Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shinn, the victim of bad luck? - Minitokyo

Shinn, the victim of bad luck?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 1 of 1 20 total items

LoveBug

LoveBug

Prince Athrun

Shinn has trouble holding on to the women in his life! Fate, or sheer bad luck?

The first and most obvious instance of this, is his little sis Mayu's tragic death.

Then there's poor Stellar. Shinn promised to protect her, and, no matter how hard he tried, he just could not.

After that, he promised Lunamaria that he would protect her too, and I started fearing for Luna's safety ever since! Y'know, Shinn's built up quite a reputation.

Is Shinn doomed to lose everyone he holds dear, or will a four-leafed clover do the trick?
:D Let's hear your thoughts!

Member of The-Red-Knight

Haha , probbaly he lousy in it thats why not that his bad luck but he doesnt know what to do , even with a four-leafed clover he still would be bad at it but yeah i guesss soo , i think ill go with his bad luck ^^

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Well, he couldn't really do anything for Mayu. A stray blast from a mobile suit can't really be prevented, so that was bad luck I reckon. As for Stellar, again he didn't really have enough power to prevent her death.

But whats with those wierd options. Fate? How do you decide whether something was "fated" to happen or not, especially in an anime where the destiny of the characters is created by the producers. To suggest that he might be "doomed to lose everyone" is rather extreme. A better option would be whether Shinn is just too weak/imcompetent, or cursed with bad luck.

So to sum it up, to decide between your options, bad luck.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

LoveBug

LoveBug

Prince Athrun

Maybe Lunamaria will turn out to be his good luck charm! (I sure hope so, because Shinn doesn't need another tragedy in his life!)

Member of The-Red-Knight

Lariel

Lariel

[ Fallen From Grace ]

*starts laughing* no offense, but the title 'Shinn, victim of bad luck?' amuses me. Greatly. Yeah, that was what I was thinking. The lists includes Stellar, his family, Rey, hmm... who else? Ah well, maybe he IS an omen of bad luck. As for Lunamaria... ah well, maybe she's his fated soulmate? *swt -not a fan of such 'fate' and 'destiny'*

Signature
One day, when the time comes, I want to sleep among the flowers.

Bad Luck?! I couldn't call what you said as luck. It was his fate to go through all that hardship and pain. I pitty him for that. His sister's death was inevitable. People die in war and unfortunately Shinn's family were among them. Stellar's death was tragic but inevitable too. He made a promis that he, nor anyone else, could fulfill in war. About Luna I don't have any comments. Athrun and Kira made the same promis respectedly to Cagalli and Lacus. Nothing happened to them. I don't think anything would happen to Luna either. Unless they plan another pair for him! (How Ironical!)

There is no such thing as bad luck of that kind. He always had a choice so It was a bad decision on his behave. It's does not matter if other people influanced him he still made the decision in the end so was happen did true other the was he want. so it was not bad luck but a bad decision.

NO! I don't think so! its just fate! I mean he's made friends and he also was able to find himself a nice girlfriend!

Heh he may be the victim of bad luck and bad judgement

Signature

Shinn made promise which he can't fulfill, that's the fact. Stellar's death is the prove. But again, in war there's always a promise which someone can't fulfill it. About Mayu, well, can't say anything 'cause... it's too sudden. So about Shinn the victim of bad luck ? Hmm... well, Fukuda want to make Shinn like Camille in Gundam Zeta. But unfotunately, he failed. I can appreciate Camille's bad destiny, but for Shinn, sorry but no.

I shall die before it's all begin... for I don't have any future with me...

icEvangel

misunderstood and neglected

Well my opinion is that it was destiny. However, it was the War which affected his destiny, as well as his choices and decisions. "Pain creates sorrow, sorrow creates hate and hate creates grudges." That is one simple sentence which sums it up for him.

Well I think
1. It is Shin fate
2. Shin can't control his emotional (if he did not know the stellar inside (i forgot what that mecha) he will surely killed her and he obsesed to freedom ) because he only want to revenge (with kill anybody who stood in his line(enemy))

LoveBug

LoveBug

Prince Athrun

Fate seems to have dealt poor Shinn seems to have been dealt a terrible hand... But, as miyunofire has said, at least he found a nice girlfriend! ^_^

Member of The-Red-Knight

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

He is probably meant to be the opposite of Kira. Not a very happy ending for him in the end of his current life. He needs to face it, like me.

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

LoveBug

LoveBug

Prince Athrun

The opposite of Kira? That's an interesting way of analyzing it! I'll keep that in mind the next time I watch Destiny!

Member of The-Red-Knight

hope THat badluck-ness Of Him Dosen't ENd at THe Rate WHere Luna ALso DIe..^0^

Quote by shinn24hope THat badluck-ness Of Him Dosen't ENd at THe Rate WHere Luna ALso DIe..^0^

I really think Shinn deserves someone better than Luna. Although she's comforting person, I still think that she'll be a hindrance to Shinn's personality growth. It's very unfortunate that both Shinn's love interests evoked more negative traits in him than help him understand his mistakes. He was a pessimist character from the beginning, and those two girls -especially Luna- did not help change his point of view at all. Believe me, if a girl like Lacus, Cagalli, or Mirriallia had crossed his way, he would for sure develop just like Athrun and Kira. (Or even our naughty Dearka! :D)

HAHA!~ YAP~~ YAP!~ YOu're Right!~
luna is Like Shinn.. believing On What's their Friends think THan others WHo They Distrust who Seems TO Be right All The Time Like kira and Athrun.. SAme tO Stellar...she ALways Believing On Neo's Word Though SHe Knows It was All Wrong....
ANd You're right also In THe Part where Kira And Athrun had Change Because Of LAcus And Cagalli, they REally Had Got A Lot Of Trouble before because they Really DOn't Know Whom Will They belive..
poor Shinn.. I just Wish He fals In Love On Meyrin Than Her Sis....
HAHAH! ^___^

Mayu was tragically bad luck. Stellar was the logical end result of him falling in love with a powerful fighter from the opposing side. Sad, but how did he think it was going to end? At least Luna managed to survive the series - I think poor Shinn would snap completely if he lost another girl. It's lucky he didn't develop a relationship with Meer. ~_~ Although even though it wasn't a romance, I imagine he would have been pretty sad about Talia dying at the end of Destiny.

It's true that Luna probably won't evoke the same strong change in Shinn as Cagalli and Lacus did in Athrun and Kira, but maybe with a bit of help, they can find their way together. Luna will always support Shinn, so there's hope. Hopefully Luna can beat the Shinn Asuka curse!

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

Katah-san: Awww, you reminded me of that Talia and Gilbert thing, I kinda liked them...so sad that they died...T__T

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.