Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Samurai Champloo Wall, any good? - Minitokyo

Samurai Champloo Wall, any good?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

No direction

Alright, that's my Samurai Champloo wall.

I brushed in some arrows, drop shawdowed them in the correct colour.
Drop shadowed the image.
Cel-shaded Mugen's red, Jin's blue and Fuu's pink to make them more prominent (took a fair bit of time)
Used a custom font called: "Spinich" to make the writing.

Any good? Good enough for submission?

Thanks for viewing :)

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I you are going to outline then outline the entire firgure group (left of Mugens). It looks a little unfinished with the characters only being partially outlined. I'd also try a few different BG colors and patterns. The baby blue does not lend itself well to the images

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

HeartFulSkies

HeartFulSkies

Being a part of you~

Hmmmm well i think it's a little errmm... empty? If you wanna try bg ideas, and since you're using arrows and whatnot, try adding stuff like abstract circles or something that would go along in this wallpaper's mood ;D

Signature Image
Admin of: Hoteru-no-Shiki
Member of: celestial luminesse | nugeneration | fye-fans | colorfull-wallies | wings-lovers | free wallers | vectory

want a userpage designed by me? Please PM me if you do :o

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

The hair outlined part (that green stuff) is a bit distracting and kind of lowers the quality down slightly (it doesn't really look too high quality, nor does it look "intentional" in the respect it's serving a purpose). The scan is also shifted a bit too far down.

You can also consider shifting the scan a bit to the left (but not centre) so that you can overcome the empty problem.

Hmmm. The arrows also have a different quality to the scan you have used. Perhaps you can make them more solid like the characters? This wallpaper will do with some good geometry (like shapes and stuff), even textures will do (even on shapes) behind the Samurai C. gang.

Just a bit of that and a bit more work will be fine and can be submitted. You don't have to fill in the whole bg, just make sure you've completed your concept a bit more, because it seems a bit raw at the moment ^_^ Nice work!

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Thanks for the comments guys.

I do realise the wall is a bit bland, but i've only been using photoshop for..3 days now.

I dont know much about Wallpaper composition atm, i guess that will come with time :)

/thinks of more interesting bg's.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.