Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Whoooo... hum, winners ^_^ - Minitokyo

Whoooo... hum, winners ^_^

Group announcement by Doujinshi-Support-Club

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Ahah, once again, i'm impressed by the 'awesome' number of votants, which amounts to the number of fingers i have on both my hands (plus my 2 big toes) ! So i'd like to say thanks to those who actually took the time to even glance at the entries, and above all, a big thanks to all those who participated (given the low number of votes, don't mind it if you don't get one, because i'm sure that there are some people out there in the MT community that love your work, it's just that maybe they didn't vote :))
Sometimes, i wonder if the vote has any point at all, since it's only 1/30 of the total members who vote... i wonder what would one say if the president would get the job with 97 % abstention rate ^_^'....

Oh well, nevermind that (and i'm not saying that the winners don't deserve it, don't get me wrong... but i think it's unfair to everyone who puts up effort in drawing... be they winners or mere participants).

*rant stop*

Okay, time for the round of applause : we've got 3 winners this time, with a tie in the coloured section
- regular : starhellokittyangel with Young Dreams ~ ( Young Dreams ~ by starhellokittyangel )
- colored : Wapy with Lady of the Light ( Lady of the Light by Wapy ), and KOKUJINDESU with GOTH GODDESS ( GOTH GODDESS by KOKUJINDESU )

Nice job *bow*

As a final thank, it goes to everyone who provided support in the display (such as peg chan for the wonderful page layout every month and the backup, ephie, everyone who put up the entries, and all the people who posted in the page words such as "time to vote").

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

congrats!

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

yay..! congrats..! ^^

Signature Image

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Oh goodie!
The contest's results are finally out!
CONGRATULATIONS to the winners...I'm happy for you guys!
*throws bright colored confettis* Yeyeye! ;)

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

Blueheart

Blueheart

Wapy's sister

yeah! my sister Wapy won!
she'll be so happy!

Signature
	Image .:Proud Hokage of Naruto:.

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

CON.GRAD.U.LA.TIONS!

<3

Magically Delicious, yo.

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Congratulations to starhellokittyangel, Wapy and KOKUJINDESU! Oh, lol, I forgot sending congrats to the last month's winners -- staokmuoryao and studio -- so congrats congrats to everyone, the participants and organizers of the Monthly Displays!

Wow, I see new members and old members posting here today!

Noooo, Anjhu so full of sarcasm today! Ok, just for you, I hastily rushed this thing out... to inspire everyone who feels down about the Displays and all... anyway, if we can't increase the number of people voting in the Display, then maybe we could increase the number of activities we have in the DSC and other parts of MT to increase the whole "Support Doujinshi" cause, ne? The thing below's really incoherent, but just showing you guys who think we all seem to be headed someplace bad and to inspire you and yes, what was I talking about? O_O ... oh, and more surprises for you guys from me to come!

Prototype Model for Diversifying the "Support Doujinshi" Cause in Minitokyo and Other Spaces and Places: The "Hachimitsu to Kuroubaa/Hachikuro/Kurooba Model"!

Largely inspired while staring/watching the pattern below from the anime "Honey and Clover"
(screenshot grabbed from here)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1007/honeyclover20805lgpf0.th.jpg
... stare... stare... stare...

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3013/slide1jl4.th.gif
Lonely doujinshi artiste..... T_T
Lonely doujinshi supporter... T_T
Lonely Doujinshi Circle... oh, the mundanity of just submitting my artwork, of waiting for comments, of waiting to be seen, of being ignored, of being molested because of "standards", of endlessly commenting on other artists' works, of suggesting artwork to be highlighted on the MT frontpage, of sorting thru the doujinshi galleries and complimenting "high quality" artwork while deleting those that do not pass MT standards... oh, the mundanity!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4598/slide2av8.th.gif
Doujinshi marries who?
Doujinshi x ?
The happiness and pains of a commitment! A partnership! A relationship! Love! And all the trimmings! Sex? XD

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1342/slide3wh5.th.gif
Possibilities ('should be flavored with a little sweetness [honey] and luck [clover]!)
Doujinshi x ? x ? x ?
Diversification!

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6600/slide4cs6.th.gif
Clover-shaped model marries 'MT things'
Doujinshi x wallpapers
Doujinshi x avatars/sigs/banners
Doujinshi x forums/reviews
Doujinshi x vectors
(Note: feel free to marry doujinshi with any other 'MT thing'!)

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9432/slide5ki0.th.gif
Clover-shaped model marries 'MT persons'
Doujinshi x muted/restricted/banned members
Doujinshi x moderators/admin
Doujinshi x elite members
Doujinshi x members (all kinds)
(Note: feel free to marry doujinshi with any other 'MT person'!)

Sample Hachikuro Model -- mixing it all up
Project Proposal: (lol, it's kinda on hold, because dianas got unrestricted [which is good!])
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6343/slide6fv9.th.gif
An Attempt at Explaining the Crap Above:
"The 'Doujinshi x Muted/Restricted/Banned Members x Category Series Banners' Project Proposal"
(draft, test version XD)

The Doujinshi Part:
Project volunteers will ask various doujinshi groups and other doujin artists to volunteer some of their artwork/doujinshi based on various Category Series. Say an artist has a lovely but underappreciated doujinshi of "Witch Hunter Robin" or "Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne". Project volunteers can seek that artist's permission to use her/his artwork as a Category Series Banner.

The Category Series Banner Part:
Let's look at http://browse.minitokyo.net/198/gravitation/ . The image that appears in this page is called the "Category Series Banner".

Project volunteers will propose to the MT moderators that they be allowed to concoct banners for Category Series in MT, but the twist is that the volunteers will be seeking help from and supporting doujinshi artists by making banners out of doujinshi.

The Muted/Restricted/Banned Members Part:
We in the Project are encouraging Muted/Restricted/Banned Members to participate in the Project, via the following ways:

a. volunteer making banners out of doujinshi
-- we do hope that you give your best when concocting the banners; anyway, people here could review the banners submitted for the project and check if it's really nice and made with love and all, lol...

b. writing Category/Plot Synopses
-- again, Project volunteers will review if the synopses are nice and well and all before submitting to the moderator/s responsible for maintaining the MT Category Series section...

c. be part of the Project Volunteers core group
-- the Project volunteers will take on more intensive roles, such as reviewing the banners/synopses submitted by muted/restricted/banned members, suggesting more projects that would help MT and muted/restricted/banned members and talking with doujinshi artists to encourage them to volunteer their artwork for the banners

The whole point of involving Muted/Restricted/Banned Members Part is to give them a chance to prove that they wish to be re-granted the same privileges as any other ordinary member. By contributing their time to make banners, synopses and other projects for the website, the Project Volunteers hope that their sincerity and goodwill shine thru.

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

kyara17

kyara17

~ black wings ~

congrats ;P

ether92

ether92

Missing that little Devil.

Signature
Hey... I was wondering, maybe after we die... will there be... cake?

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

.... well first thing that comes to mind when seeing that honey and clover pattern is "hey, most of the circles only touch each other", meaning that they can go round and round without sharing anything.
Also, the fact that we can make a square into those circles reminds me of the problem (i don't know if it's a mathematic problem or physic one), the "quadrature of the circle" (wikied here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrature_of_the_circle ). And that problem is deemed impossible.

Yeah, i'm in a somewhat dark mood, but whatever ! I guess that we can throw away the 'euclidian geometry' that binds everyone down, and give a try at the impossible ;)

PS hey peg chan, i'm still relying on your skills *hugs* (ahah, we've got 2 colored winners, how would that look ? maybe switch the page after 2 weeks :))

kiokorenay703

kiokorenay703

Dasha Denger

Pretty nice, i like the original one! ^^ Great job everyone! :)

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Oh crap! >.< I knew I was forgetting something! -_- You can hit me Anjhu, really really hard... maybe that would also help me forget all my other problems (ants, dripping ceiling now, etc...) at the same time.

Well, congrats to all the winners! Good job everyone!

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

omedeto gozaimasu! XD

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

lol, so anyway, why see a square out of a circle in the first place? O_O

Anyway, Anjhu, sooo... the Special Displays/Year Round Displays are coming up soon, right? ^^^ What do the organizers have so far? When do the organizers start collating stuff?

Anyway 2, 'just thought of this, ne: following the purely-stupid and subjective Hachikuro Model of Diversifying Doujinshi Participation, aside from having black-and-white/colored categories fo the 'Year Round Display/Special Displays', why not also have a "Draw with your mind" category?

"Draw with your mind" category: to draw in participation of people who are not that confident with their drawing skills and are intimidated in joining contests and such, or people who can't draw or don't have the time to draw with pen/pencil/tablet/etc.

"Draw with your mind": think of a particular scene, character, situation or whatever, then try to describe it in words. Anything goes! Well, almost, since you probably have to take into consideration the various MT rules on foul language, explicit/offensive posts and imagery, etc... other than that, go go go! Try to be as imaginative as you could!

Post your idea on the DSC thread for the Special Displays/Year Round Display.

Your post describing what you would want to draw will, of course, be critiqued and commented upon by various members, so please be prepared for follow-up posts!

The winning "drawing in your mind" post/s will be converted into the world of images! Hopefully, the organizers will bug someone to draw it for you! I hope...

Anyway, more ideas to come! And I hope the Displays' going to be fun, come ants, dripping ceilings or whatever! XD

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

cassandraronald

cassandraronald

..+Arashi Arashi for dream+..

congrats to all^^

fidiou

fidiou

unknow

congrats to all!

Signature
yo!!! I'm the teacher of doujinshi!

chikage-kekinha

chikage-kekinha

.shine of the stars.

Congrats to all!^^

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.