Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Long Distance relationship: Will it work? - Minitokyo

Long Distance relationship: Will it work?

Long Distance relationship: Will it work?

Yes
19 votes
No
24 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 44 total items

in an ideal world... yes
in the real world... no
T_T

...but in some cases it's possible ...it really depends on the individuals

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

That isn't really a yes or no question. It depends on who is involved and their love and determination, and sometimes it depends on how far the distance is (though there are always more variables than that involved). That being said, there's no wya I could vote in the poll.

And yes, they can work out. Over the summer my cousin from here in Texas just married the girl he met in Arkansas a few years back. They both were very absorbed with school work and jobs, but they always made time (no matter how little it was) to call each other, and over the holidays they would visit each other.

I'm not saying it isn't hard, but it isn't impossible either.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

We have a saying in Mexico: "Faraway love, happyness for all the FOUR"

Pesimistic, but fun. For the four.

merged: 11-17-2006 ~ 12:48am
And quite true

Well its a hard question.

Some of these relationship works and go well (the fact is that some close friend is about to marry with his girlfriend, after four years of long distance relationship).

But on the other side I had twice of that relationships and none succeed, one because she found a nice guy in her new neighborhood, and the other one I simply coudn't stand be without her so much time.

But anyway I wish you luck if you gonna try.

Signature
-+| Signature by me |+-

AngelXXX

AngelXXX

Yaoi Lover

It works sometimes. Depending on the Situation.

I'm Back!!

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Agreed w/ AngelXXX it all depends... so it's neither yes, nor no... ^___^

-repeat-

Kazakian

Memetic Legacy

Depends on the persons involved
If they truly love each other than nothing can stay in the way of their love not even 1000 miles.
PFFF. now i am all serious. this does not happen very often

ionthedemon

ionthedemon

ens causa sui

they don't really work most of the times.
when i moved, me and my ex just didn't even really call each other at all, so we went on with our lives.
but sometimes they do i say 74% that they don't but theres still a 26% chance that it will.

depends on the person. i tried it once and i couldn't do it at all. it was fine talking for freakin 3-4 hours on the phone every night but then i realized... wow... im never gonna get any

Quote by theknown432
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can stop true love. Think of it; death, time and distance are normally large barriers between people and objects, but love isn't affected by it, if it is true love.

it is true if it is true love, nothing can move tt love away. bcos long distance relationship seriously is a GREATEST test for the couple and the best test to tell whether ur another truly loves you or nots. cos is a most painful and hard experience. if he/she loves you, no matter how long they are able to wait, even is forever like those are wad those mushy things the couples says to each other like " i love u 4eva" etc.

*back to topic*

if the couple is able to overcome the prob, they are really meant for each other meaning tt they loves their another half and nothing can separate their hearts.

but upon thinking. normally love comes about accompany and it human 's nature that they will forget things that they hardly think about or use. if ur another half is at another end of the world spending most his/her of time with someone opp. sex and as times goes by, sparks will be formed and feelings & memories for u will slowly fade away and forget u. Till the next time they see u den they will rmb u. from long distance relationship u can hardly tell wad ur gf/bf is thinking at those foreign and unfamiliar land.

this prob has no certain correct ans. all depends on yourself. ALL THE relationship problems has no real or absolute solution, they are only advices. if u are true to another half, u will not let another one occupies your heart no matter what. although this kind of love maybe fictional like those in tales, but it can be true if u know how to handle the relationship. there are examples that existed.

Also another point if u dun have any more feelings for the person juz tell them cos they could have met someone better or if he/she is willing to wait for u to come back tt has shown their true love even after a long time, AND U SHOULD CHERISH THOSE WHO LOVED YOU AND YOU LOVES ~

Pain is weakeness leaving your body.

i think long distance relationships work.
my mate is in the UK and her boyfriend is in Massachusetts, U.S but theyre prefectly happy and keep in touch mainly throuhgh video calls. theyve been together for quite a long time now :)

rorenzu

rorenzu

Mio Amakura

well, it would work for me if i want too. heh.

Together...forever...
Signature
sig and avatar by Kuya JaK

if you belive in it! so of course! don't give up if you really like the person!

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

long term relationships involve a lot of commitment. it's already hard enough when you have to leave for college and you start getting busy with homework, exams, among other things. in addition, you also meet new people and relationships start to form. in my opinion i probably couldn't handle it.

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

redangel6112

redangel6112

DozoYorishiku (Nice to meet you)

I think it is possible ^^
A friend of mine have a boyfriend in oversea. They had been getting along really good for few years already. I don't really know the details how they keep in touch on each other but I know that when both of them are having holidays, they would meet each other face to face in a way. :)
My friend even told me this "Distance is not a problem when love comes in" ;)

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

what kind of a relationship? hmm when it comes to friend o yes you can keep a friendship even if a long distance is involved
but when it comes to a love relation..I don`t really think that it could be possible for 2 people
to love each other without spending time together as a couple ^_^'

but exceptions exist so yah it could happen o.O

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

It'll work if you really want it to...
As long as you work for it...

Well, i dont have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship yet, let alone a long distance one, but i DO have a long distance friendship. It's fairly easy to maintain, seeing as i email back and forth every day or two. however, a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship may be harder to keep than that.

If anyone has one and is reading my post, i wish you good luck.

Cheers. Another year wasted.

I HATE school. it leaves you with no time to chase your own personal goals and ambitions.

Ganjamus

Ganjamus

Insanity's Asylum

It all depends on how loyal you can stay to each other and how deep the commitment is.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines
^ In rememberance of the great siggy Milkiyo made me...

I agree with Ganjamus.
not only that, but, must be trustworthy couple, well this is my opinion, because me myself, i don't believe that physical things are the key to love, as a lot believe, then that becomes more of lust than love.
but it would work if both are dedicated and not hopeless, because it ends up being pressuring if they're both in a hurry to be together, so they rather just wirk on their own lives with both their hearts and minds connected. ~hyuuu
well again that is my opinion. :)

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 44 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.