Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I Don't Understand...Why Are Guys Like This? - Minitokyo

I Don't Understand...Why Are Guys Like This?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

Thanks so much everyone for taking up so much of your time to read and write your personal views on this. I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Thank you dearly for those who commented and especially those who wrote nearly a whole essay.

I'm getting better, and I'm trying to let thie feeling go away, so I would rather let this thread die instead of me having to read this over and over ago. Thanks dearly everyone.
Although I cannot say anything else but Thanks you don't know how much it means to me at the time. Thank you.

I don't understand...I really don't. I met this guy at the library on March 8th this year, as for some reason, I went up to him and said hi.
I gave him my email adress, since he asked for mine in a really weird and smart way. And ever since then we've been chatting and talking on MSN.

We had lots of similarities, therefore it sort of attracted me towards him, as well as his looks, voice and the personality I thought I knew.

However, during the easter break, he suddenly stopped talking to me, leaving me in the dark. I wrote an email to him as I had an impression that he was playing with me since he's 4years older than me (20yr old). I wanted to break it off with him, although nothing much was going on. At least I didn't think so. But we went out with 2 of my other friend (a girl and a boy) to the city, he waited there for me, and he held my hand all the time. We watched a movie together, just the two of us around 8 when they left, and he held my hand the whole time as I placed my head on his shoulder and things like that.

But later, when he placed his hands around my shoulder, I sorta shrugged it off as I remember my ex. Which is really bad, but because I broke up with him, I felt really bad for hurting him. But I don't like/love him anymore, it's the memories that's not leaving at the moment.

Yesterday, my friend came to see me especially, to tell me something. She hugged me and told me not to get sad, and that she didn't want to tell me, but I have the right to know. Then she told me.

She was on the train, and she saw him hugging another girl. Smiling, Laughing with his hand on her waist etc.

Although it seems like nothing, but to me it's everything. He told me he likes/d me...and he's been lying to me lately...at least that's what I think...

Am I over-reacting to this whole situation? Or is it normal. I cried for a whole night, and now I'm at school, tired and all worn-out.

Please Help Me...I don't know for sure if this is the place to post this, I know there might be a few really mean replies to this...but I'm so lost...Why are there guys like this? Guess...I guess I was so blind to see that...

Signature

hey whats up..well from readin ur situation..i think that u should sit back and watch..dont call or email him like u usually do..u should make him come to u..if he comes then awsome..if he doesnt..then whatever..but please dont ever cry over some guy that ur not married to..its not worth it..if u cry over every guy then u'll get all old an wrinkly like my grandmom*ill..lol*..but u know just wait and see what happens, and always trust in ur true friends..if he likes u..then he will come...sorry 4 writin so much..i hope this helped u at least a lil..im the same age as ur guy so i've been there done that..got the t-shirt..ok..feel better~byes!

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Hi.
Well, I don't know if my comments does fit here but since I'm story writter, I like to watch people's behavior.
It's very common for everyone to fall in love and to become confused about meeting and dating someone. You know, is very complex. At 20 we (guys) don't know love's true face. Hormons keep tricking us and, to be honest there's not much confidence about it. This applies only for those guys whose social live is very active. In your case, well, since I'm a GUY, I feel you shoul try to find what could you learn from this. Please, don't miunderstand me, but it's just that I always try to find the good thing about 'anything'. Well, I'm alive, all I can do is decide what to do with my time and the way I want to live trough.
Possibly I can't get to the very point of your thread, you know? I'm 20, but I always tried to NEVER have a girlfriend. I'm not gay, NO WAY. It's just that, since I've read and watched every kind of love novels, then I decided to see the world with another vision. The one where love has NOTHING to do.
So, all I can actually tell you it is that "you're ok". I mena, if you climb high, falling will surely hurt. But, don't let this to dissapoint you. Now you know somenthing. I can asure you, these tears could sometime mix with laughs.
Live at max and most important about everything, LEARN TO FORGIVE AND FORGET. Hard to do, but really usable.
Be seeing ya.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Guys -- no matter their age -- are jerks. They only think with their pants, which is what this guy is doing. Don't go to him, make him come to you. If he doesn't, then he's not worth your time. Give it a month, no more, no less. Good luck.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

It's alright to feel the way you feel. Someone just put a deep gash in your heart. It's good that you came here to vent and get other peoples view on the situation. Wounds take time to heal, during that process, think it over. Hey, who knows, mabey thinking about it will come to the conclusion that you really didn't need him anyways. But don't dwell on it too much, it distracts from the here and now. As for him...
What an @$$!

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

SOUL-BLADE

SOUL-BLADE

Waking Dreamer

I dont know if i should be commenting here, it seems it may be a girl consloation type topic. But i agree with general advice to stay away from him for a while at least. Keep your mind off of him, at the moment he dosent seem like a guy to waist ur tears on. Your hurting and its natural, but dont stay that way, its bad enough what hes doing, but its tragic if you keep hurting while he isn't.

Quote by eXDream2K5Guys -- no matter their age -- are jerks. They only think with their pants, which is what this guy is doing.

Thats kind of harsh dont you think? Im 20 (come to think of it so far those who replied are similar ages) and no doubt the're jerks that age but not ALL guys are jerks. There are genuine guys out there.

The nice guys are wondering what is it in those jerks that girls find so appealing...

PAche

PAche

hoarder

i think he was just fooling with you and not being satisfied with what he has...rather, he wanted to enjoy all he can :\ you said you shrugged off his arm and you don't really feel for him, but if that's the case, why're you so upset over him lying to you? i'm not next to you now, and i never did see what happened so i won't start to berate anyone. but from what i've gathered, neither of you really took your "relationship" seriously, for all you know deep down its a platonic one. maybe assuming that there would be a relationship in the first place was rather...unrealistic.you just met him at a library and you want to start something more than friendship with him?

you should not group all guys to this particular male, i'm sure there are some pretty ok guys out there.why is he like that?my guess is its for fun.sadly, that's why most guys cheat on girls.if you want to talk some more about this topic, you can always pm me (: i don't really like discussing private topics in public

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

LonelyFriend

Hi Ha said Hey

Acually the important point is you believe or not.Because if this happen in my life,I will ask him correctly.Sometimes we cant trust our friends 100%.

But if that guy are truely hugging another girl. Smiling, Laughing with his hand on her waist etc.
Then why should I be with someone who not honest ?

However,this is my opinion ...Hope you can solve it nicely and clean.

rorenzu

rorenzu

Mio Amakura

hmm, feels nostalgic..sniff,,,,,(but i never had boyfriend)ahahah!
well, it's not really over reacting,,it's normal..
but as for me, i cried one night but after that, everything didn't matter to me anymore,,,
hmm,, have you prove that he's really lying?
the only thing i could advise you is to find something as a medium to release your feelings...
he's like that because mostly, guys like
to mess around (what i mean, is even if they've got a girl, they aren't satisfied with one)>>>
but there's also a possibility that he can be faithful only to you>>>but just likes to flirt with other girls

Together...forever...
Signature
sig and avatar by Kuya JaK

they are many idiots out there and the one u chose is one on them..........my exboyfriend broke up with me and BEG for me back ............you have to stay strong and don't let guys get in your way unless they're the one.....u can't let one guy destroy your life....u have to learn to accept and forget.........there are more fishes out there for u to get....anyways i hoped io helped^^

o.O wow u cried for him. maybe you still like him.. if not why're so hurt when you know he did tht? :/ just my opinion though. ><
hm let's see.. i'm like so young so i guess i'm not really qualified to give advices. XD
but well i've been hurt before. and well sorta similar to ur situation. i broke up with him and well.. he liked another girl. i was crying back then.. sigh. long story. anyways, guys are jerks like wht exdream2k5 said. :x lol. not all but i think 90% of them XD lolz.
well.. try not to be so sad. cheer up :) *hands over an ice-cream* ^^

Have you tried hearing his part of story? It could have been a misunderstanding from both you and your friend's part. Don't jump to conclusions yet.

I second the idea of trying to make him come to you. If he comes, great. At least that means he has taken interest in you. Next you have to speak out your concerns to him and hopefully you both can honestly resolve the matter.

Regards.

Well, it's so sad hearing yaour story above. But there always an explanation for all of that.
You can find out the truth by call him or chat, as long you can talk to him. So you can understand him better and know what to do next.
Maybe when you see him with another girl is just his sister or cousin and just go walking.
But it's all up to both of you, if you and your friend have the same perseption and understanding. If it's just a misunderstanding or a mistake, both of you can make a solution best for the both of you.
Hope you can solve your problem.

Man's are like shadows, they always get away from their own destiny, they only stay at their instinct and a fake sense of control of their lives, since I'm one i've failed too many times to remember them, I would to tell you an advice, know the man by it's eyes no matter how many trained they are in hiding their feelings or their primitive instincts, thats the only thing i can tell you

BrokenGlass

BrokenGlass

Broken Glass or Broken Hearts

i FOUND THIS ON FORGOTENFEATHER PAGE I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HELP YOU OUT IN SOME WAY.

Dear Girls (from us guys)...

Don't assume that guys won't care where you are, because we do.
______________________________________(...) makes us feel SO secure to know that our girlfriends aren't off flirting with guys we've never heard of.
______________________________________(...) don't talk about your ex-boyfriends.
We never have, nor ever will respect or like them, nor do we want to hear about them.

When you do, you're asking your boyfriend to be jealous.

You're asking your boyfriend to lose trust.
___________________________________(...) that, we don't hump everything that walks into the room!

We don't care if you talk to other guys.

We don't care if you're friends with other guys.

But when you're sitting next to us, and some random guy walks into the room and you jump up and tackle him, without even introducing us, yeah, it pisses us off.

It doesn't help if you sit there and talk to him for ten minutes without even acknowledging the fact that we're still there.
___________________________________(...) when we tell you you're pretty/ beautiful/ gorgeous/ cute/ stunning, we freaking mean it.

Don't tell us we're wrong.

We'll stop trying to convince you.

The sexiest thing about a girl is confidence.
______________________________(...) you can quote me.
______________________________________(...) be mad when we hold the door open.
Smile and say "thank you."

Let us pay for you.

Don't "feel bad."

We enjoy doing it.

It's expected.

Smile and say - everybody together now - "thank you."
____________________________________(...) us when no one's watching.

If you kiss us when you know nobody's looking we'll be more impressed.
_______________________________(...) don't have to get dressed up for us.

If we're going out with you in the first place, you don't have to feel the need to wear the shortest skirt you have, put on every kind of makeup you own.

We like you for WHO you are and not WHAT you are.
_____________________________________(...) flirt with guys when we're not around.

We'll find out. Trust us.
We have eyes everywhere.
And when we find out, we're pissed.

Not necessarily with the guys you flirted with, more-so with YOU.
_____________________________________(...) take everything we say seriously.

Sarcasm is a beautiful thing. See the beauty in it.

Don't get angry easily.
__________________________________(...) using magazines/media as your bible.

Don't talk about how hot Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, or Jesse McCartney is in front of us.

It's boring, and we don't care.
You have girlfriends for that.
____________________________________(...) happened to the word "handsome"?

Why does everything have to be "hot/sexy"?

I'd be utterly stunned by a girl who greeted me with "Hey
handsome!" instead of "Hey baby/ stud/ cutie/ sexy" or whatever else you can think of.

But seriously sometimes looks AREN'T everything a lot of guys who arent exactly "hot" will treat you the way you need to be treated

Claiming girls or guys to be "hot" shows immaturity.
______________________________(...) I cannot stress this enough: IF YOU AREN'T BEING TREATED RIGHT BY A GUY, DON'T WAIT FOR HIM TO CHANGE. DITCH HIS SORRY, DISGRACE-TO-THE-MALE-POPULATION ASS, AND FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL TREAT YOU WITH UTTER RESPECT

Someone who will honor your morals.

Someone who will make you smile when you're at your lowest.

Someone who will stop what theyre doing just to look you in the
eyes....and say "i love you" ...

....and actually mean it.

Give the nice guys a chance

Guys repost this if you agree
Girls repost this if you think it's cute

Signature
Love Is Like Glass Once Its Broken, There Is No Point in Hurting Yourself Trying To Put It Back Together...

Banda-kun

Too much is never enough...

all guys arent like that but i agree there is many idiots out there why dont know
if you realy love him give him a change but cheating is biggest crime when youre dating whit someone

Death is always option.

well it is hard to hear this kind of stories. As a guy myself, not all guys are jerks. People are different in his/her own way. I'm no love doctor myself but sometimes just don't over react yourself in this kinda stuff. It just a fluff. I lack in the romance dept myself but never I can do that kind of stuff. As for the train part, that girl whom the guy had his hands on could be anyone else. It could be a childhood friend, best friend, ex, sister, aunt, etc. My point is, you said it yourself, "There was nothing going on," so why the drama and tears? I in fact know what its like being crushed and dumped and it does hurt but I never let that get to me. If it make things better stay single and hang out with friends. Thats what I'm doing right now and I've been single for over 3 years! And i'm only 22 years old. Wierd huh?

perhaps you heard this many times...but you must go forward and leave him in your past...i too had this problem...i cried for him a whole night because i saw him kissing another girl after he and I went out. when we went out he was exactly as the boy you talked about. you know what i did and it felt very good? i slaped him when i saw him and i continued my life leaving him in the past...now i have a boyfriend and he is very sweet...not at all like that jerk...when i told him about that jerk he said there are boys like that...just because they like crushing hurts...his reaction was surprising...he promised me never to do something like that and until now he kept his promise

Quote by eXDream2K5Guys -- no matter their age -- are jerks. They only think with their pants, which is what this guy is doing. Don't go to him, make him come to you. If he doesn't, then he's not worth your time. Give it a month, no more, no less. Good luck.

I'd say that is a blunt comment, rather than a harsh one. But it definately is overgeneralised, some guys give their girl a lot of respect and are faithful, despite what their hormones might be telling them to do. That said on the other hand, some guys 'think with their pants' almost all the time, its those ones that you can't really expect to have a stable relationship with.

Just because it isn't easy for a guy to control himself, it is absolutely NOT an excuse for being unfaithful, every guy has to deal with it and many do so if he can't, make it his problem, don't let him make it yours. That said try to be a bit forgiving, all people make mistakes, but if he takes it to far he doesn't deserve any more chances.

The problem lies in the fact that it is natural to be attracted to more than one person at once, its jsut a matter of keeping it under control. I remeber the priest talking about this to a small group at school, he said that even though he isn't allowed any female contact, doesn't mean he doesn't want it. Same goes for marred men (I guess), just because they have one woman in their life doesn't mean that their instinct stops telling them to try and find another.

I think the topic name is alittle way off. Not all guys are that bad. As a male myself, I have a great respect to others whether male or female mind you.

Well, basically guys change their focus of attention from one thing to another, very easily. They can like a girl and like another the following day. Though not all guys are like this, this is the basics. From your (topic creator) first message, I believe you are 16. Why bother chase all this love and stuff? Its not like you're have to get married next week or anything.

Just relax, and take things slow. Just because this guy treats you like this dosen't mean its the end of your love life. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and plentier more "better quality" fish if you ask me.

If he dosen't like you in the end, thats that. We have to learn to just stop bothering about the past and focus on our future. If he lied to you, thats real harsh. I know how you feel, and heres my advice: Forget about him and move on in life. Theres plenty more better things to do and care about like friends and family, not like this double-crosser.

Hope I didnt sound too harsh. :) Well, I bid you farewell and may you soon once again smile :)

millyfinalfantasy2

millyfinalfantasy2

the bringer of despair returns

okay, first off, guys don't always just think with their pants.... it's a myth, what I think has happened is, yes, he does like you, but he doesn't respect you or care as much as you do about him.
He may have the impression that because tou're young he can do and say whatever he wants and you'll beleive, him.
Tell him he's been caught out, cut your losses and find yourself a nice guy instead, if he doesn't know when he's onto a good thing, it's his loss.

trust me, we're not all bad.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Okay, forgive me if i'm the old man on the post for this one, he's 4 years older than you at 20 yes? This mean's you're in your teens, (maybe older by the time of this posting than 16). You are just worrying over something that probably isn't there, on his end at least. If he doesn't call/write/email/etc... after you shrugged his arm off your shoulder for whatever reason then he fits the description of "Thinking with his pants." As for the rest of us guys? *here's the old part* I'm married and spoil my wife rotten. There are good guys out here, some of us can be found in clubs/bars/malls, others in libraries/schools/work places. Point is this, learn from this experience, and beware trying to "win" someone back that you can live without after a week. You're young yet, time shouldn't be the issue.

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Wait wait wait, first off I am a little confuseded ( yes, I said confuseded...BACK OFF!), you said that you wanted to break it off with him, and you sound like you didn't want a relationship out of it, so I don't understand why you care so much. Second off, age mentality, he's a little too old for you, and yes I know you've heard this before but "love" does not conquer all boundries, you may have things in common, but you two are on completely different wave-lengths as far as mentality goes, trust me I've been there, age does make quite the difference, my advice is forget it and him, move on this one is probably not the one for you, and if you really do like him, and just being around him makes you happy, it's still best to let it go, and I know, I know, "but I really like him" Trust me I've been there, done that, the only thing I can see so far that will come of this is pain, and lots of it.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

Quote by DistortionWait wait wait, first off I am a little confuseded ( yes, I said confuseded...BACK OFF!), you said that you wanted to break it off with him, and you sound like you didn't want a relationship out of it, so I don't understand why you care so much. Second off, age mentality, he's a little too old for you, and yes I know you've heard this before but "love" does not conquer all boundries, you may have things in common, but you two are on completely different wave-lengths as far as mentality goes, trust me I've been there, age does make quite the difference, my advice is forget it and him, move on this one is probably not the one for you, and if you really do like him, and just being around him makes you happy, it's still best to let it go, and I know, I know, "but I really like him" Trust me I've been there, done that, the only thing I can see so far that will come of this is pain, and lots of it.

thanks...I guess so. I'm trying now so yeah...
Well...I don't know myself...I don't know why I care so much, but it's getting better, I know for a fact. As I use to go on the internet everynight (when I say everynight, I seriously mean everynight) wait for him to go on msn (but most of the time, he's already on) and we would talk and I would wait for his email...so yeah...but now it's getting better. Guess it's because he backed off.

I guess, age has something to do with it as well...but he always made it obvious that he doesn't think I'm too young for him. He always made that obvious...so I don't really know...>.<'' anymore...

~Sakura-k

Quote by AerdoanOkay, forgive me if i'm the old man on the post for this one, he's 4 years older than you at 20 yes? This mean's you're in your teens, (maybe older by the time of this posting than 16). You are just worrying over something that probably isn't there, on his end at least. If he doesn't call/write/email/etc... after you shrugged his arm off your shoulder for whatever reason then he fits the description of "Thinking with his pants." As for the rest of us guys? *here's the old part* I'm married and spoil my wife rotten. There are good guys out here, some of us can be found in clubs/bars/malls, others in libraries/schools/work places. Point is this, learn from this experience, and beware trying to "win" someone back that you can live without after a week. You're young yet, time shouldn't be the issue.

Yeah. I'm 16 at the moment, and yeah...he did reply. but he said like..."OMG Girl who said I didn't care o.0" etc etc. We still talk at the moment, but it's like...an email per week. I know I still like him, because I'm still deeply affected by what happened recently. Although I know that nothing has been happening, but it gave me a really insecure feeling that he played me.
My friend saw him with another girl, like laughing and talking with his hand around her waist, so yeah...she came straight back after tution to see me and tell me. And I basically totally broke down. I felt sick and I was and still is physically sick, I've got the sore throat, the cold and the cough. so yeah...*smiles* I guess when I like someone and I feel they sort at least like me back, I depend on them a lot. That's why when something bad happens, I totally break.

~Sakura-k
P.S. Thank you deeply for taking your time to write this

Quote by millyfinalfantasy2okay, first off, guys don't always just think with their pants.... it's a myth, what I think has happened is, yes, he does like you, but he doesn't respect you or care as much as you do about him.
He may have the impression that because tou're young he can do and say whatever he wants and you'll beleive, him.
Tell him he's been caught out, cut your losses and find yourself a nice guy instead, if he doesn't know when he's onto a good thing, it's his loss.

trust me, we're not all bad.

Yeah...I guess so. I know for a fact that not all guys "think with their pants" but yeah...He said he did like me...but I don't know for sure anymore...my friend saw him a week before that he was with this girl, talking laughing and with his hand around her waist, so when she told me. I totally broke. yeah...I got sick, like...with the cold +cough+sore throat even now...so yeah...
But apart from that, I'm getting better I guess...
I think it also might be the fact I haven't like someone since like...2 years lol ^^ *nodz* cuz I changed to a girl school because of a scholarship and I all my guy friends are just friends to me...so yeah...I don't know, I hardly know him, yet I like him a lot. But I know it's not love so yeah

btw, thanks for writing ^^
~Sakura-K

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.