Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What does a 5-star hotel mean to you? - Minitokyo

What does a 5-star hotel mean to you?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

What service quality and facilities do you look for in a 5-star hotel?
What are the most frequently used facilities in a 5-star hotel?
What do you think are the key elements in a 5-star hotel?
Should 5-star hotel have at least one restaurant on the top floor?
What are the hotel brands that you consider as 5-star?

As this is related to my job in hand, any comments are welcome.

Thank you very much.

^_^'

I've had an oppurtunity to live in a 5 star hotel but not taken it up.. But here goes.

In a 5 star hotel, you'd look for prompt service from the porters to the bellboys to the reception on the Ground Floor. You'd have the grand ballroom in a 5 star hotel, along with a fine view overlooking a golf course or the city skyline (for me, I'd prefer the golf course, even if I don't know how to play golf...).

The other service I'd expect to be excellent is the politeness of the staff working, and that the rooms are maintained in an immaculate order. Or can be cleaned in as best as possible a way. Hehe..

A 5 star hotel may also have a swimming pool, most likely outdoor, some I remember have a buffet at their cafe/restaurant. The food that is served at the cafe/restaurant must ensure freshness and goes according to fine quality.

A 5 star hotel needs ambience as well. Otherwise it would just prove to be just another drabby hotel. It must offer a feel of grandeur and comfort. Or else there's less chance in having potential hotel customers staying.

5-star hotels do not necessarily need a restaurant on the top floor in my opinion, although that is my opinion, I would say it depends on how tall the hotel is and where in the world you are situated. Where I come from, the 5 stay hotel I know of isn't that big, and the top floor resides the country's most expensive suite... Or something like that.

Key elements to me are Service to the Customers, Politeness, Eagerness of the Staff Members to Work along with Enthusiasm, Promptness of the Porters if they are called for (not everyone would want a Porter to help them, mind you...), well maintained rooms, if possible as immaculate as it can be, from the carpetry, to the bathrooms to the TV and airconditioning and wardrobe.. Spacing in the rooms is also crucial, it cannot be cramped.

5-star brands to me... Well, I hardly stay in hotels since I hardly stop by and sightsee (still a young kid).. Been a long time since I last stopped in a country to eat and enjoy the tourist attractions.

I'm just a young kid still, so what I may ask for here may result in the place running at a loss. Hehe.. me and my wishful thinking..

Sorry its not that organised.. but hope it helps? :)

Krawczyk

Wzwejtes

Hahaha, Panda, I doubt you've stayed in one if you think that they would be running at a loss there! Possibly if you stay at the absolute-cheapest room, and only use the free things, but they more than make up for that with what they charge on the top floor suites!
Personally, since I'm quite independant when I travel, I only stay for a night or two, to abuse the laundry service. I do most of the other stuff on my own, even if they give you your own butler. (which some do.)
That's an odd 5-star you live by though, usually they're quite large so they can entertain for giant company parties, a diplomatic engagement, or something similar. Do you remember the name of that hotel?
If you wanna see a real wild hotel though...d'ya got cable? Every now and then they run a special on the Travel channel about the Burj al arab.
omg, so going there. Better save up, rooms start at $800. I'd arrive there by 1 AM to sign in so I could really milk my days there for all they're worth. Amazing!
See these fountains here for instance? Using a similar process to the one used for filtering light into a laser, they make solid lumps of coloured water leap back and forth through multiple tubes at the base of the fountain. Wow! Nope, those aren't arches at all, they're jets of water leaping back and forth taken with a high-speed camera.
Oh, guess where the tennis courts are?

A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in wine.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

The biggest advantages a 5 star hotel has are its people, facilities, and services.
The people should be prompt, polite, enthusiastic, paying attention to details, well-trained, and almost totally (this is still a business to make money after all) customer oriented.
The facilities should be well maintained, maintenance should be performed in an unobtrusive way whenever possible, and well cleanliness is next to godliness. As to the types of facilities; gyms, spas, restaurants, and site themed attractions top my list.
Services should be wide ranging, adaptable to specific needs (again when possible since surfing and other activites are probably not for most people with handicaps although there are a few people out there that basically give the finger to their disabilities *hats off to them*), and handled by well trained personnel.
To me this is what makes a truly good 5-star hotel

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I was in a 5-star hotel while i visited New York this summer.....wow....i have never been more taken care-of in my whole life then while i was there....I could litterally call the service desk and have them fluff my pillow while i was laying in it, and they would send up a bell hop and they would fluff my pillow. I also ordered my 7 am wake up call to be sung to me I shit you not, and they did it XD Plus i would have to say that it had some of the best food i've ever had up until i had bbq'd koala in Australia....DEATH TO THE KOALA's ! X-O

??

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

5-star hotel = Way too much for my pocket book to handle! XD Meaning I've never been to one, but this is what I'd look for if I could afford it.

Elite restaurants that cost me at the very least $40 for hors doovers, huge rooms which look like the "white glove test" for dust has been performed on them by an expert white-glove-guy, room service and accomodating staff that's friendly, huge pool with a jacuzzi (oh, and one of those jacuzzis in the bathroom as well), if it's a large hotel a suitable number of elevators (encase there's a buisness convention going on at the same time - I've been in a hotel when an anime con is going on and it was nuts waiting for the elevator)and of course: a mint on the pillow of my bed. ^_^ Hope this is helpful as well as amuzing. :)

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

wraith11

wraith11

The Alfa Bloke

What do I look for in a 5-star hotel? Me, not working in it... :P

No, seriously, to answer you questions. If I was staying in a 5-star hotel:

Key elements/services (I reckon they go together)

-Friendly, helful and COMPETENT staff.
-24 hour reception with the option of a late check-out/early check in at little or no charge.
-24 hour room service
-Minibar facilities. Coffee making facilities as well would be nice.
-No charge Valet parking.
-Cable TV/Internet, movies on demand would be an appreciated addition.
-Gym and pool
-GOOD resturant
-A well stocked bar. Cocktails, wine and beer, and not just local brands either, some unusual stuff in the mix.
-Sense of occasion. This is very important. I should feel welcome and special, not just checking into another sterile sleeping berth.

Most frequently used facilities? Well for us that would be the minibar and valet parking. People often ask for a gym as well, but we don't have one... too small

I don't think there needs to a be a resturaunt on the top floor. A view is nice though. more importantly I think the resturaunt should have a pleasent atmosphere. Not glitzy and glammed up, but appropriate for it's surroundings. If it's a beach then open and airy. If it's in the country then a cosy ambience.

As for appropriate chains? I honestly think independent hotels actually do a better job. That said, Sheraton and Hilton tend to give people the idea of grandure. Though I'd like to note that neither got a 5-star rating last time I checked. I should point out though (and I don't know whether you know this already or not) but a star rating is not based on how nice a place looks (though it is a factor). It is infact calculated on what services are offered and to what extent they are provided.

Wraith 11

Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV - Heaven on a transaxel
http://wraith11.deviantart.com/

What service quality and facilities do you look for in a 5-star hotel?

I'd like those hotels wchich look just as good in real life as they do in their pictures. There are some hotels that look good on the pic but once you get there you find that the place sux, know wat i mean? As for facilities, a pool is always nice^^

What are the most frequently used facilities in a 5-star hotel?

Most frequently used is...umm... the bathroom! lol and also the rooms and restaurants^^

What do you think are the key elements in a 5-star hotel?

Good staff, nice facilities, good location, easy access to various tourist spots

Should 5-star hotel have at least one restaurant on the top floor?

Yup, just think of the view you can get from the top floor!

What are the hotel brands that you consider as 5-star?

Don't know, i've only been to a few hotels and i don't even remember the names >__< plus i don't get to do that much sightseeing now coz i'm kinda busy w/ college ^_^'

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

I can't remember what a 4-star hotel should look like, so 5-star hotel will be abit hard for me.

For staff, obviously I need the top notch and efficient ones. Like the posters above said.

Food, well, I was hoping that I have my food in my room, and then people would carry it upstairs for my second helpings. ^_^

I want a big widescreen tv with full global tv programs.

I want a nice gym and swimming pool, and tennis and golf course XD

Spa and sauna

Nice big bed

[joke] And I want some service for me at night with real hot women[/endjoke]

But eh, in the end, I'll probably be the happiest just living in a moderate 2-3 star hotel room or something. :)

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

thank you all for your valuable comments. really appreciated your time and your thoughts.

Seems that everyone wants a swimming pool and top serivces. I like the idea of a "mint of my pillow" by Elves, sort of give u home coming feel.

kawaiisakura2

kawaiisakura2

Sakura Chan

has anyone heard of a hotel in taiwan called taipei 101?

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
kawaii XD

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

Quote by kawaiisakura2has anyone heard of a hotel in taiwan called taipei 101?

If you refering to the office tower "Taipei 101" then yes I've heard of it. If you meant a hotel named "Taipei 101" then no I haven't. But, I think I've heard there is indeed a hotel inside the office tower Taipei 101 yet I can't be sure. I know Grand Hyatt Taipei is nearby... in fact, I think it's just across the road.

I prefer Resort Hotels to any other kind of hotels. I believe that they have the best service and provide you with everything that you could ever possibly need. They usually have several restaurants, several swimming pools, a golf course, lots of activities to participate in. (Such as horseback riding, hiking, boating, etc.) The wait staff is always excellent and friendly. There are hundreds of people working at these resorts so there is never a time when you can't find someone to help you. Your room is always beautiful, even if you aren't staying in the best one. I love it when you have a great bed with a down comforter and feather pillows! That is a must! I travel a lot for business and we go to a lot of resort hotels because they have the facilities to host our conventions. The banquets and parties that we have are always a blast and the hotels do a great job of tending to our every need. Each one is different and usually has a different theme to it which makes it special. Different kinds of food, beer and wine all make it a special time too. So if you have a choice stay at a resort hotel! Hyatts are my favorite! :)

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Closed for another thread by you, on the same exact topic: What do you look for in a 5-star hotel?

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.