Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what do u do when your net connection is REALLY slow? - Minitokyo

what do u do when your net connection is REALLY slow?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Me? Well, first, i'll go and refresh the web window for about five times. If this doesn't work, i'll try to close and reopen said web window again. And while waiting, i'll just listen to any good music that comes up over my radio, or even again watch any anime eps I've already downloaded, like Naruto Episode 151 (HINATA forever!) or Bleach (Like the Opening and Ending of Ep 98 by the way;)

I go up to my brother and slap him. If not I spazz in my seat and slap the computer or laptop, whichever, that I'm on. :P

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Hm... I... sit and wait XD. If it takes too much time, I still wait and complain under that time :P. And while im waiting I turn on music (but usually that makes things worse so I dont do it too often XD). So yeah, I just sit and wait all the time O_o. Everything else makes it slow XD. Lol :P
~~~~~~~~
afaT

Signature Image

I go do something else in the mean time, yeah its annoying but I get over it, my computer is rubbish really, so I kind of accept it ^^

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

i walk around the house and find something that needs to be done while i wait

i curse, and greatly, cursing just about everything, even my cats and things like ants do not escape my wrath

Quote by Outlaw7i curse, and greatly, cursing just about everything, even my cats and things like ants do not escape my wrath

LOL!
poor cats... it's not their fault... XD

this day's i wanted to post a really big comment on a forum and my net connection crashed exactly when I pressed the submit button! Imagine how i cursed that time...of course, I didn't rewrite that comment...

My Latest Wallpaper: Midnight Portrait | My Latest Vector: Asuka

Use a browser with tabs, open all the pages/links you want and go away for a while. If you're not actually waiting for them to load it doesn't seem half as bad.

watch anime or go play some console

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

if its slow, i just continue to do what i normally do on the net :p

Signature Image

I get slow net for about a week every month cos we keep going over quota (40GB). Just don't learn to pace myself. Anyway, I usually get a game to occupy myself. So woo

for me, i play games or listen to music or watch anime...lol

ether92

ether92

Missing that little Devil.

I listen some music or start drawing some anime characters, or maybe start fighting witha little killing cutie, sometimes i just wait.

Signature
Hey... I was wondering, maybe after we die... will there be... cake?

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

well, I just wait playing solitario, the game that is included in every computer with the cards and that thing ^^

i reset my modem, router, and then computer. then i play video games.

searching for faith
in the stars of your eyes

keroandsuppy

keroandsuppy

Manga Freak~!!!!! Maniac~*

I reset my stuff first, and if that doesn't work, I draw and do stuff offline... and then I write the story part of a comic im working on... Or maybe I also go take a nap sometimes, when I wake up the connection is always faster!

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

I take my break time and go to the toilet.

You Get Hand-Gestured!

Check if any of my housemates are using bittorrent.

hmmmm... are you on dial up or high speed? it may just be the traffic on the site is slowing your computer down if it only does it with Minitokyo, though if its happening all the time you might have a built up of tem folders or tracking cookies in your internet history folders and such.

Erm... yea.... so i have dial up at home and because i live in the country, its really quite slow. Most of the time i have to refresh the page a few times for it to load completely... and when its just being stupid i generally open solitaire or pinball and play that for a bit, or go make a snack if im hungry, i also may bust out some homework and start that if theres a project that i have to do....
because my computer and i have a love/hate relationship.... i tend to yell at it quite often and lose the little amount of patience that i have... because it does like to misbehave. often

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Quote by TerraErkI get slow net for about a week every month cos we keep going over quota (40GB). Just don't learn to pace myself. Anyway, I usually get a game to occupy myself. So woo

ugh, i only have 10gb ^^; longest ive made that last is 2 weeks >>;

Signature Image

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

Whenever my computer takes forever to load something (occasionally), I just go and get some water or tap my fingers on my desk. If I opt for option #2, I may also sigh, rub my eyes or groan (seriously XD).

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

WooyaPooya

Fallen Member

If it's being a little b*tch, I usually give up and watch TV or read a book. Or just wait very impatiently.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I usually work on something in one of the other windows I have open, or attempt to work on homework (though, by the time I get my books for said homework, the site's most likely up, so the book sits, nearly unused, in my lap ^_^' ).

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

i do something else... like reading or playing guitar
usually the fault of the connection so i can't do anything about it

But do you know why kids like the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.