Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Elfen Lied really a good Show? - Minitokyo

Is Elfen Lied really a good Show?

Tagged under Elfen Lied

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

GloriaChan

GloriaChan

*-_Moments Of Love_-*

I don't think It's a good show because of art, story and character
because:

* art: I don't think that this design is good 4 a horror! In a horror there shouldn't be ppl with so big eyes!

* story: the story is not so original! (think about it)

*character: The same old ppl, a stupid girl, a 'hero' boy and the "other girl"

so wadd'ya think?

merged: 09-14-2006 ~ 10:24pm
because I always hear about it with comment like: Excellent anime, the best, great show, great story etc!

Quote by Gloria91thebestI

* art: I don't think that this design is good 4 a horror! In a horror there shouldn't be ppl with so big eyes!

You missed the point, the cross between cute girls and gory details is what makes it so popular and unique. It's not your everyday ecchi anime.

Quote by Gloria91thebest
because:

OMG, this has got to be one of the scariest and unnerving series I have ever seen. And I am not easily disturbed.

Yes, some elements of the anime can be a bit tiresome; I wanted to strangle Yuka constantly (by the way, are Japanese girls so insecure in general or is it just an Anime stereotype?), some of the character motivations are unclear and most characters behave irrationally (but we all have our moments).

I know are left wondering about a lot of stuff, but I've always blamed this on it being an adaptation of a Manga. Plus, an complete description of motivations and background stories is not really necessary for you to get scared; read some Lovecraft, for example.

One aspect that I would have left out is the whole romantic involvement between Kouta and Yuka. IMHO it was completeley unwarranted and I don't think it did anything for the story.

Quote by Lyro
You missed the point, the cross between cute girls and gory details is what makes it so popular and unique. It's not your everyday ecchi anime.

I agree that this is one of the main points of the story; a twist in the old 'wolf in sheep's clothing' cliche.

Anyways, just because it managed to upset me with the intence violence that it has (psychological and visual) it deserves my admiration. I believe that the creators achieved what they set out to do.

dMp

dMp

^___________^

i can't say it's good or bad because i haven't seen it, but i just know that there's an immense amount of gore in it from what i've heard, and i'm just going to say...if you don't like that stuff, stay away from it. i'll pass on this one though, i know my own limitations ^_^'.

I think it's really fun to watch (if you like gore and flying human parts) but it lacks developement if you conpare it to the manga.

well i can't really say i loved it but it was pretty good, but i watched it in english and the voices r so retarted....-_- i mean seriously, it was THAT bad. but it's not like it's a very "deep" story in the begining but towards the end, that's where the whole spycological thing come into place with the thing about being accepted....

merged: 09-16-2006 ~ 06:31pm
well i can't really say i loved it but it was pretty good, but i watched it in english and the voices r so retarted....-_- i mean seriously, it was THAT bad. but it's not like it's a very "deep" story in the begining but towards the end, that's where the whole spycological thing come into place with the thing about being accepted....

GloriaChan

GloriaChan

*-_Moments Of Love_-*

oh I understand, so Should i watch it?

Quote by Gloria91thebest
oh I understand, so Should i watch it?

Yes, you should. But be warned, you are very likely to get disturbed. Seriously disturbed. There is violence on so many levels. There\'s also some gore (well, a lot of gore, but compared to other forms of violence, it\'s not really as impressive).

Have fun!

BTW, there is a 10.5 episode, which I would actually leave out of the series. It is a sort of funny episode, and if I remember correctly characters are drawn in Chibi mode for most of it. I think this was the scariest episode of them all! :lol:

LastExil3

Noir

Quote by DoctorFateMX

Quote by Gloria91thebest
because:

OMG, this has got to be one of the scariest and unnerving series I have ever seen. And I am not easily disturbed.

Yes, some elements of the anime can be a bit tiresome; I wanted to strangle Yuka constantly (by the way, are Japanese girls so insecure in general or is it just an Anime stereotype?), some of the character motivations are unclear and most characters behave irrationally (but we all have our moments).

I know are left wondering about a lot of stuff, but I've always blamed this on it being an adaptation of a Manga. Plus, an complete description of motivations and background stories is not really necessary for you to get scared; read some Lovecraft, for example.

One aspect that I would have left out is the whole romantic involvement between Kouta and Yuka. IMHO it was completeley unwarranted and I don't think it did anything for the story.

Quote by Lyro

I agree that this is one of the main points of the story; a twist in the old 'wolf in sheep's clothing' cliche.

Anyways, just because it managed to upset me with the intence violence that it has (psychological and visual) it deserves my admiration. I believe that the creators achieved what they set out to do.

->Watch Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, it's excellent and will definitely disturb you.

The Characters are specially designed to build up the contrast between innocence and gore and to show, what harm the human's desire to understand everything is able to invoke.

sergiej

sergiej

Shining Thing

it's...cheesy. and overhyped. i think the idea behind the series was good but the final product... well, it didn't turn out properly. and as i said it's not sacry at all - rather cheesy and annoying.

GloriaChan

GloriaChan

*-_Moments Of Love_-*

I think so

You should watch Elfen Lied though I have to admit higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, is even more disturbing LOL! But they are both really cool horror shows! If that's the genre you like! Though Elfen Lied does have it's heart wrenching moments for both Nana and Lucy hahhaha so go check it out!

I thought the same about Elfen Lied before watching it. It was everywhere, and i mean everywhere - on people's avatars, their signatures, there were pages of discussions on it, nearly every wallpaper site had something from Elfen Lied, etc... I was getting disturbed from all the hype to because when i read the story and saw the pictures i thought: "Oh..the girl with two personalities, one is evil the other is cute as expected, two cousins - which means two candidates to defiantely fall in love with one (I didn't know about Yuka back then, the script just said "two cousins")".
I found the first chapter of the manga, the story seemed somewhat good but the art was bad, really bad. It's gonna be a little off topic here but i have to say this, no offences but Elfen Lied manga's art is not that good. I think it should be read after the watching it.

Anyway, then i thought...even though there are people who love and worship everything with blood and ecchi in it, this much of a hype MUST have a reason.

So, i watched the first episode...And it won my heart from the beggining: that opening song! It was inspired by Gustav Klimt's art with a song that fits the series completely. The first episode impressed me so much i decided to watch the rest of it, and i was glad to be wrong about what i thought before: It deserves all the hype in many ways. You should watch it.

GloriaChan

GloriaChan

*-_Moments Of Love_-*

I already watched the 1

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Not to worry. They DO give Lucy/Nyu some clothes, so that she won't have to wander around naked for the entire show. :sweat:

Interesting point from Shanatan. Actually, when I watch Elfen Lied first, I never think anything of it. Ok, I already watch the pic, and at first I just think "Ow, another that cute and romance anime."
But then, I just realize it totally a mistake. Ok, first thing is bloody. But if it's just bloody, I will just forget about this anime. No, this anime isn't just bloody or naked gitl thing. Watch my fave Ep : Lucy's past, and you will understand why I love this anime.

I shall die before it's all begin... for I don't have any future with me...

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

Quote by Gloria91thebestI don't think It's a good show because of art, story and character
because:

so wadd'ya think?

merged: 09-14-2006 ~ 10:24pm
because I always hear about it with comment like: Excellent anime, the best, great show, great story etc!

Outch..... Outch...

Okay i will answer:

1st, art: ITS NOT A FREAKING HORROR, it unites romance, drama, comedy, horror, anction and MOE. The big eyes were made for a reason, TO SHOW THAT THE WORLD ISNT JUST CUTE LITTLE GIRLS WITH BEAUTIFUL EYES AND PINKY HAIR, and that appearence doesnt show what ppl r.

2nd, story: They created a Moe girl, who has the power to DESTROY humanity, a god of a new generation. But, she doesnt do that, she chooses to die, to loose her love, not to do what her DNA demands. They Show why she became a killer, wich is, becuz of the ROTTEN HUMANITY OF MISERABLE PPL. They even show why the world isnt all flowers, and does all that with moe girls between, is just impeccable, the irony is amzing. They even talk about religion... If that isnt original, i dont know what is it.

3rd, character: The ppl r "old" becuz they r MOE i suppose? I already talked about that.
The girl isnt stupid, tell me, if in ur school u r excluded of everyone, get bullied by everyone all the time, u dont even have a mom and never had anything like it, everyone is against u... Not only that, when u get one good thing (the dog) they kill it in front of u, not mentioning about kouta who is ur love and betrayed u. You r the most miserable person u ever known. Tell me if u had a gun or the power to change ur life to a better way, U WOULDNT DO IT? THINK ABOUT IT.
Now the boy. Hes just the only person in the freaking world who didnt fuck with her, knowing her horns. And the anime doesnt show him like a hero, shows more like a principal character (shows him like miserable person too).
And the other girl? If thats Lucy ur talking about i already mentioned. If is Koutas Cousin ur talking about, shes preenching an empty space of the plot, the girl who knew koutas past, and another lover.

i think thats enought for now.
please, the next time u watch the anime, THINK. Otherwise DONT EVER WATCH IT AGAIN, IT IRRITATES ME DEEPLY.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Don't bump threads this old.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.