Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fate/Stay Night WIP - Minitokyo

Fate/Stay Night WIP

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

I've been working on this wallpaper for several hours.
I'd like your opinion on the wall and especially about the lighting effects. Haven't thought something about text as of yet, so if you have any ideas feel free to post :)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2585/fsnwallux9.th.jpg

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

About lighting, I'm a bit confused as to where the light source is. In reality there should be only a light source from one direction unless there are lamps and lights around.
I'm guessing the light is mostly from the right near the sun set... then I'd make the light patch just above her head a bit darker or more orangey to prevent confusion.

And if it is from the right hand side then the right part should be more illuminated than the left part (just slightly, not too much)- you could make this more obvious by doing so to the hair. The scan could possibly be a bit more orange or saturated even by a tiny bit.

Otherwise, it's pretty good :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

I made the changes suggested above [thnx :)] and smoothed Saber's lines a bit to blend her better. Still don't have an idea for the text though >.<
Any further ideas are welcome :)
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/104/fsnwalloz4.th.jpg

~Lao Tzu

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

humm...i think the contrast of this wall isnot enough...especially on saber's scan...i dont think that is saber sword then..but that's not the point, you should lighten the sword a bit so it'll be more attractive and looks better.
the castle stock looks so out of place, it's so unreal compare to the rest parts of the wall, you also should colorize saber a bit...she looks so dim to the whole image then except for her hair and face ><. of coz not the way as your first one but some color will make a great effect to look at the wall ^__^

btw, i luv grunge :D

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

I've had the same thoughts about the contrast but if I increase it even a bit, some parts get way to bright :\
I've done what I could with the castle and that's the best I can do with my current skill. It was way brighter than it is now and making it as it is was a pain :P If you have any ideas to improve, I could use it :)
The sword is black [I don't remember it like this in the anime though] so it would ruin the scan if I lightened it.

thnx for the comments ^_^

~Lao Tzu

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.