Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 messed up subbings? - Minitokyo

messed up subbings?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

messed up subings?
when you are watching an anime...
then the subings are al wrong...
and you know about it and cant do anything?
doesn't it get fustrating?

i get pissed sometimes at it...
as it "disfigure" the part of the show....
and if it is at the climatic part...
i would get angry...>_>
hahahs... but for awhile...
how about you? qould you get pissed because of messed up subings?

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

can't really help it. if it's a fansub you should actually be thankful to the people who subbed it even though it's crappy because they took the time to sub it.

Signature

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by DanTheGreatcan't really help it. if it's a fansub you should actually be thankful to the people who subbed it even though it's crappy because they took the time to sub it.

agreed. at least they fansubbed it. it takes a lot of work and time to fansub.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

This one Trigun collection my friend lent to me was subtitled in China, so some of the words are off, or letters are missing... my friend should really stop buying things from the Internet...
Well, at least it's there!

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

lacusxxclyne

lacusxxclyne

~JUst SmilE & Ill BE FinE~

yea you must grateful to them to have thought of subbing it for all.... lol though not perfect but still can you understand the anime without it?

Don't download it if you think that their translation is bad.
But if you bought it, then it really sucks.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

at least than you can understand..! ^^ haha.! ^^

*sakura-chan*

Signature Image

People might go on about 'all your base' but I've seen some subs that are way worse than that.

Of course when the subs aren't English thats when things start getting irritating.

I get alot of anime that are usally subbed bad thats why i looked into each subbing group now and pick the best ones. Some times you get an anime like Jyu Oh Sei and they keep saying your going to become Jyu Oh Sei and raise to the top and on other subbings they will say Beast King.

But these people put alot of time into th esubbings and i respect them all. Just look into all the diffrent group's if your not happy with the current one you have.

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

If you end up with bad subs, chances are that you bought a KO (sometimes a really bad one). If it's a decent one with minimal typos or screwups, no biggie.

Personally I'm happy with fansubs (ex: The Triad, Anime-Empire, Static-Subs), since their translated subs are accurate most of the time (ex: Yakitate! Japan and Mujin Wakusei Survive).

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

My FMA the movie DVD has really bad subtitling. I bought an original from AnimeTech . Since many can get confused over the difference between 'I' and 'he', i didnt like it. I know the person is most probably not a fan of the anime but i am one. Another thing is that some people are so lazy, they actually directly translate Japanese or Chinese Subs to English. The grammar turned out all wrong! There are times it doesnt make sense but i cant somehow make out what it is. Fansubbers on the net however would walk the extra mile to ensure high quality and very accurate translations. So what to do? Support anime by buying original and download fansubs.

some fansubs do a pretty bad job, HK dvd sets from china have notoriously bad subs. Heavy Metal L gaim, Mobile Suit Gundam, and Gaogaigar come to mind immediately.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

Quote by pn0yvstyle

Quote by DanTheGreatcan't really help it. if it's a fansub you should actually be thankful to the people who subbed it even though it's crappy because they took the time to sub it.

agreed. at least they fansubbed it. it takes a lot of work and time to fansub.

i never get problems with fansub before. not untill now, and i hope i won't. but i did watch some of DVD bought from the store are bad. Initial D for example. it's really pissed me off.

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

hahhs...
i get pissed off many times
eg prince of tennis the movie
the typed seigaku as aoigaku!
like-.-"

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Yes, I always get frustrated at the wrong subbings. I bought a movie called Silent Hill in China for $10, but it doesn't even work properly. T_T

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

Yeh I recently bought these Naruto discs; it was so cheap it would have been a shame to put them back on the shelf. But it's one of those straight-out-of-Japan versions and the subs in some parts were so ...wierrrd! There were parts of Neiji-Naruto's Jonin exam battlescene that weren't subbed at all, and in those particular episodes, they spellt Neiji "Ninji" - and I don't care if that is the proper spelling from Japan, it's pronounced different here, looks too much like "Ninja" and totally threw me off.
LoL. But hey I've seen the fan-subbed versions of those eps anyway so no big deal. Still frustrating though ><

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

I'm just thankful that there are people nice enough and enthusiastic enough to fansub the anime we love. Sure, I was first a little irritated ("pissed" is WAY too strong of a word to describe it) at first, but I realized shortly after that I should be thankful.

So don't hate---appreciate! XD

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

Not really. I think it's funny sometimes.

I think it's absolutley hilarious the wasy the write things. A second ago I was watching Samurai Champloo and The subtitles say The guy are somethin somthin You can't really help but laugh

merged: 08-06-2006 ~ 08:47am
it's supposed to be way. guess I can't really say anything can I?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.