Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 asian eye surgery (double eyelids) - Minitokyo

asian eye surgery (double eyelids)

page 1 of 1 23 total items

what i've been noticing around my school is that there has been talk about plastic surgery. some of my friends who are asian girls started talking about these 'double eyelids' that they could get cut.

and so i did my research. turns out they make eyes look bigger and easier to apply makeup...supposedly looking better overall and making ur eyes look prettier.
what really surprised me was how many girls and even guys got them already in the east and how it's no big deal to get surgery nowadays.

i've also been wondering if it's considered plastic surgery? since there's no plastic involved, but just surgery even though it is manually changing the way your face looks.

if you're asian with a single lid would u ever get them cut?
and if you're not would u ever consider plastic surgery?
any thoughts?

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

The subject you started is quite interesting. You aroused two different questions. They are of dep concern.
I think that asian should not have the surgery becase they would lose the most typical trait that have and the reason that some are so pretty. I think this kindo of surgery is not a good choice since it's only provoked by vanity or some sad insatisfaction with yourself.
There are sometimes when plastic surgery is needed and there are sometimes that the surgery is important to make you feel better with yourself because some important matter, but I'm not sure that the asian eyelids are worth for justifying a surgery. I think that if such surgery is executed it can be considered plastic since "plastic surgery" is all kind of surgery that's executed to change some part of the body only because you think that it'll look better the other way.
I'm not into plastic surgery, only in the cases it is needed. I'd not like to chance things in me only because I think I can make them look prettier. They don't have any problem...

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

Darktekya

Darktekya

Anime Lover

One of the most interesting and also beautiful physical details on asians are their eyes. This "eye surgery" has no sense. I don't think that asians should feel "tempted" or "force" to do this. The true is that this change "destroys" a great physical detail of them.

Can sin be forgiven? Cloud Strife

I've always had relatively big eyes (compared to those "squinty" eyes >_<), so this surgery means nothing to me.

All the better for my wallet too. :)

Quote by CosmoStarThe subject you started is quite interesting. You aroused two different questions. They are of dep concern.
I think that asian should not have the surgery becase they would lose the most typical trait that have and the reason that some are so pretty. I think this kindo of surgery is not a good choice since it's only provoked by vanity or some sad insatisfaction with yourself.
There are sometimes when plastic surgery is needed and there are sometimes that the surgery is important to make you feel better with yourself because some important matter, but I'm not sure that the asian eyelids are worth for justifying a surgery. I think that if such surgery is executed it can be considered plastic since "plastic surgery" is all kind of surgery that's executed to change some part of the body only because you think that it'll look better the other way.
I'm not into plastic surgery, only in the cases it is needed. I'd not like to chance things in me only because I think I can make them look prettier. They don't have any problem...

true it's true that asians would lose their most typical trait and sinc im not a fan of plastic surgery myself, i am against the eyelid cut. but some asian girls want it cut to develop some self confidence even though there are other ways to do this...

NoirTsubasa

Nikkei

What's funny for me is that my family makes fun of my eyes. My left is double-lidded, and the right is single lidded. It's quite amusing.

Ore no soba ni ite kure, doko ni mo ikuna.

I think i will becuz I have one double eyelid and one single eyelid but i think this is not a plastic surgery i think, it`s just cutting line on your eye. But if it`s counted then i would rather not la, maybe i`m abit old fashion, you can become pretty but you are not the original you already. I dunno why, i just have this thinking that you go for surgery, you lose something, maybe you cannt keep what is given to you... I`m ugly, i also want to become pretty but so what, if you become pretty, more guy will be attracted to you? But are you satisfied? You get a bf becuz he love your face only after your surgery, I would rather stay ugly, beauty will one day fade!

reening

Black Passion

I have two eyelids already, so I don't need any surgery.

When there is a dream, there is a fantasy

FinalFantasyFans

Perhaps it's because I have two eyelids already, but to me this plastic surgery business sounds ridiculous, not to mention desperate. Especially when we are talking about teenagers. Young asians are pretty vain, but this is a whole new level. But I guess we're talking about america here. The idea of breast implants for teenagers over here in australia is still a controversial topic.

Doubles do look better, so if I had singles I might consider it. You have to admit, there is a BIG difference - & eyeliner does not work so well if you have singles.

You don't have to have plastic surgery - rather, you can 'iron' them on. Ha-ha it doesn't sound very good but it's not all that painful, although you do have swollen eyes for the entire weekend! My friend in China had hers done & when she came to Australia she told me it was worth it.

Make sacrifices for beauty girls! :D

- This Free Life Crisis -

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

well technically is it plastic surgery. plastic surgery is just a colloquial term for cosmetic sugery. since enhancing the look of one\'s eyes is a form of cosmetic surgery then it's plastic surgery.

though, that's not the point. the point is ew. i am 100% asian, and a pure ABV and i do, kinda, have "asian eyes" but that\'s only because i am asain. i see nothing wrong with my eyes, then again i have been told that compared with other asain girls, my eyes arent that bad. i would never even consider the thought of altering the look of my eyes to achieve what is deemed "normal eyes." i like my eyes the way they are; as a matter of fact, i have been told my eyes are my most beautiful feature and, i shall say this again, i am asain and people are telling my i have lovely eyes *gasp* what a shock.

besides, like with all surgical procedures there are risk involved. so why risk having something happen just for teh sake of beauty. i can understanding have surgery if it is going to help a person gain back physical/mental/socail health. but having cosmetic surgery? let me tell you someting, surgery is painful and looks painful. i have interned at the hospital in the surgical suit on several occassion and it's long procdures and pain-looking incision.

so yeah. eye surgery = no.

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

waa? eye surgery? i thought they all look the same haha
im asian and i have double eyelids..

foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten

Sentimental Daydreamer...

Quote by venicequeenPerhaps it\'s because I have two eyelids already, but to me this plastic surgery business sounds ridiculous, not to mention desperate. Especially when we are talking about teenagers. Young asians are pretty vain, but this is a whole new level. But I guess we\'re talking about america here. The idea of breast implants for teenagers over here in australia is still a controversial topic.

Okay, I admit I\'m pretty vain, and I live in north america, does that count? -.-\'\'

Well I\'m pure asian, have double eyelids and my eyes are relatively big already... I like how they look, and same for my body too, personally I wouldnt really go for plastic surgery in anything, I mean you were born a original, special, unique person... you should love yourself for who you are. ^^\'\'

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

The double eyelid surgery is a simple procedure that can, if performed well on the right person, make significant improvements to one's appearance. It's unfortunate that so many people around me and back home have gotten it when they really don't need it, but I don't understand why some people are so against it, as if having the surgery is violating some sort of moral code. @_@

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

himura088

himura088

~Smile

I'm asian and have single eyelids.
I won't change mine. Since you're born with it, we ought to treasure it. But if you think double makes you more beautiful, it's your choice...
However, a good character is still of the utmost importance I think..

I read somewhere that it\'s a craze with the East due to the West concept of beauty so highly popularised in various media like the television and the internet.

Whatever it is, it's their choice.. haha

Quote by unicorn2006The double eyelid surgery is a simple procedure that can, if performed well on the right person, make significant improvements to one's appearance. It's unfortunate that so many people around me and back home have gotten it when they really don't need it, but I don't understand why some people are so against it, as if having the surgery is violating some sort of moral code. @_@

Well, personally I'm against all unnecessary surgery, especially during one's youth. Call me traditional or whatever, but I reckon it's sad enough that today's youth are under pressure to conform with the latest trends, let alone surgically altering themselves for the sake of vanity. Perhaps it's because I was raised in a pretty conservative society, so when I first heard of double-lid surgery (from this thread), it sounded like a pretty outrageous stunt. I'm a firm believer in accepting yourself (the good bits along with the bad), because it's important for the development of oneself as an individual. If surgery like this is made available for teens, and becomes a norm, I'd hate to think what kind of a generation we will grow up to be.

i see no problem with anyone getting any kind of plastic surgery. granted, i don't think teenagers should be making those kind of decisions and spending that kind of money, but if later on, you find you've still got a feature that makes you truly unhappy, you might consider changing it. our technology these days has enabled many people to become who they want to be, and are happier for the change.

i don't think asian girls should be getting this 'cut' to "look better", or that girls should be getting breast implants to "look better". your lover or spouse or significant other probably was attracted to you physically for your own features in the first place! BUT, like i said, if you are truly unhappy as an adult, just be in mind it's a serious and (hopefully) permanent decision.

Aimee1991

Aimee1991

Aimee

what!?! how many eyelids are you meant to have?!? both of mine kinda folds inwards then back out so how many eyelids do i have?

for answering your question shall I cut my eye lids or something no why should I I'm happy about my eyelids :) -_- but I need some info about that does someone have a link if so send me a message pls :)

(PS: I'm not a girl lol i'm a boy :) -_-' )

i'm a double eyelids person, so i dont hv to do anything to my eyes lol.
plastic surgery is ok to me, but, in my country, they might not be accepted socially.

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

i'm double eyelids person... but i would prefer to think of surgery is only ecessary if a person really need it.
Either medically (nose ruined in a car accident or birth defect kind of thing...), otherwise if the person's self esteem is very low. If a surgery could improve self-confidence then i don't see anything wrong wth that.
Other than that... i don't see a reason to change yourself.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I was forced into it when I was a wee little baby... the double eyelids thing. Not my choice... ::shakes fist::
But I don't mind it anymore since it's become permanent.
But it's not surgery. I got mine with bandaids!

I really hate the concept though... It's given me a lot of stress over the years.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

I don't like this idea one bit.

One of the characteristics of the Asian race are their eyes. When they have this surgery, they take away one of the characteristics that defines them.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.