Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Playstation 3 compatible with the PSX memory cards? - Minitokyo

Playstation 3 compatible with the PSX memory cards?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

I have a question since the PS3 is almost at its release and I'm deciding to trade in my PSX for points, I want to be notified of one thing before I make this decision, will this PS3 system beable to accept the regular PSX memory cards(the ones that stores blocks)? I need to know because I am not going to trade in my PSX if the PS3 doesn't have a slot for memory cards. Since most of my beaten saved files are on memory cards. I already know the 20gb version doesn't have compact flash, memory stick, etc capabilities but the 60gb does so I was wondering if the 60gb is capable of memory cards?

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Hm....good question. Well, I realy dont know, but did you try to see the features of the PS 3 and compadability is on the net? Or any useful info of PS 3 on the net?

Signature Image

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

no the specs don't tell me anything it doesn't say anything about memory cards, so i was wondering if its a mistake left out on the specs

zuuti

zuuti

life is unexamined to me

i think ther are becuz the ps3 will be playing ps1 and ps2 thats all i now of try giting ther site or got to www.ign.com thy will trll u about it hope that help's

The PS3 has no slots for PSX/PS2 memory cards. However it is predicted that there will be some kind of USB adaptor.

Currently to play your older games on PS3 means you have to start your game over as there is no current way to import your save files.

I heard talk of a device that wouldjack into the PS3 that has PSOne memory card slots, so here's hoping it will hold true

I'm already dreadding the number of devices that are going to be hanging from the USB ports of the average PS3, but the sounds of it you'll need a hub.

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

well this is a shocker...........*sigh* its weird.................Techinically they should have slots for memory cards..........I mean why would sony want ppl to play all their games all over again......after their hard work.....>_< I'm sure i don't want to replay my rpg games....takes hella long if you want to get every item >_<

Quote by JC206I mean why would sony want ppl to play all their games all over again......after their hard work.....>_< I'm sure i don't want to replay my rpg games....takes hella long if you want to get every item >_<

... Why are you even worried about backward compatibility if you never have any intention of playing those games again? Even if you play the game perfectly, get every item, max every stat, acquire every skill, defeat every boss, and then beat the game... that is it. Few RPGs have a new game+ mode or unlockable features, so there is no real use for those clear files anymore, other than being a log of your play through, which serves no practical purpose.

Also, why on earth would you trade in your PSX? The amount of money you would get for it is miniscule, and there may be unforeseen issues with certain games, as some models of the PS2 had trouble with certain PSX games. I never sell any of my consoles, or any of my games, and I don't see why anyone should. When I was a kid I sold Suikoden II for a measly $70, and I have never been able to get my hands on it again. I am STILL kicking myself. $70 is nothing... a fraction of what I earn in a day, I can't believe I sold it ><

Be very careful what you sell, you never know when you may want/need to use them again.

There are plenty of games where you wouldn't want to start over, plus what if you hadn't finished some games.

Sure I'd replay some of my games, but I'd also want to keep my old saves too.

Yes but only con adapter

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.