Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Re-Take - Minitokyo

Tagged under Neon Genesis Evangelion

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Has anyone here read the Re-take series? It's an eva doujin.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Is it different from the "Angelic Days" series?

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

It's quite different. It's a doujin, so there's no real profit from it and it also has some hentai scenes, although it's not a hentai. But the story is really heavy; it's a very mature storyline.

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Huh? Is is a doujin for profit? Has Gainax sold their rights on Evangelion to someone else?

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

wah? where did u see that at? is it (what happens after) ?

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

To AWOL: Japan's kinda lax on copyright laws, so they allow fan to make fan created material (if stories its called fanfics and if manga its called doujin) and sell them.

To Leosama84: It was on a bittorent site, http://www.deadfrog.us/

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

I just started reading it yesterday, and it's really quite good--nothing like what you'd expect from a doujin manga based on a popular property like EVA.

If anyone plans to read it, I don't recommend reading chapter 0 before everything else..I did that, and it didn't really make sense to me. At least read chapter 1 before 0.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Haha, I would agree. Actually, never read a number 0 before number 1.

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Alright, by now I have finished the series, and I'll just reiterate that it's really worth reading if you;re an EVA fan, especially if you like the Asuka + Shinji pairing.

Also, from what I can tell, you're supposed to read chapter 0 between chapters 1 and 2 (I really wish they made this less ambiguous...=P).

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Well i'm a Rei x Shinji kinda guy and I still liked it. It's pretty cool how it takes moments and ideas from the original manga and twists them so they work in Re-take.

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Yeah, I'm surprised at how well it works in sticking to events that happened in the original story. For example, I didn't expect Kaworu to appear at all, but he did!

But I hope someone else reads it instead of just the two of us..

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Haha, yeah, or else it'd be a pretty dull forum

The order is actually 1-2-3-0-4 and apparently there is a "Re-Take After" though i haven't read it yet. Google Evangelion Re-Take and its not hard to find a few sites with rapidshare links.

i have the re-take after but its in japanese (cant read it) it actually has a very good story for being a doujin and the hentai is actually belivable (ahem) plus it has my favorite pairing.

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

I like it despite the Asuka/Shinji pairing:)

The story in retake was great, i really enjoyed it and it might have even been better without the hentai... although i suppose it added to how graphic the rest of it is.

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

But the hentai is a very small portion of it. You're right though, it does intensify things.

Hehe, Re-Take was awsome. I loved the Happy Pregnant Asuka...

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Don't bump old threads for a second time.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.