Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Star Ocean 3? *gasp* YES! - Minitokyo

Star Ocean 3? *gasp* YES!

page 1 of 1 16 total items

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

After moving my PS2 < RIGHT > next to my computer, I don't think I'm going to move for a very long time. I think I'm going to play me some SO3 now...any and all SO fans, feel free to comment, talk, do whatever it is that you do, because quite frankly, I think I'll be away for a while playing this game...Cheers!

It's already lookin' incredible!

Signature

>> A d e s i r e to | e x p r e s s | myself. <<

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

oooooo.......Star Ocean changed......BIG time....i mean.....I've been watiing for over a year and a half...but everything is very different about it. Espically the PA system and the removal of the additional effects (Well more of limited it to HP, MP, Attack and Defense) Though graphics are nice.....I hate the fact that half the time the music is as loud as the voices, which doesn't help matters and makes it seem poorly done. Battle system is decent.... but that fat guy that runs around screaming "Please, spare me" IS SO DAMN annoying! I have seen him in almost every dungeon! I will seriously put a bullet into my TV if I see him again, so I better get another TV on hand.

Another thing I don't like is how you just start the game at a resort.. No background information, nothing. You don't know what their doing there, or anything at all.
Espically how he refers to his uncle as his 'dad', so wtf is with his real parents then. Just alot of different things they did that I really don't like about it. BUT! Its a huge change, and my love for Star Ocean in inifinate, so unless they have a god awful ending then I probably will continue to get everything out of this game > : ).

Signature Image

AlexRod

The ForeSeer

is it true that this game is huge and is on 2 dvds? i want to know if this game worth my money? cause the reviews i saw was 80%.

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Lol, if you're a SO fan, you should get it. Everything Cy has said is true, but yes it is in fact, on two DVD-ROMs. It's definitely worth my money so far. :)

Signature

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

Quote by AlexRodis it true that this game is huge and is on 2 dvds? i want to know if
this game worth my money? cause the reviews i saw was 80%.

Yes, it comes with two cd's. Those reviews weren't probably even complete... the game has only been released to the public for 24 hours.

I love it, I think it's a lot better than SO2. :) Addicted? Nah~! *Goes to play some more XD*

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

That review is a basic summery of what I've played, Ritalin. I've been an advent gamer for some time and I know how to waste my life in a game ^.~. Sides most PS2 RPG's aren't really that long, the big thing now is graphics and scenery. Thats the big focus, seems length in games has taken a sharp cut.

I just came back from playing now, yes, it is addictive. But to be honest they cut alot of some of my fav things (once again, this is my personal opinion.) Anyways they could of done a few things differently but still, once again the voice acting needs work =/ You know I was expecting ALOT better out of SquareEnix, since Star Ocean Second Story (Since they never did make a SO2 ^.~ They've all just been Star Ocean, and yes I am anal about certain things) sucked royal ASS with the voice overs. I mean, I got all the damn endings in so:ss and that was the biggest bitch in the world to listen to Claude or Rena talk constantly, so I ended up listening to music and just muting the game. > : ).

My review was to give my thoughts on the game, you can get a feel for the game and how it'll be just by starting it, you don't need to play the whole thing through, its not like a movie. I was also stating the differences I've noticed thus far, NOW if it was plot, that'd be a different story, since I'm only about to meet the Queen. So I'm not really that far @_@.

Signature Image

h2dz

h2dz

h2UNDERGROUNdz

lolz.. sounds interesting.. ima try it.. *takes notes on all the stuff that Cy said*.. hehe ^^;
*runs away and plays the game* XD

giving it all away...

hmmm.. sounds kewl... luckily i dont have a xbox...lolz

Time.... can do anything.. from mending wounds to destroying things.... surely time is powerful... but time can't change one thing... that is destiny..........

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

lmao, Star Ocean Till the End of Time is for ps2... lmao =P.

Squaresoft and Enix have only touched JUST Nintendo and Sony systems. I'd be VERY shocked honestly if they ever did make a game for the X-box.

Signature Image

sword

sword

wuzzahh

weeeeeeeeeee i've been playing so much of it for the last few days . i just spent 2 hrs charting out how i should approach the private actions so i can get as many scenes as possible (since i scrwed up in the beginning and cant use the guide). so far i found out a way to get all the girls but none of the guys - xD

sword

sword

wuzzahh

woops double

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Yeah...The PA system is so messed up for me, you just enter a town and you can engage in one, but then again since they went back to the original map method that the first one had I suppose it works, but still hot damn it sucks. Yeah, Fayt(or is it Fate....O.o) 'snapped' and now I'm in this holy temple place, can't remember it cause I've been replying to so many things to catch up and I've been doing Tales of Symphonia as well so my brain can't take it. Anyways I'm there trying to stop these people from taking this Orb, as for the PA's....well lets just say I'm gonna get a feel for the game before I really abuse the PA system > : )

Signature Image

diminhish

Lunar Waltz

Get a Toilet built into your chair. My turn to play.

Well Gamespot gave it a 7.9 and IGN gave it a 9.0 :\ I think I'll wait for KH2 and FFXII next year. There's a lot of other games comin out this year that would be better for me like MGS3, GTA SA, and Jak 3.

Signature Image

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Oh it's worth it brothermarvin...well to me at least. Screw Gamespot. I lost faith in GS when they started giving a bunch of BS a while back, and turned to IGN, but they're OK in general too. Just my 5 cents.

Signature

Well, I played this game long time ago in Japanese version. It's battle system, graphic and music are just great. However, if you want to compare its story line to SO2, then I would said SO2 is better.The story gets kind of loose as you enter the second half of the game. But I would said just the first half of the game worth the money already.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.