Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Problem with bandwidth thieves - Minitokyo

Problem with bandwidth thieves

page 1 of 1 5 total items

I've got a problem with someone hotlinking to one of my websites... I just know the very basics about HTML and was looking for suggetions/help about how to put a stop to this. The best thing I could think of is the embarassing "I'm a bandwidth thief" picture when someone hotlinks... but I need a little help with how to do that. Any other suggestions? I'd appreciate the help.

if you have CPanel...just enable HotLink Protection and it gives you the options for "I'm a Bandwidth Theif" ..(just make the image)...

icom158

Make sure you use a small gif file for the image, because that's still bandwidth.

The simplest way is to change the name of the file they're hotlinking to something else, and then drop in a little 3 or 4kb gif or low quality jpeg (in black and white to keep it small) with the name of the original file.

Filter file requests based on refferer. If the referer is from within your site send the proper file, otherwise send a small image with the bandwidth their message.

You'll find plenty of hotlink protection guides on the net, so start with on of those.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.