Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 So who lied? (Elfen Lied) - Minitokyo

So who lied? (Elfen Lied)

Tagged under Elfen Lied

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

First things first. Was all that nudity really necessary? I my honest opinion, only a slight proportion of nudity was acceptable and the rest... well I think the script writers and anime drawers put it there just to attract a larger audience. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Well, here's the rest of the questions.

Question 1:
Who is Elfen and why did he/she lie?

Question 2:
Is it just the female Diclonius able to use the vectors or is it because Dr. Kakuzawa and his father just didn't want to use them?

Question 3:
We see that Lucy (Nyuu) is a soft person... who presumably does not have the intention to kill anyone [Episode 8 (16:04 - 17:46). It is not until the death of the dog 'til she kills the 4 kids. Then finally when Kouta lies to her, she bonds with the evil side of herself turning her into a killer [Episode 9 (19:50 - 21:07)].

So if she has a split personality then why is she not her original self when she's not the killer but rather the personality of Nyuu?

Question 4:
Why does Number 3 (a Diclonius test subject) say before she has her head blown off:

'Finally we meet... man from the other side of the glass. I wanted to thank you. Thank you.'

Episode 10 (13:00 - 13:26)

Question 5:
If Lucy was presumably killed [Episode 13 (21:49 - 21:57)] then who's the silhouette of the girl at the end [Episode 13 (24:07)? Also, what's the significance of the Grandafather clock [Episode 13 (24:20 - 24:26)]?

Question 6:
Why doesn't Kouta kill Lucy after she said to kill her if she ever killed a lot of people [Episode 9 (16:12 - 16:24)]? Also, why does Nana keep repeating 'I have to get home' before finally saying 'I have to get home... back to where everyone is.' and looking shocked?

Question 7:
Finally, Dr. Kakuzawa said:

'When Diclonius turns it's third year, it's true nature is revealed. As soon as they develop their vectors they turn into homicidal maniacs. From what we've seen, the Diclonius won't even hesitate to kill their own parents.'

Episode 10 (11:31 - 11:48)

So why hasn't Nana turned into a homicidal maniac?

I think that should be all... oh and who thought that the sequel OVA (original video animation) of Elfen Lied was pointless? Seriously, it didn't really add much to the storyline. To be honest, they should've just made a direct sequel of the same length or shorter of Elfen Lied. Though it may be hard, since the ending isn't really too open ended but they could've tried rather than giving us some irrelevant OVA.

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

hitsugaya18

hitsugaya18

Ice Swordsman

The title Elfen Lied is German for "Elf Song" (see Lied), and pronounced approximately [??lf?n li?t], although the correct German spelling would be "Elfenlied". In Dutch, it has the same meaning and is also pronounced [??lf?n li?t] and also spelled without a space.

that is where the name of the show came from and if you want the link where you can read the poem that was created from it then here is your link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfenlied

as for your questions nana isn't a killing machine because she was raised to be and has to ga against her "parents"

only females can use vectors yes men suck and cant.

nyuu is a more juvenile form of lucy as far as i can tell she is even farther back than the old lucy thus her powers haven't "awakened yet" because of the mind set of a girl younger than 3.

*spoiler warning*

the girl got to pass on the curse. as it has to be transmitted by a touch to a spot on the brain she did at one point pass on the mutation.

still spoiler

the person at the gate may not be lucy nut nyuu as the starting of the clock symbolizes her "start" or "birth" into this world as a normal human.

so that is why and i hope you like the poem because personally i loved it. enjoy elf song again when oyu watch it next.

Stop criticzing an anime if you dont even know the info for it..."Who is Elfen and why did she lie" he says...Are you a jerk or something?

And yes that nudity was necesary because you can only see what Elfen Lied shows not what its meant to show...Just like that jerk POD...

Answer 5 : when did you see Lucy get killed? It only shows her horn being blown away...You don't see any Lucy dying there do you?

Signature
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

Elfen Lied is a good anime.........with a strange name.............nonetheless good............

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

who's Elfen and why did he/she lie....lmao

Signature

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Quote by nedved11And yes that nudity was necesary because you can only see what Elfen Lied shows not what its meant to show...Just like that jerk POD...

Creep. There's some nudity scenes which I could have used an alternative method, thus why I said some nudity scenes were unecessary. So don't get all jumpy unless you're actually a pervert or something like that.

Quote by nedved11Answer 5 : when did you see Lucy get killed? It only shows her horn being blown away...You don't see any Lucy dying there do you?

Read my first post very carefully. I said 'presumably'... in other words an assumption. Think about it, why would the script writers include that scene if they don't want us to think that Lucy's dead?

Quote by nedved11Stop criticzing an anime if you dont even know the info for it..."Who is Elfen and why did she lie" he says...Are you a jerk or something?

See below answer. And will you quit calling me a jerk else I'll have to call you a creep.

Quote by DanTheGreatwho's Elfen and why did he/she lie....lmao

Good to see that someone got the joke! :D

Thanks hitsugaya18 for the answers! I think there's just one more to be answered... question 6, which I deem the most open ended question that's left to interpretation.

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

hitsugaya18

hitsugaya18

Ice Swordsman

answer to question 6: Kouta simply fell in love with lucy thus he could forgive her no matter what she did. nana viewed home at firstas the labs with kurama but at the end she viewed home as living with kouta lucy and the others. i hope that answered your questions ohh and by the by lucy didn't die her horn was blown off to show that lucy "died" btu nyuu was "born" enjoy next time you see it.

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Thanks hitsugaya18 again for the answer :D . I'll enjoy Elfen Lied a lot more the next time I view it since I'll understand most of the stuff. Once again thanks!

Signature Image

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

I didn't really get the story in the first place and thought that it was a gory anime, since in the first ep. there was already all the bloodshed and stuff. But somehow, at the end, the show kinda left an impression on me - a good one. I also wasn't sure about certain parts but it was great that some had already been rectified through reading zangetsu-san's thread. But i'm still puzzled about the most obvious question mark about who was Elfen and why did he or she lie. HAha...

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

Acctually, Elfen lied means "Elf Song", so nobody lied and one with the name Elfen Existed in the anime.....

Lolz!

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

Another answer to question 1 is like Nyu lied to Kouta about not telling him that she is actually Lucy even though it was not intentional since she cant remember. To Kouta, it can all seem to be a lie but like hitsugaya18 said, it means 'elf song'.

Isn't Elfen Lied pronounced El-fen Lead, not El-fen Lied (as in telling a lie)

Zyndarius

Zyndarius

Sage of the Five Paths

In my opinion the nudity gave a very particular taste to the series, something not seen before, that mix of ecchi+explicit bloody content, if i were you i should not be arguing against the ecchi side of the series, because that factor made it the piece of art that it is xD.

i mean the mixing of genres and all other stuff like ost, plot, char design, animation.

"Every spilled tear, feeds the roots, of a tree which the heavens will reach."

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I would agree that the excess of nudity in Elfen Lied probably isn't necessary, no. Given the... uh, general atmosphere of the show, however, I doubt you could call it titillating.

Anyway, here's my take on this:

Question 1:
Who is Elfen and why did he/she lie?

Har har. Incidentally, "Lied" is pronounced more like "Li-ed".

Question 2:
Is it just the female Diclonius able to use the vectors or is it because Dr. Kakuzawa and his father just didn't want to use them?

Dr. Kakuzawa stated that he didn't have vectors, but I'm not entirely sure he said that ALL male diclonius didn't. However, since those two are the only male ones we see in the show, I'd say probably not. Sexist, no? '_'

Question 3:
We see that Lucy (Nyuu) is a soft person... who presumably does not have the intention to kill anyone [Episode 8 (16:04 - 17:46). It is not until the death of the dog 'til she kills the 4 kids. Then finally when Kouta lies to her, she bonds with the evil side of herself turning her into a killer [Episode 9 (19:50 - 21:07)].

So if she has a split personality then why is she not her original self when she's not the killer but rather the personality of Nyuu?
Trauma/injury from the assassination attempt? Massive guilt when she sees Kouta again? Who knows?

Question 4:
Why does Number 3 (a Diclonius test subject) say before she has her head blown off:

'Finally we meet... man from the other side of the glass. I wanted to thank you. Thank you.'
If I were to take a guess, it might be because she got a chance to infect him, hence his daughter becoming a diclonius herself.

Question 5:
If Lucy was presumably killed [Episode 13 (21:49 - 21:57)] then who's the silhouette of the girl at the end [Episode 13 (24:07)? Also, what's the significance of the Grandafather clock [Episode 13 (24:20 - 24:26)]?

I guess it's because we are supposed to hope for the best and wish for her to live, which seems to be the general theme in the show; that there should be room in this world for even "freaks of nature" like the diclonius.

Question 6:
Why doesn't Kouta kill Lucy after she said to kill her if she ever killed a lot of people [Episode 9 (16:12 - 16:24)]? Also, why does Nana keep repeating 'I have to get home' before finally saying 'I have to get home... back to where everyone is.' and looking shocked?

Kouta might not be able to kill anyone, even if they would want it. Maybe you should ask yourself whether you would be able to actually end someone's life, even if they asked you for it? And don't just say "sure, I could do that, if that's what they really, really want".

Well, since the diclonius seems to be able to sense each other's prescense, maybe she felt something happening to Lucy. After all, it happened simultaneously with Lucy being attacked by the soldiers. Or someone might actually have come to meet her.

Question 7:
Finally, Dr. Kakuzawa said:

'When Diclonius turns it's third year, it's true nature is revealed. As soon as they develop their vectors they turn into homicidal maniacs. From what we've seen, the Diclonius won't even hesitate to kill their own parents.'

So why hasn't Nana turned into a homicidal maniac?
Because she.... isn't? Seriously, Dr. Kakuzawa said all that, and then, it's revealed that he's a diclonius himself. Is HE a homicidal maniac, then? Or is it just some propangandic talk to try and justify the actions of the organisation that rounds up and isolates all the diclonius from the world. Who's to say THAT isn't what turns diclonius beings into crazed killers. Or the constant abuse from their fellow man/child (much like Lucy experienced. And she was probably not the only one.)

And that, as they say, is that.

"Elfenlied" (lit. "elf song") is a poem written in German by Eduard M

i only read the first 2 sentences but the title of it is from another language which i do not recall, but i do know it stands for "Song of the elves" so the bottom line being, before you start degrating something try looking it up. Even just Wiki search it and it says in the first couple paragraphs exactly what i told you..

JadedGoth

JadedGoth

- Supercalifragilisticexpialid -

Elfen Lied -> Song Of The Elves.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.