though Lloyd was my fav character even though he was a wingly. (But maybe I just have a thing for silver-haired, evil guys XD)

I think a sequel would be good, especially now that it could have higher graphics and the game would look alot better than way. x)

Signature Image

Played it? Heck, I have it in my house and I finished it. It's a good game all around and its battle system is unique in its own right. I liked the powers of the Dragoons as well, though I think magic was kinda limited in that game, since you had to transform into a Dragoon in order to use it.

A simple-to-follow storyline, with a good twist of events every now and then (Like LavitzĀ“ death at the hands of the Hooded Man, who turned out to be Lloyd), characters you can probably relate to and a long game that doesn't bore you much. All in all, they could have worked on the graphics a bit more, but otherwise it's a good game.

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

I havent played, but I have seen the game when my brothers played it ^^. They didnt play for so long because we just borowed the game.

For me, this game looks like some kund if FF game, but this one got much better battle system! I love the battles, I love the graphics (you get a nostalgic feeling) and I love the characters. The nature is really addictive and I would love to play the game. I just cant wait for it! >.<

So yeah, I have seen it, but not played it ^_^' (damn -.-)

I look forward to it! ^^

~~~~~~~~
afaT ;)

Signature Image

robinkun

robinkun

I r R

Played it for like 1hour the graphics really made me go wow they were super back then but i did not like the battle system. And yeah it seems like kind of a huge game.

Free thinkers are dangerous

FloralFallal

FloralFallal

Lover of shirtless anime men

I played it a long time ago but didn't finish it. I think I would have liked the battle system better if I was good at it but I've never been good with button pushing and specific times, that's actually why I stopped playing the game. I didn't even get to play Dart in his final dragoon form! T_T

Signature Image
Thanks again to Tinbad for my avi and sig

i played it and finished i thought it was a pretty good game and it was also very challenging in some parts and it was a very long entertaining game

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

I played and finished it. I'll have to say that some of the combinations (Albert's and Meru's for ex.) were kind of difficult to master, but I did it! The game was really fun and posed a challenge for me. The ending boss battle took forever! But it was all worth it in the end.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

I enjoyed the Battle System/Game Play, however I REALLY disliked the Music.

I finished it long ago. now, I forget most of the character's name. It's a good game and good graphic too. too bad, they don't make Legend of dragoon 2.

Excellent game, one of my favorites. Though it didn't have much to offer from side quests, I think they had plenty of plot and gameplay to make up for it.

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Quote by omnizeroI finished it long ago. now, I forget most of the character's name. It's a good game and good graphic too. too bad, they don't make Legend of dragoon 2.

To remind you (I remember them all, clearly! :D)
Good guys:
Dart, the Fire Dragoon;
Shana (and later Miranda ~ Shana is too weak to fight... :hmpf:~), the Light Dragoon;
Rose, the Dark Dragoon;
Lavitz (and later Albert ;) , after Lavitz's death T_T), the Wind Dragoon;
Haschel, the Lightning Dragoon;
Meru, the Water Dragoon; and last but not least:
Kongol, the Earth Dragoon!

Bad guys:
Emperor Doyle (or Doel, I forget...); former Lightning Dragoon (before Haschel);
Lloyd XD, the super-duper-cool Divine Dragoon X-P;
Zieg Feld, former Fire Dragoon (and Dart's old man); and the big boss:
Melbu Frahma :angry:

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

My younger brother's teaching me to play (I'm not a gamer, he is). He's had the game for 5 or so years, and he adores it. I've lost count of how many times he's beat it. I've always thought it was cool to watch my brother play, but now that I'm learning to play, I'm realizing why he's so addicted to it -- it's fun!

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Inversion988

Inversion988

....Revived?

yeah i still have the game and beaten it. heck, sometimes i still play it-brings back memories. it somewhat reminds of FF7 because of how all of your characters walk right into dart and dissappear like he a door or something. the gameplay was challenging, the graphics were good for the time when it was still in style, and some of the scenes were funny-especially when rose threatened that little kid not 2 say anything about what happened between her and dart-and then chased him.

Signature Image

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Quote by Inversion988yeah i still have the game and beaten it. heck, sometimes i still play it-brings back memories. it somewhat reminds of FF7 because of how all of your characters walk right into dart and dissappear like he a door or something. the gameplay was challenging, the graphics were good for the time when it was still in style, and some of the scenes were funny-especially when rose threatened that little kid not 2 say anything about what happened between her and dart-and then chased him.

Woh... o_0 You beat me there, man... You still remember that scene, while I only know the main story. I played it barely 5 years ago. So it is acceptable if I forget, isn't it? ;)
Actually, what was happened between them?

Inversion988

Inversion988

....Revived?

Quote by Bumble-BeeWoh... o_0 You beat me there, man... You still remember that scene, while I only know the main story. I played it barely 5 years ago. So it is acceptable if I forget, isn't it? ;)
Actually, what was happened between them?

actually if i didn't play it again recently, i wouldn't remember it either. it happened directly after dart and rose fell off of the ship and rose saved dart and they were in that cave.....rose was cuddling with dart while he was still unconcious so he didn't know what happened. then that little kid saw them like that and started thinking that they were.....well, u know. the little kid mentioned it the moment they walked into town. so u can guess how rose reacted when that little kid said that. lol.....

Signature Image

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Quote by Inversion988
actually if i didn't play it again recently, i wouldn't remember it either. it happened directly after dart and rose fell off of the ship and rose saved dart and they were in that cave.....rose was cuddling with dart while he was still unconcious so he didn't know what happened. then that little kid saw them like that and started thinking that they were.....well, u know. the little kid mentioned it the moment they walked into town. so u can guess how rose reacted when that little kid said that. lol.....

Oh, yeah, that! I remember now! XD Considering that Rose is old enough to be his mother (she's at the same league as Zieg, Dart's father, isn't she?) makes it funnier!

Thanks for the info!

RaiMinakami

RaiMinakami

Silent Guardian

Legend of Dragoon...
Damn that game is pretty old...

The last time I played it was 3 years ago...

But its a great game specially the combo attack
(although you need to master each characters specific skills not to metion you need to have a perfect tinming hitting the right buttons)

Huh? ICE CREAM! Yay! Itedakimasu
Signature
Do You Believe in Fate & Destiny?
(sig created by PAche) ~Ja ne~ ^_^

It was a great game, had a really interesting stroy to it, but I found I didn't have the timing for the combat system, so my good friend GameShark came to the rescue.

Was a great piece of work, even thought it wasn't in the same league as a Final Fantasy

Never heard of it. Is it good?

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Quote by ZAFDeltaForceNever heard of it. Is it good?

Well, good or not, it depends on the players themselves. I consider it "not bad" and "good enough". The storyline is a little cliche: Save the world from certain crazy person, though this person as the final boss as, well, very unexpected, as we are introduced to him in the final disk (thought that he's already dead) and suddenly faced with fact that he is still alive and is the person who controls (or at least perform a conspiration with) all the bad guys we meet all the way.

The best feature of this game (I think) is the battle system. While the main part is similar with other RPGs (item, defend, magic, and so on), we need to press the attack button (X) at the right time (there are moving squares as the timer). Sometimes the enemy will try to counterattack (Shown with red square), and that's when we must counter-back (by pressing circle, if I' not mistaken) also, at the right timing. Fail, and you'll be hit back, stopped from attacking, and more, given a good deal of damage. It's very much like Final Fantasy + Tales series in term of attacking!

To conclude, why don't you try to play it? 4 CDs, to inform you, make it looks more like FF. Then you can decide whether it's good or not.

:)

Yeah, I've played it years ago on my PS1. It's a good game but seems a little underappreciated. It's got good story, good characters, etc. although due to the size of the game - 4 discs - it can get quite repetitive especially when you want to get enough gold to buy good stuff (IIRC, the monsters are kinda stingy on gold) or go into combat many, many times just so you could master a combo (called "Addition" in the game).

As for the combat system, it is quite unique since you need to time your attack to chain the combo perfectly. Miss one and your attack falls short. As mentioned earlier, the enemy can counter and if you bungle the counter-counterattack, your attack is cut short AND you'll receive damage at the same time. Fortunately (or unfortunately), you can buy the Ultimate Wargod bracelet (auto Addition success, enemy cannot counter) for 10000g. I bought one for each member (hence the "unfortunate" part in order to get 70000g T_T).

However, after that, no more need to time attacks. Just one push of a button to make Dart unleash his Blazing Dynamo and go apes**t on the enemy. The same for the other characters...Heh heh...*sigh* I like Rose...

Wew, Legend Of Dragon....
Which one ?
Pc or ps ?
but now
i'm retire from console game ?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.