Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it better to love and lose your love or to never love? - Minitokyo

Is it better to love and lose your love or to never love?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

On hiatus for january :( sorry!!

i have a ? to every1 and i m pretty confused bout it. is it better to luv sum1 and lose ur luv or to never luv at all? i kno losing ur luv is painful so whcih is better>

Dead in our memories, silent in our hearts...

Probably to lose your love would be better. It would hurt, make no doubt about that. But I'd like to think that you learn things from every experience, and that includes both being in love and losing that love. And most people lose their love sometime - we all have to die. Think of marriage, for example: its not likely that both people will die at exactly the same time, so no matter what somebody is going to lose their love. But is that worth sacrificing just because you don't want to feel pain? Don't think so.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I'm moving this to Love and family >_>
Make sure to place your threads in the right place ^_^'

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

well if ur talking about a bf love then i think it would be better to never love at all. so u could never have to deal with such pain. for me.....uhhhhhhhh losing family love would be tragic......friend love i would be devastated (if i liked them)........losing a love love......painful. i dunno.....maybe........ i guess i'm just a chicken

"I must destroy the despair-night
To shine in Eternity's sunshine."

Losing a loved one, or love as in GF/BF?

If it's the latter one, then I'd say never to love is better. It's not like you miss out on that much imho, and you also don't have another emotion to cloud your judgement. And you also spare yourself from the pain of losing someone that is very dear to you. On the other hand, you may find someone else whom you love just as dearly, so maybe the grief felt over the loss is just temporary.
I think many would rather chose the uncertainty of potentially losing a love than being certain never to love in their life.
I think it would be much more interresting if people didn't know what love was...

Why would it be interesting if people didn't know what love was?Love is what makes the world go round.

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

"A cowardly love is full of regrets, you know." - Akira from school rumble ep 10.

Not that you should take her words that seriously, but whichever you choose, please follow through with the decision wholeheartedly. A half-hearted attitude towards love has hurt more people than not loving at all in my opinion.

Nariko-Chan

Nariko-Chan

The visual kei freak. <3

Well, it depends on how strongly you love this "person". If you love them with all of your heart and soul, then, it would be better to love them, then lose them. Because, even though you may never feel this emotion fully again, and you may hate yourself for the rest of your life, or go into depression, or something like that, you still know what it feels like, and you have memories of it. Because overall, memories are the most important thing you can have in the long run. But if it's just girlfriend/boyfriend love, then it's better never to love them at all, unless you love them with all of your heart and soul (which is highly doubtful).

Luminous85

Luminous85

Starlit Memories

This is a toughy! It depends on if you mean losing the love to natural circumstances like death, or they divorce/break up with you for some reason. I've brought my self to tears thinking about the future and how I could lose the person I chose to spend the rest of my life with to old age. Seperation by death can be a sad but beautiful thing. You hold on to the memories of what you shared in the past, hanging on to the fact that you will meet again someday. It's so sad. ;_; It's always worth it, though. Like CRSG said..

Quote by crsg...It would hurt, make no doubt about that. But I'd like to think that you learn things from every experience...

No matter what the circumstance, it's something that's learned from, an experience. ;)

Signature

hikarikaiba

Sir Mokona ^^

There is a philosophy that says you should do things because you want to, seeking the means rather than the goals....because the goal you could never reach, or in the case of love it could be lost, and in the end you only have what you did, and if you didn't enjoy that, well...was it really worth it?

So....my point is that it's better to love, everything has an end...you have to enjoy what's between the beginning and the end, this could apply to life to....better to live and die, than....not living at all <.<

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

It's better to love and lost than to never love at all. If you love at least once than you will at least of experienced the joys and sorrows once. But if you never love than you will never get to see just how great love can be and experience its complications.^_^ :) :D :pacman:

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

I think it's better to love. Can you even call yourself a human when you don't know what love means? I don't think so.. Besides that, is it really possible to avoid love?^^

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Man hard question.... But I'll go with its bettet to love.

Luminous85

Luminous85

Starlit Memories

You know what?! This reminds me of the story Momiji told in Fruits Basket!

Quote by Momiji from Fruits Basket
"I want to live with all my memories, even if they're sad memories, even if they're memories that only hurt me, even if they are memories i'd rather forget. If i keep them and keep trying without running away, someday, someday, I'll be strong enough that those memories can't defeat me. I believe that. I want to believe that. I want to believe that, because i want to think that there's no such thing as a memory that's okay to forget. I want to take that memory and hold it in my heart and believe that......

.....someday we'll overcome the pain and we'll have precious memories."

Signature

...............i'm uncertain on this. if my mom and me never loved my dad. and never saw him. my mom wouldn't have to cry or go into depression becuz of it. mommy lost the love of her life and couldn't stay in our old apartment without thinking of daddy. so we moved. when we dream of him we laugh in our sleep and we bring this huge smile across our faces. but when we wake up we see it's all fake and not true. and that he'll never come back.

i loved lamina so much that we made a promise to each other that we'll stay together forever and maybe meet each other and maybe even marry each other. and i trusted him with everything and loved him so much that i thought of him where ever i went. and thought of him everyday. and spoke of him to everyone i knew well. and sudden we break up and i was heart crushed. i got sad. i got mad. i got confused. i got depress. but i wouldn't of gotten any of these feelings in the first place if i just never liked him

"I must destroy the despair-night
To shine in Eternity's sunshine."

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.