Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Magnetic Fields Can Make Computers 500x Faster - Minitokyo

Magnetic Fields Can Make Computers 500x Faster

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

New nanotechnology used to create magnetic fields may make our computers 500 times faster.

This is the article.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

Wow wow. That's tech-breaking news! I thank you Yu-Huang-san for sharing it with us !

However, it is really interesting and i was in wonderment when i read about it and was intrigue on how the scientists would really tackle this problem about heat. Thank you again Yu-Huang-san for sharing it with us. You have a great day ! This article lights up my insight more on my harddisk lots. =D

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

that is intense. but how much...

Only 500x faster?

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

hey thanks for sharing it with us.. :)

Signature

:Shitsuren no shinfon? :

Wow It's incredible but how can I make magnetic fields and how large?

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

Don't magnetic fields fuck up my hard drives, or mess with the sound in my speakers?

Only when they're ridiculously strong. Hard drives are magnetically shielded, and in fact have a pair of very strong rare-earth magnets inside that are used to move the heads across the platters. Speakers also have heavy magnets built in to the drivers that move the cones to generate sound. The only way these two devices would be suceptible to a magnetic field is if it were much stronger than the Earth's ambient magnetic field and very close to either device. If you are using a CRT monitor, you'll likely see some nice colour distortion from the tube being affected by the magnetic field long before it affects either your speakers or hard drive. Even then, the magnetic fields we are dealing with in this case are unlikely to be any stronger than those already present in your computer system (every piece of track, wire and solder carrying current will be generating their own little magnetic field).

haha, at first i thougth you meant, by putting your computer by a magnet, it makes it run faster by 500x. lol.

Quote by azndragonzhaha, at first i thougth you meant, by putting your computer by a magnet, it makes it run faster by 500x. lol.

good thing you didnt use a magnet then eh? else u wouldnt be using MT for a while... ^_^'

well.. magnetic field huh?

technology realli must be evolving rapidly. recently i just came across an article about light-based computers. As in, instead of sending electricity, engineers have worked out a device that could manipulate light signals and thought that it would be great if they can incorporate it into computors.

considering light travels at the universal speed limit... i reckon this might actually be faster than magnetic fields?

and the thing about nanotechnology creating magnetic fields to increase speed... sounds tricky to me. =D

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.