Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wii: A console worth buying? - Minitokyo

Wii: A console worth buying?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Do you think Wii is worth the money? I have read a review about Wii, and for me it sounds like a console worth buying. You can download nice nostalgic retro games with Wii and you can play online with others on Super Smash Bros Brawl (probably there will be more games than just SSBB you can play online on). So I was thinking, if you get all these stuff, isnt it worth buying a Wii? Its also cheaper if you compare it to the other consoles (but everything else will be more expensive, like handcontroll and other stuff). I dont want to pay around 750$ just to get a 5kg heavy console when I can get all the stuff on Wii for under 375$ (Im quite sure I have counted wrong as hell on the prices, cause I live in Sweden, and I dont know prices and that too well -_-'. Plz tell the right prices if im wrong. Thx in advance). And playing Super Smash Bros Brawl, Twillight Princess and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be wonderful. PS3 and Xbox 360 got the graphics, but still. Graphics is not all.

So what do you think? Is Wii worth the money?

Signature Image

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

In a word, Yes. And the Wii's graphics are better than the Gamecube's.

Also, because it is cheaper I think I'll get a Wii rather than a ps3 or 360. =)

Hi

ShadowWraith

ShadowWraith

Samurai of Deep Shadow

Dunno. Depends on what your used to and looking for.

If you're looking for good graphics then the Revolution (I refuse to call it the Wii) is not the way to go. It's graphics won't even be half of what the PS3 and Xbox360 can handle.

If you're going for gameplay though, you will probably want the Revolution. Unless (now this is a big UNLESS) you are used to the standard game paddle. Then you'll probably want one of the other 2 (I say Xbox 360, it's cheaper ;) ).

v Oh and here's why I refuse to call it the 'Wii' v

Note: WII is pronounced W-E-E or in other words:

Wii = Wee

"Hey mommy Johny's going to bring his Wii over and we're going to hook his Wii to my Wii and we're going to have fun allllll night. *innocent smile* :) "

Now if your child/sibling said that wouldn't you feel a little akward?

Our time is dark, and our world chaotic but I will not be made a victim of this world.....

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

You mean the next gen system with the low low price of $250 that's worth every penny.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

mintytwinblademaiden

mintytwinblademaiden

swords love me

Actually, you're wrong, they announced that it was going to be priced UNDER $250, but I agree, it's a system worth buying. Besides, have you seen some of the games they're releasing on the Revolution? They're awesome!

(I also refuse to call it the Wii-waaaay disturbing name.)

Aspiring teen fiction author

ElvishImmortal

ElvishImmortal

Spellweaver

Lol, yes that situation would be very disturbing -refuses to imagine that- To answer the original question, im my opinion, this IS the console to go for. Gameplay is smooth, graphics may not be that of the 360 or ps3, but hell, nintendo wouldn't be releasing a next-gen console if it didnt have good graphics. Also, for gamers worried about their health condition, using the 'wiimote' as they call it (not as bad a name, pretty clever actually) you'll get some amount of exercise in on your gaming day. Whether you are swinging around aiming at aliens in MP:3, or hacking away at enemies in Zelda, foot motion and hand motion will circulate SOME blood in ur system. Also, the PS3 and 360, because of their high preformance lvls, may be more prone to malfunctions or glitches or manufacterer's defects (keyword in that sentence is MAY) The Wii keeps it sophisticated yet simple, in-depth yet still user friendly. Of course, this is just an opinion and not subject to your personal views. If u wanna have more fun with the RPG's on PS3 (b/c we all know that the playstation consoles have the best RPG's) go right ahead. Have fun with whatever u decide to buy :)

I love how they say "under $250". Loosely translated, this means the price will be: $249.99. One penny savings, what a deal!

But, beyond that, I can't wait to play the thing. If they don't use the motion sensing effectively, it will be a flop, but if they push it to it's limits, the Revolution will be an excellent console. Unfortunately, I think that will be up to the game designer, and I can envision a few games with extremely frustrating controls.

And, of course, the reason I want to buy the Wii, New Smash Bros. It will be great if you can hook it online, maybe then I will be able to find a worthy competitor.

ether92

ether92

Missing that little Devil.

don't mind the price, just want a console that ROCK!

Signature
Hey... I was wondering, maybe after we die... will there be... cake?

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Yes I believe is going to be THE next gen console to have. Simply because everyone is a retro gamer now a days, and there will be so many titles to download from many different old systems.

Graphics wise, it's not going to be AS good as the PS3 or 360, but it will be close...and close is good enough for me.

No one seems to know that the Wii Remote, is NOT the only controller for it. In fact I'm not even sure the Wii Remote will come with it. They introduced a new controller for it, looks similiar to that of the SNES controller, but cooler with more buttons and features like rumble and so on.

Far as the price, hey if it's gonna be $249.99...I'll take it, hehe thats still better than $250. I tell you what, after I bought all the add ons need for my 360 I spent nearly $800 on it. I'm probably gonna buy the PS3 when it comes out too, but thats just me I like to own all systems.

Quote by ShadowWraithUnless (now this is a big UNLESS) you are used to the standard game paddle.

But nearly every console player is used to the standard game paddle (except the ones that just play on portable ones), so for everyone it will be day 1... except maybe the ones that are pro with their remote control ^_^ .

Well said poorer graphics haven't prevented me to enjoy Windwaker, to play with other to Mario Party, and Smash Bro... so I will surely buy the Wii while the other consoles don't interest me (there are just the FF games I would really like to play). Nice console, still affordable and stylish.

I'm pretty sure the Wii remote will be released with the Wii package since most of the Nintendo games will use this function, and it's for other games (less convinced editors ?) especially the retro ones that the minimal pad will be used... if the buyer of the Wii doesn't have some Game cube controller.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Hmm... *looking at his innocent smile* Urk, not so fun being a parent in that situation o.o. Quite disturbing hearing that XD

First I thought I would get REALLY negativ answers, but now I am sure as hell I want to buy that thing :D (its cheap too, and I have to... you know... not waste money o.o). The PS3 and Xbox 360 lives on its graphic, its like any other console but the difference is that it got better graphics and more functions on it. Its not really enough to get many new buyers. Revolution got something new instead, and its not graphics. I hope Nintendo will win this console war, cause they got something that can interest many new persons that havent been interested in Nintendo cause its so childish (and we all know its because of the name "Gamecube" -.-). Nintendo is far from dead, and Revolution will prove it :D

Quote by ether92don't mind the price, just want a console that ROCK!

Then Wii/Revolution is the console to get ;)

Many nice games, you can play for years when you have downloaded all the retro games (we all know that retro games are hard as hell, so you can sit for years even if you dont have MP:3 or any other game on Revolution/Wii).

I wonder if someone will post "No, its not worth buying.", cause everybody here have been thinking almost the same. "Yes, its worth the money.". Well, im happy hearing that ^^

Signature Image

No it aint worth buying IMO. I like Nintendo yeah but the games are too childish...I like Mario and stuff like that but they are too easy...games in general are getting too easy. I don't think I'll buy any new console...I like my PS2 and there are so many great games for it...and who would want to buy a Xbox360 or a PS3 for those prices when you can get a computer that can do a hell of a lot more for the same price.

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Quote by chore-boyNo it aint worth buying IMO. I like Nintendo yeah but the games are too childish...I like Mario and stuff like that but they are too easy...games in general are getting too easy. I don't think I'll buy any new console...I like my PS2 and there are so many great games for it...and who would want to buy a Xbox360 or a PS3 for those prices when you can get a computer that can do a hell of a lot more for the same price.

Haha, this is the best post to be honest ^^. Nice hearing something else than just Wii, cause to be honest, getting a computer would also be great. You should go for the computer, in my opinion its not worth buying PS3 or Xbox 360 (if the PS3 wouldnt be so expensive I would have get it. Sony is so so going down -.-)

Signature Image

why thanks lol...yeah I'll be getting a new computer...I should of never got a laptop -.- (darn non upgradable things) I think Sony is going to lose alot of business...I'm a big fan of the PS2...but god man lol $700 for the PS3? I mean the graphics are wonderful but man that's a lot of money...

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Yeah, 700$ for a console that got better graphic than PS2 is not worth it o.o. You cant do so much with a console if you compare it to a computer or Wii (Wii got after all many new functions, and PS3 cant do that stuff). Its more likely I will buy a Xbox 360 if I dont like Wii (but the chance for that is really low XD). The PS3 is so heavy too o.o

Signature Image

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

the wii graphics are pimped out i mean i was at E3 and noticed it s i tryed it. it's graphics were as good as the 360's but i don't know about ps3 i never looked at that but they said on reason the Wii is so cheap is because you know the feature about playing old nintindo games... well you have to pay for them (like $5 each) so they droped the price. and if you think the previwes represent the graphics most of the previews are of the Wii's video conection like the PS2 ITOY

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

$249.99 Nov 19.
Wii is a strange name, definitely. Nintendo has several reasons for their name.
1. It implies Fun (Whee!)
2. The name ("we") and the two I's imply playing with multiple people playing
3. The lowercase i looks like the controller
4. Needs no abbreviation
5. Works in any language
6. Distinctive
7. The French get a kick out of it (oui)

pentsive

pentsive

Rawr

I don't think i will be getting a wii. The only games i have seen so far for wii seem to be more kid orientated. I like the price of wii ($249.99) but i did not see any games so far that i liked for the system. The only games that are coming out are multi player games which you need more peoople to play(i don't have friends T_T ) So if wii gets more different kind of games then i'll definately get one

Down it Down!

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

For the cost of $250 and everything it can do, yea. I have a 360 right now and it's a total waste of money. I can't wait to play some games that are actually good on it.

Signature

Oh Hell YES!
Of course I'm getting a Wii. My friends and I are already screaming "WIIIIIII!" everywhere we go.

Besides being a loyal Nintendo fan and the thought of the VC (in which I can finally play all the games I've missed and can't find normally)

and the controller... gah!

*explodes from hype*

*not a fangirl at all, btw* XD

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Hehe, got some more posts I guess ^^' (my notification doesnt tell me these days :S)
Hrm, that was off topic. Anyway.

Quote by DarthTofu and the controller... gah!

*explodes from hype*

*not a fangirl at all, btw* XD

Ye, the controller is actually really interesting :D. Probably most of you already know this, but they got another controller for other kind of games and they have changed the design on it. It now looks like the controller from Super Nintendo, but the colours are adapted after the desing on the Wii. Its so much better than the Gamecube controller ^^
I cant wait to get my hands on Nintendo Wii :D

Signature Image

Quote by chore-boyNo it aint worth buying IMO. I like Nintendo yeah but the games are too childish...I like Mario and stuff like that but they are too easy...games in general are getting too easy.

Warning: The above may be a biased sterotype of Nintendo.
Why don't you just buy the non-childish games then? As for the easiness problem, there's still tons of tough games (esp. on the PC) try one of them.

I'm actually kind of skeptical of buying the Wii. It seems to be geared too much towards "non-gamers" (the "Mii" Channel is a bit corny (the avatars, that is), the Photo Channel, the Internet Channel, the Forecast Channel, the News Channel, and the Wii Message Board have nothing to do with gaming. It may cost a lot less than the other systems, but that just means it costs less, not that it's inexpensive.

I think it'll be worth it, and in Australia it costs way more than the US price (everything costs more over here). The way I see it it really has something for everyone, well everyone except graphics whores maybe.

Looking at the launch lineup alone it has racing, adventure (ZELDA!), platform, party, sports, and all kinds of other stuff. Throw in the classic games avaialble for download and I think anyone could find at least a few games they like on it.

The controllers are a little bit costly IMO, but games like Warioware and Golf only need one controller for multiplayer giving you plenty of time to save up. So far the most impressive thing about it is that I haven't heard anyone who played it say it sucked, most loved it and at worst they complained that some of the games were crap, and you can't expect someone to like all the games.

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Of course it is. I'm planning tu buy a XBOX360 and a Nintendo Wii at the same time. I loved F-zero GX.

It won't be an expensive one, it will have it's older brother's games and it's interactivity will be something never thougth of. Very cool.

The extras such as "Mii" are currently neccesary to compete on game's market. It's your and your games' live in the world. Also my fathers are starting to love it.

And I will buy it along with my 360 at the same costs that PS3 require, besides the horrible public image Sony's getting already.

Live for the Wii.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.