Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 "Add to Favorites" button moved - Minitokyo

"Add to Favorites" button moved

page 1 of 1 11 total items

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Well, now that the forums appear to be working again, I'll try to post this again...

Also, I wasn't sure whether to post this in this forum or the Minitokyo one; it is a feature request, isn't it? So I'm very sorry if I picked wrong. Please forgive my stupidity. :sweat:

(Randomly, why is there a flashing ad at the top of the screen that says "under 18 cannot click"? I thought this was a PG-13 site. o_0)

Anyway, the point of this thread is that a few days ago, I came across a wallpaper that I wanted to add to my favorites, and when I moved my mouse to "Add to Favorites" under "Options", where I had become accustomed to it being, I discovered that it was no longer there. Dismayed, I checked various other wallpapers and discovered this to be true for all of them.

Eventually (I'm a bit slow sometimes), I realized that "Add to Favorites" was now located under the thumbnail in the main frame, as opposed to under "Options".

Now, this I don't understand at all. I was under the impression that the "Options" section on the sidebar was there to present the user with all the options they had for whatever page they were visiting in a concise, easily locatable place. Having "Add to Favorites" moved to somewhere else entirely seems to completely defeat the purpose of the "Options" section.

I'd like to request that the "Add to Favorites" option be moved back into the "Options" sections where it most logically belongs; either that or to scrap "Options" altogether and move the view pages back to how they were in MT2 (I'd prefer the former, though), but not this odd halfway point between both that doesn't seem to make much sense.

Also, if someone could offer some rationale to why this move was made to help me understand better (because I don't want to just sit here complaining about it; I'd really like to know if there was a good reason), I'd appreciate it. :\

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

"Add to favs" used to be directly under the image. Then in MT3 it got moved to the options on the side.
I have no idea why it's bouncing around again though; Sheqel has been tinkering with layout lately so it may be an experiment on optimzation.
Also, I've reported the flashing "under-18" ad as inappropriate, so hopefully it'll get blacklisted off this site.

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

All right, that's good to know (about the ad). :)

Signature

goldenstaralpha

goldenstaralpha

Novice of Pixels and Pencils

I was also confused about the "add to favs" link move. And it seems that the download link under the options is also randomly appearing and disappearing while I browse. quite odd.

Signature Image

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

The problem I'm seeing is that the button is just GONE. Not in options or under the image. http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/253401/ is an example. This is amazing art but only has a few favs because there is no button.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

Quote by sailorchironThe problem I'm seeing is that the button is just GONE. Not in options or under the image. http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/253401/ is an example. This is amazing art but only has a few favs because there is no button.

There actually is a link under the wallpaper there.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Like Rella said, I can see the link just fine in that instance--the bug seems to be only with your account.

merged: 09-29-2006 ~ 08:36pm
Well, it appears that for the highlighted items at least, the button has indeed disappeared. -_-

Signature

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

but its only for a kouple items right? i noticed that for som of the host club piktures... an som hanakimi ones i think... so... do you jus look around the page for a favorites button?
m.i.a.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

hows it currently?

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

It seems to be working now... it's still in the same place, though. :\

Signature

goldenstaralpha

goldenstaralpha

Novice of Pixels and Pencils

I don't think its the browser because I tried 2 different ones and they both do the same thing. TEXT links randomly disappear and reappear.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.