Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deleted scan - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

magiciangirl

magiciangirl

flowermiko a.k.a. MG-chan

Okay, first I hope I am posting this at the right place, because after looking through threads these seems to be the correct place. If it's not, I'd appreciate it if I could be directed to the proper area to post my request, since the message I received wasn't clear on where to go to.

I had an image deleted from my gallery, named "Holding of the Candles" deleted from my gallery by botchii. According to botchii, these were the possible reasons:

Quote: - The image dimensions were too small. Only scans with 1,000,000 or more pixels are allowed. You can calculate the amount of pixels by multiplying the width of the image with the height.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to, page folds, dust, noise, text or other markups on the image. Scanned images need to be scanned at least at 200dpi to conform to the quality demands required on Minitokyo.
- The image was too blurred. Only sharp scans are accepted. Please do not attempt to 'filter' scans in Photoshop, as this usually further reduces quality.
- The featured character was not visible enough, or unusable for wallpaper purposes.
- The scan was not 32bits in color. Only 32bit colored scans are allowed. Greyscale images are definately not usable for wallpapers.
-The majority of the image features either blank space, magazine text, or multiple under-sized images.
- The scan did not feature an anime-style image. See this announcement for more information: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/35992/

I went through the image and none of these reasons seem valid to make the scan be deleted. My understanding was that one could submit official wallpapers as scans as long as they met the high-quality standards of Minitokyo as well as be properly credited to the respective sites they came from. Both of these requirements were met. In addition I checked if the scan had prevously been posted in the Saiyuki Gallery, and it was not.

For the purposes of reference, here is a link to the image from the offcial www.minekura.com site
Wallpaper-scan

As I have another wallpaper/scan from this same source and it has not been deleted, I can't understand why it was. Please clarify this issue for me if there is something else that I am missing or if these was a system error. This is otherwise the second time I had something unjustly deleted. Thank you.

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

I've checked over it carefully and it was a mistake, so I've restored it.
When I personally check over scans, I take into account any borders or filler space (like the white border on your scan). If the scan would not fit the size requirements without the border, it gets deleted. I make these estimates in my head, so of course there's always a chance for error.
To prevent mistakes like this in the future, I'd advise you to trim off any borders before you submit your scans.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

The complaint appears to have been answered therefore the thread will now be closed.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.