Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Capping on internet, good/bad? - Minitokyo

Capping on internet, good/bad?

Do u have a cap on your internet at home?

Yes
1 votes
No
3 votes
Huh? Whats that...
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

VindicatoR

VindicatoR

Greato!

Hi
I was just wondering if anyone out there has a good reason for a person's internet too be capped.
Capped meaning u can only download a certain amount of GB before they cut you're line or drop you're connection to dial-up speed or lower and restrict from where u can download information. (I think this applies for International Bandwidth, which is 99.9 percent where I download from)
In my opinion I think it's useless.

I'm using a 64k ISDN dial-up internet at home right now.
And I'm only online from 7pm till 7am the next day and on weekends its from 7pm Friday till 7am Monday morning.
And I can download like 4+gb in a month on my ISDN.
This is done by playing online till like 22:00-23:00 and then starting a download which would go till the morning before I disconnect.

K and now I can get myself 384k DSL for just a bit higher price, but I end up with a 2GB cap, if I pay more YAY! a 3GB cap and so on... and then u get like this unbelievable price for UNCAPPED but it's ridiculous.
K some of this info might be a bit out dated but it would be somewhat in the same line.
And the scary thing is you can do this in like less than a week.
So what can i do the rest of the time... NOTHIN.

So as it seems for downloading purposes using my ISDN would be a better choice.
The main thing I want to know is, does anyone here know a good reason for capping to exist.

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

i think capping is done mainly to reduce stress on your ISPs servers...or to conserve bandwidth....not really sure as i don't have a limit

Signature

yeah exactly. My ISP doesn't cap so I can download all I want woo lol

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

In all honesty, I'd rather have the net speed adjusted to something that would ensure a non-capped line instead of having ludicrous speeds with a limit placed on it.

But my line isn't capped anyway, so it's just a matter of me throwing in some random change. ^^

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.