Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Feature request: Bookmark, or placekeeper for browsing. - Minitokyo

Feature request: Bookmark, or placekeeper for browsing.

Would you like this feature?

Yes
2 votes
No
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I think a really useful feature for a lot of us would be the ability to set a bookmark or place mark in the main gallery that keeps track of where you last browsed. If you browse the main gallery once a day for instance, you could set a bookmark at the first and last gallery item you viewed, and then the next day you can quickly and easily identify all the new gallery items that have been posted since your last visit. It could be something like a page break in the gallery page or different color borders on the thumbnails, etc. Another option would be a gallery that only shows new and or updated gallery items since your last visit.

Right now I keep track of my position in the gallery by keeping a text document on my desktop that I rename to the ID number of the latest gallery item when I was browsing last. If I could just click that gallery item and hit "set a gallery place mark here" instead it would be very convenient.

Signature Image

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

I think that your idea is not that bad, but on the other hand, we humans have a great ability (actually, not just we humans, but a lot of so-called "lower life forms") that is called memory. While some have the 'visual' memory and others 'hearing' memory, i think that just by seeing the thumb of an art that you liked, will be enough to remember it.
So what i'm trying to say is that when you browse, in the newest submissions, you sometimes come across an art that catches your eye. Then if you come back another time, it's easy to set that art as a kind of mark for you to know where you last stopped browsing !
That's more or less how i work. Though i admit that this method has a few flaws (when it's been a very long time you haven't logged on for e.g.), i think it isn't really necessary to have a new feature implemented. Except if it's easy, in which case the MT surfing would be a bit smoother !

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

One way you can do that now (in a rather half-arsed hack-y way) is to set the gallery to display by date ascending, and then note what the latest number the gallery page is on (in other words, the most recently gallery page.) Then when you come back, you would just put in that gallery page # (or have bookmarked the page the last time) and you'll see everything from the last time you visited. (Along with some minor overlap... I did say it was hack-y.)

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.