Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Origin of Kawaii"ness... - Minitokyo

Origin of Kawaii"ness...

What is the cradle of Kawaii"ness?

Economic struggle( proposing a new style of drawing)
1 votes
The cult of beauty in Japan existing since days of yore
1 votes
Imitation of westerners'( Caucasian) complexion(body)
0 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

EmpixusXast

The SyperSymmetric Soul

Through your peregrination in Manga , Anime or Nippon stuff, dipping thereby in cotemporaneous japanese culture of kawaii, have you never seen what could be the ultimate or partial sources of their special style of drawing or imitation(for instance,this one ^_^' )?
Here is a thread destinated for people having an interesting and pertinent theory , explaining the brusque shift of culture in Japan at the end of World War II.

First, I'll give my own theory for instance:
( N.B. The contain of this proposition hasn't any explicit or implict racist or alike regards towards Japaneses.)
At the peep of a new era after the world war II, Japan suffered a terrific defeat, which consisted of the most lethal weapon ever created, whereupon United States stinted harshly any mobilisation of army in Japan as well for Germany. Being an excessive competitive nation, there were no other alternatives to be powerful if not to opt an economic way. Hereby, They created their own style hight Japanimation in order to struggle the most powerful empire:Americans. There is another possibility: they transform their culture into a western culture.
By the way , as regards the big kawaii eyes , given the fact they appreciate the eyes of westerners , they extrapolated that it will a great fashion to put these one in Anime.
Furthermore, Asian nations didn't like their own eyes, prooved by the proliferation of blepharoplasty( surgery of the eyelids).
Just for making my theory stronger, in consideration of the short height of Japaneses, they heighten the cartoon personages by raising the length of their limbs.

*The following statement isn't for thin-skinned mind, skip it if you wish*
(Moreover, generally, in Anime, young women bear irregular dimensions of breast: big one.
Nonetheless, in Japan , we know all that female asian bears a smaller one.)

There are also the multicolour hairs, etc.

I hope that you'll don't take offense with this last theory(this is radically not my purpose to flay you), I'm just trying to undecipher the mystery of the new cult of beauty in Japan: Kawaii"ness.

Ergo, OTAKU of all kind , cerebrate, cogitate and bring forth pretty theories. ;)

See you
Empixus Xast. :angry: :)

Quote by EmpixusXastThrough your peregrination in Manga , Anime or Nippon stuff, dipping thereby in cotemporaneous japanese culture of kawaii, have you never seen what could be the ultimate or partial sources of their special style of drawing or imitation(for instance,this one ^_^' )?
Here is a thread destinated for people having an interesting and pertinent theory , explaining the brusque shift of culture in Japan at the end of World War II.

First, I'll give my own theory for instance:
( N.B. The contain of this proposition hasn't any explicit or implict racist or alike regards towards Japaneses.)
At the peep of a new era after the world war II, Japan suffered a terrific defeat, which consisted of the most lethal weapon ever created, whereupon United States stinted harshly any mobilisation of army in Japan as well for Germany. Being an excessive competitive nation, there were no other alternatives to be powerful if not to opt an economic way. Hereby, They created their own style hight Japanimation in order to struggle the most powerful empire:Americans. There is another possibility: they transform their culture into a western culture.
By the way , as regards the big kawaii eyes , given the fact they appreciate the eyes of westerners , they extrapolated that it will a great fashion to put these one in Anime.

about the big eyes, it's not that they adore the western eye, it's just that disney influenced the early mangaka like osamu tezuka who in turn influenced the later artists with his works. a lot of mangaka are starting new styles sporting smaller, more realistic and asian eyes.

Quote by EmpixusXast
Furthermore, Asian nations didn't like their own eyes, prooved by the proliferation of blepharoplasty( surgery of the eyelids).
Just for making my theory stronger, in consideration of the short height of Japaneses, they heighten the cartoon personages by raising the length of their limbs.

*The following statement isn't for thin-skinned mind, skip it if you wish*
(Moreover, generally, in Anime, young women bear irregular dimensions of breast: big one.
Nonetheless, in Japan , we know all that female asian bears a smaller one.)

There are also the multicolour hairs, etc.

i like my eye and telling a girl that her breasts are small is very rude. plus people dye their hairs to look different and they aren't limited to western hair colors.

you're almost like bragging if not yet so but still what you're saying offends me since i'm asian. it's like you are very sure that we want to be white(even though we don't) since whites have superior qualities thank you very much.

Quote by EmpixusXast
I hope that you'll don't take offense with this last theory(this is radically not my purpose to flay you),
I'm just trying to undecipher the mystery of the new cult of beauty in Japan: Kawaii"ness.

Ergo, OTAKU of all kind , cerebrate, cogitate and bring forth pretty theories. ;)

See you
Empixus Xast. :angry: :)

"Kawaii'ness" isn't new, they have been after cute stuff like dolls probably even before the westerners came.

EmpixusXast

The SyperSymmetric Soul

Something......

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.